Live: Beyond TA: April 23 - MAY 7; 8 Day Adriatic: May 7 - May 15 & Sorrento

Lastdance

I do not know if anyone reading this cares about the Effy necklace and charms, but they are doing it on Beyond.. I am giving it to a girl at school who wants to do a cruise so badly!

IMG_2079.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I do not know if anyone reading this cares about the Effy necklace and charms, but they are doing it on Beyond.. I am giving it to a girl at school who wants to do a cruise so badly!

IMG_2079.jpeg

I received one also.

I like your idea of gifting it. 😊

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

IMG_2079.jpeg

That looks lovely. It doesn't appear to be a brand generally available in Ireland, so I assume my wife will be looking closely onboard! Is there much difference in price between on-board and buying locally?

18 minutes ago, Ramsgate23 said:

That looks lovely. It doesn't appear to be a brand generally available in Ireland, so I assume my wife will be looking closely onboard! Is there much difference in price between on-board and buying locally?

I'm not sure you can buy this item locally. I received one as a “gift” after making a purchase of one of their regular merchandise items.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ramsgate23 said:

On our cruise, the necklace was in our room.  The charms were given away free on different days during the cruise.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I'm not sure you can buy this item locally. I received one as a “gift” after making a purchase of one of their regular merchandise items.

thank you. My question was more the comparison between ship prices and what is on the Effy website. Thanks

1 hour ago, Ramsgate23 said:

thank you. My question was more the comparison between ship prices and what is on the Effy website. Thanks

The  piece of jewelry we purchased on board was on sale for more than 50% off, so we didn’t see the need to comparison shop. 😉

Marseille -- We booked a private tour with two other couples to Le Luberon Regional Natural Park and discovered the beautiful, hilltop villages of Gordes, Roussillon, Lacoste, and Bonnieux.  It was a truly unforgettable day.

• Like 1

We are in Dubrovnik, Croatia for 12 hours, so lots of time to enjoy Old Town and sights along the sea.  Last time we were here, several years ago, we climbed the wall to walk all the way around it.  This is such a beautiful country, not to mention the people are lovely too!  We wanted to do some kayaking, but changed our minds due to the rain in the forecast.   Here’s hoping that I will be able to get a few photos after dark to see all the lights...stay tuned!

IMG_2086.jpeg

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_2089.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

IMG_2084.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

IMG_2093.jpeg

IMG_2106.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 11

On 5/5/2023 at 7:49 AM, Lastdance said:

Unfortunately, getting back to Old Town was difficult, at best.  Let’s just say that the bullies were out in full force and tried to distract us by their yelling and claims that we were pushing small children and those in strollers out of the way; basically, one does all the loud talking and gets others to join in attacking you for what one person claims.  Long story short, those joining in keep it up.  One man pushed me, as my DH was about 15 ft away.  I was able to get to him and share what had just happened and the person responsible.  when he confronted the man, him and his friend just yelled, but basically backed off.  They try to separate you and get others to believe whatever they are saying.  Through all of this, I lost my sunglasses...Maui Jims.  Yes, I had to defend myself against these disrespectful people, as it was part of my being vigilant training.  This situation was very draining, but no one was able to take my purse or DH’s backpack!  I guess we looked old and helpless with our silver hair!

So sorry that happened to you, that sounds terrible!  Glad you're both ok.

If others are going to Marseille and want to see the Cathedral, I can recommend the Petit Train.  It seems a bit touristy and silly, but for €8 it takes a very pretty scenic route along the coast and then up to the cathedral, where you can get off and then catch another one back to the harbor when ready.  It's quick, easy, and well worth the cost IMO for the "no stress" experience of getting to/from Notre Dame de la Garde.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lastdance said:

We are in Dubrovnik, Croatia for 12 hours, so lots of time to enjoy Old Town and sights along the sea.  Last time we were here, several years ago, we climbed the wall to walk all the way around it.  This is such a beautiful country, not to mention the people are lovely too!  We wanted to do some kayaking, but changed our minds due to the rain in the forecast.   Here’s hoping that I will be able to get a few photos after dark to see all the lights...stay tuned!

IMG_2086.jpeg

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_2089.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

IMG_2084.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

IMG_2093.jpeg

IMG_2106.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg

lovely photos..they have  great depth..what are u shooting with?

1 hour ago, scubagal44 said:

So sorry that happened to you, that sounds terrible!  Glad you're both ok.

If others are going to Marseille and want to see the Cathedral, I can recommend the Petit Train.  It seems a bit touristy and silly, but for €8 it takes a very pretty scenic route along the coast and then up to the cathedral, where you can get off and then catch another one back to the harbor when ready.  It's quick, easy, and well worth the cost IMO for the "no stress" experience of getting to/from Notre Dame de la Garde.

Thank you!  Unfortunately, this happened right by this train and Cathedral…doesn’t mean it will happen to anyone else, but Marseille is so busy and it is only May!   It could happen anywhere, but I hope not to anyone else.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow, we head to Kotor, Montenegro.  Rain chances are 50%, so the beautiful views on the way in may not be available like they were the first time we were here.  Time will tell the story.

On 5/5/2023 at 10:49 AM, Lastdance said:

Unfortunately, getting back to Old Town was difficult, at best.  Let’s just say that the bullies were out in full force and tried to distract us by their yelling and claims that we were pushing small children and those in strollers out of the way; basically, one does all the loud talking and gets others to join in attacking you for what one person claims.  Long story short, those joining in keep it up.  One man pushed me, as my DH was about 15 ft away.  I was able to get to him and share what had just happened and the person responsible.  when he confronted the man, him and his friend just yelled, but basically backed off.  They try to separate you and get others to believe whatever they are saying.  Through all of this, I lost my sunglasses...Maui Jims.  Yes, I had to defend myself against these disrespectful people, as it was part of my being vigilant training.  This situation was very draining, but no one was able to take my purse or DH’s backpack!  I guess we looked old and helpless with our silver hair!

How terrible,  but glad u are okay minus the sunglasses..

We had a similar scary experience in Old Town Barcelona. We wanted to visit the Old Synagogue..but access down a narrow lane led to a group of "gypsies" in blue jeans. They started to surround us . We realized it , and were able to escape.  Sadly, they also had a group ready to pounce at an alt street...so sadly we missed going to the synagogue...

Barcelona and Rome both have crafty pickpockets and thieves,  in town, markets, restaurants, trains,etc..must be on guard!

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Tomorrow, we head to Kotor, Montenegro.  Rain chances are 50%, so the beautiful views on the way in may not be available like they were the first time we were here.  Time will tell the story.

IMG_2120.jpeg

IMG_2119.jpeg

IMG_2118.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

As promised, a couple of night time photos of Dubrovnik.  It is so peaceful here at night, not to mention very beautiful…

IMG_2117.jpeg

IMG_2113.jpeg

IMG_2116.jpeg

Great pics. Did you take them from the ship? 

Really enjoying reading your discussion and seeing your great photos!

We’re on the Fall Transatlantic on Beyond. Our last cruise was years ago. A couple of questions, if you can answer:

Would you be able to take a photo of the wine list to include prices of glasses? We’re primarily wine drinkers and the Celebrity website isn’t all that informative. Still trying to decide whether to get a drink package which will mostly depend on how much we would have to pay for a “decent” glass of wine. If there’s a cocktail menu with prices that would be great as well, should we have those on occasion. DH likes his Johnny Walker. I might have a martini.

How was the internet connection with Starlink on the crossing?

Were the seas ever rough enough on the crossing to warrant seasickness remedies?

Thanks!