Sterilizing baby bottles?

Toddcan

Any suggestions on sterilizing baby bottles?   I know some options are to get a waiter to bring boiling water, or to bring a good bottle brush with good soap, but if the desire is a truly sterilized bottle, how has anyone tackled this issue?  

Your baby has to be six months old to sail.  At that age, why are you still sterilizing bottles?  40 years ago, when I taught prenatal classes, we told our moms that running them through the dishwasher was good enough, and if you had city water, you didn’t need to boil it.  So rinsing them is very hot water in the sink should do it.  EM

8 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Your baby has to be six months old to sail.  At that age, why are you still sterilizing bottles?  40 years ago, when I taught prenatal classes, we told our moms that running them through the dishwasher was good enough, and if you had city water, you didn’t need to boil it.  So rinsing them is very hot water in the sink should do it.  EM

I remember asking the pediatrician about when I could stop with my oldest, she told me soap and water were fine, babies need clean, not sterile. The more kids I had the more bottles I bought because it’s was easiest just to wash them in the dishwasher.

Sterilization is for breast pump bottles.  As much as I appreciate the suggestions, Mom (not their first child) wants to sterilize her breast pump bottles and store them in a fridge (this is another ask we have into the special needs dept of Royal Caribbean). 

I doubt the above item would be large enough, it looks like it is sized for a pacifier.  Any steam sterilizer would be prohibited.  Your only hope would be if the medical center has an autoclave (and given today's almost universal use of disposable implements, I'm not sure they have one), and they would do this for you.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:20 PM, Toddcan said:

Sterilization is for breast pump bottles.  As much as I appreciate the suggestions, Mom (not their first child) wants to sterilize her breast pump bottles and store them in a fridge (this is another ask we have into the special needs dept of Royal Caribbean). 

she can use drop-in bags (single use) to store the milk. She wouldn't have to sterilize the bottles.

I pumped into bottles, but didn't sterilize them past 5-6 months.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy