Galveston drink menu for day one?

Woody14

6 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

How long are the ships in Texas waters? When does drink package start?

Carnival now starts cheers on day 2.

I can remember when they started day 1. People used to have threads discussing if they should wait a day and start the next day on day 2 and save a whole day of cheers billing. Maybe so many waited is why carnival decided just start the next day. 

I had cheers on vista and on breeze. Breeze short 4 and 5 days, I really minded waiting a whole day to start, but no choice. It's how carnival does it. That welcome aboard drink not part of cheers outing Galveston out of texas on carnival. 

Another big difference with rcl I noticed is on private beaches cheers isnt good on carnival. 

10 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

If I have Cheers that starts on day two, but want to buy a bottle of wine on day 1 do I still get the 25% discount?

If I have Cruising the Vineyards, can I get bottle on day 1?

No you won’t get the discount because you don’t actually have Cheers on day one.

You could just bring a couple of bottles with you and have that the first day. 

1 hour ago, momof3cruisers said:

Hold up. I can’t get a Funship until international waters?! I swear my daughter and I got one as soon as we finished muster if Feb 22. I mean it won’t kill me but it’s our tradition. 

What's in a Funship?

16 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

If I have Cheers that starts on day two, but want to buy a bottle of wine on day 1 do I still get the 25% discount?

If I have Cruising the Vineyards, can I get bottle on day 1?

I'm not sure if anything about it was proper or official but I've had our head waiter sell us Cruise the Vineyards at dinner that first night and serve us that first bottle. He kinda glanced out the window saying 'We look to be out to sea'.

On 4/29/2023 at 11:35 AM, 1025cruise said:

I never said I wouldn't cruise out of Galveston. I think you quoted the wrong person. I also generally don't buy drinks packages, however if it's included will happily use it.

Yes, I think he was talking to me because I said I would not sail out of Galveston because of the rule.  I don't need to make him understand why I think the way I do. 

Everybody don't think the same way; too many people have an issue when people don't think like them.  To each his/her own.  

4 hours ago, jsglow said:

I'm not sure if anything about it was proper or official but I've had our head waiter sell us Cruise the Vineyards at dinner that first night and serve us that first bottle. He kinda glanced out the window saying 'We look to be out to sea'.

Maybe so you didn't have to pay sales tax on the package?

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

What's in a Funship?

Dude, like I know! Lol.  It’s similar to The Cruiser but it doesn’t have pineapple juice. 

Google is my friend:

1 1/2 oz Bacardi Light Rum

1 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Apricot Brandi

1/4 oz Amaretto

6 oz Fruit Punch

Edited by momof3cruisers

1 hour ago, momof3cruisers said:

Dude, like I know! Lol.  It’s similar to The Cruiser but it doesn’t have pineapple juice. 

Google is my friend:

1 1/2 oz Bacardi Light Rum

1 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Apricot Brandi

1/4 oz Amaretto

6 oz Fruit Punch

Might be tough before international waters, but a rum punch is possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allinwonderland said:

On the topic of Texas's weird laws and how Carnival deals with them - does anyone know if the liquor/beer/wine/etc you can pre-order to your room will be delivered on day 1 out of Galveston, or does that also have to wait until day 2 like Cheers does?

Day 2.

• Thanks 1