LIVE * Prima * April 30 – May 7, 2023 * Aft OS

HBCcruiser

21 hours ago, UKstages said:

you're not weird. (if you are, so am i.) nor are you alone,

for a variety of reasons, i bring my own soap, shampoo and conditioner with me and never use the stuff in the dispensers.

I usually bring soap bars because they are moisturizing. I didn't last time, and it was fine. I did not bring shampoo/conditioner because the Haven had L'Occitane, which is my favorite. And which I use at home.  However, the scent was a really weird one, it was like cooking herbs. Not my fav.. I should have brought my own. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 7:52 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Yeh that minimalist design does not work well for us ladies. Poor design IMO. Where do they keep the hair dryer? No mirror there? 

Not sure which cabin you will be in. We were in the 2 BR Haven. The hair dryer was crazy. Wired into the wall behind the sink and accessible by reaching under the sink. As a result, the cord only came to about my upper chest (I am 5'4") and it was a struggle to dry my hair without being over. Next time I will bring my own. Hopefully other suites are not set up that way! But just in case, I recommend bringing your own. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:56 AM, kleibo said:

Does anyone know what time the Haven passengers can start to board.  I don't want to be too early.  Thanks.

We got there at 9. Boarded around 11:00. But the time went by fast--lots of treats set out. Plus, the excitement!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Hmmm glad I’m bringing some onboard then! I’ll definitely post about that. We Veuve lovers need to know!🥂

No Veuve on our cruise end of February. Yes to Moet Chandon, though. That's good enough for me!

27 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Not sure which cabin you will be in. We were in the 2 BR Haven. The hair dryer was crazy. Wired into the wall behind the sink and accessible by reaching under the sink. As a result, the cord only came to about my upper chest (I am 5'4") and it was a struggle to dry my hair without being over. Next time I will bring my own. Hopefully other suites are not set up that way! But just in case, I recommend bringing your own. 

We are in the aft owners suite with large balcony. I’m bringing my own bath and hair stuff n dryer too. Not going to deal with theirs. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

The sea was angry that day, my friends, Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

LOL! LOVE Seinfeld. One of the best shows ever! “No soup for you!”

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

NCL has a list of prohibited items:  Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

I would  think a hair dryer would be included.

17 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

NCL has a list of prohibited items:  Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

I have always brought one...since they are not specifically listed I'm thinking they are not prohibited. They certainly are much more common than immersion heaters and hot plates. But who knows. 

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Waiting in the lounge. It’s pretty quiet at 5 AM.😂

IMG_2881.jpeg

Love the Flagship Lounge. Always get to the airport early to enjoy the Flagship and Qantas Lounges. The choice of  champagne in the Qantas First Lounge is really nice.  My own little pub crawl before a flight out of LAX. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Nope. I bring it every cruise.

• Like 1