How quiet are rooms near the elevators? (Edge class, Beyond, forward)

zitsky

I won a move up bid on the Beyond, forward Sky Suite cabin.  I see it's close to the elevators.  It's an accessible room.  I've checked the spreadsheet for the specific room but it's not listed.  I'm wondering how much noise from the elevators I can expect to hear inside the cabin?

4 minutes ago, long time lurker said:

We are currently in a sky suite on the Betond right off the elevator lobby. We have no issues with noise. 

Thank you for that.  I think I will enjoy the room more with a balcony.  Was not looking forward to an IV.  Too bad we won’t have a tub as ours is an accessible room.

32 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I won a move up bid on the Beyond, forward Sky Suite cabin.  I see it's close to the elevators.  It's an accessible room.  I've checked the spreadsheet for the specific room but it's not listed.  I'm wondering how much noise from the elevators I can expect to hear inside the cabin?

We have been by the aft elevators without a noise issue several times on decks 10 and 11 on the bumpout!  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lastdance said:

We have been by the aft elevators without a noise issue several times on decks 10 and 11 on the bumpout!  

Thanks.  What kind of massage should I request from the butler?  😂😂😂

Sky Suites near the forward elevators are our preferred location on E-class. Have had them on Edge, Apex, Beyond, and next January on Ascent. Great location. Never had any noise issues.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Sky Suites near the forward elevators are our preferred location on E-class. Have had them on Edge, Apex, Beyond, and next January on Ascent. Great location. Never had any noise issues.

mac_tlc

Fried chicken joke from yesterday aside, agree with mac_tlc, cabins close to fwd elevator have best location IMO. All Retreat facilities are located at front of the ship, just an elevator ride away. No one wants to walk the entire length of the ship with food in belly and drink in hands. 

If your biggest concern is noise, crew area might be a worse issue than the elevator banks. During the recent sailing, we had cabin 10112 that was directly across from the door to the crew area. We peaked in when the door was open and we could see the stairs and elevators, so it was a heavy traffic area. We can hear the door banging from our cabin. It didn’t bother us but i can see it being a problem for light sleepers. If you are getting 11122/11123, don’t have to worry about crew door noise at all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Definitely a “no touch.”  Maybe you meant “message’” like information!

Wow.  This cruise line is heading downhill fast.  😂😂😂

If I have a flower order will it follow me?  Should I call X?

How crowded does the Retreat lounge get if you want to just hang out with a book and have a glass of wine?

Also I’ve heard the pool and hot tub area can get pretty crowded?

I had booked a pool cabana for a sea day.  But if Luminae is open for lunch I will cancel it and sit by the Retreat pool.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

Kind of a related question, do you feel the movement of the ship more in the forward suites on the Edge class ships? I noticed the upper suites are forward and wondering if it would be an issue.  DS gets  sea sick pretty easily, so not sure if it would be a good idea to book one of these?  We’ve always booked mid-ship and been fine, except for the Mexican Riviera, but that’s a different story.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 3:35 PM, zitsky said:

Wow.  This cruise line is heading downhill fast.  😂😂😂

If I have a flower order will it follow me?  Should I call X?

How crowded does the Retreat lounge get if you want to just hang out with a book and have a glass of wine?

Also I’ve heard the pool and hot tub area can get pretty crowded?

I had booked a pool cabana for a sea day.  But if Luminae is open for lunch I will cancel it and sit by the Retreat pool.

Retreat Lounge can be crowded in the morning and late afternoon to early evening.  We found it pretty quiet between 10:30 - 2:30.  

The Sun Deck area on got very crowded on the Apex and Edge.  The Beyond has more suites but the Sun Deck area is much larger so that should reduce the crowding.  Unfortunately our Beyond sailing was cool, wet, generally bad weather so no 1st hand experience with a sunny day on the Beyond.

Yes Luminae is open for lunch on sea days.

• Thanks 1