FCC discontinued??

MomentsNotice

On QE and inquired about purchasing future cruise credit. Purser said currently only available for Australians/New Zealanders. Not Americans. 

is that true? When discontinued? Seems like an easy way cash-strapped carnival could get free use of money until redeemed. 

is discontinuation of shareholder OBC next??

Edited by MomentsNotice

I think you are referring to the Future Cruise Deposit.  When I was on the QE 10 months ago I purchased deposits for us. It was explained that they were available only to those from the US and Canada. People from the UK were particularly annoyed, as has been discussed earlier on CC.

Perhaps the rules have changed yet again.

27 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

I think you are referring to the Future Cruise Deposit.  When I was on the QE 10 months ago I purchased deposits for us. It was explained that they were available only to those from the US and Canada. People from the UK were particularly annoyed, as has been discussed earlier on CC.

Perhaps the rules have changed yet again.

Pay $100 now and next cruise receive OBC $50+ depending length cruise and type cabin. HAL calls future cruise credit. 

am on QE in Japan now. Perhaps depends where ship cruising for who can purchase. Or according to purser it has been discontinued for Americans but she didn’t know when discontinued. 

where were u cruising?

8 hours ago, MomentsNotice said:

On QE and inquired about purchasing future cruise credit. Purser said currently only available for Australians/New Zealanders. Not Americans. 

is that true? When discontinued? Seems like an easy way cash-strapped carnival could get free use of money until redeemed. 

is discontinuation of shareholder OBC next??

I think you'll find they're not available to Australians. I'm sure I would have been offerred that option in February when I was on board if it had been the case that they were available as I couldn't make a booking - or wasn't prepared to - as I was awaiting the Future Cruise Credit from Cunard for my cancelled cruise (February, 2023). (I was only on board because I managed to make a replacement booking through the UK office).

People have been saying for many months that Future Cruise Deposits are no longer available to most of us - only available to residents of the US. I think the purser was confused by their convoluted rules.

9 hours ago, MomentsNotice said:

where were u cruising?

Our summer cruise on the QE was from Vancouver  to Alaska. We also had a Québec - New York voyage on the QM2 in the autumn.  The FCDs were available to us on both. I foolishly neglected to purchase them on the latter voyage although the staff told me they were available.  

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

People have been saying for many months that Future Cruise Deposits are no longer available to most of us - only available to residents of the US. I think the purser was confused by their convoluted rules.

They are (I hope they still are!) also available for Canadians.  The FCDs are purchased in Canadian $ which makes sense because the fares we pay are in Canadian $. For the past several FCDs, Cunard has charged us a rate of 30% over the US $ rate. This is slightly advantageous to us.  The on-board credit that is offered with them is in US $.  

We are returning to the QE in less than two months and hope we can still buy FCDs.

Edited by david,Mississauga

They haven't been a available to UK cruiser's since COVID but we're still available to US citizens. Have had long communications with Cunard's Chief Executive office in UK and also with Future Sales onboard. The last one suggested I book onboard a cruise I have no intention going on and extra OBC would be applied. Then when the new brochure is released move cruise to one of my choice and extra OBC would be moved. I said cannot believe she was suggesting do such a thing and she went all colours.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

They haven't been a available to UK cruiser's since COVID but we're still available to US citizens. Have had long communications with Cunard's Chief Executive office in UK and also with Future Sales onboard. The last one suggested I book onboard a cruise I have no intention going on and extra OBC would be applied. Then when the new brochure is released move cruise to one of my choice and extra OBC would be moved. I said cannot believe she was suggesting do such a thing and she went all colours.

It's common practice MT. The only fly in the ointment is on itinerary/ies release date, no transfers are, or weren't for us, allowed and as there are only a couple of cabins available we want to book and which often sell out on release we book within the first minute of release and as a consequence, we still have a cruise booked we have no intention of taking.

Never mind, it was booked on board so minimum deposit paid.

• Like 1