Where can I fill my ice bucket

Hi 

we always ask for ice and I understand that service is once a day. For those that always love to have ice in the stateroom,  do you simply ask for ice in any bar and carry multiple cups to your stateroom  or do walk around with the ice bucket proved by royal and ask for it ? 

• Like 1

You can also now request things (like more ice) online by scanning a QR code in your cabin (or there may be a link in the app). From what I have read, most requests are fulfilled in 30-60 minutes, either by your cabin attendant or another attendant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You can also now request things (like more ice) online by scanning a QR code in your cabin (or there may be a link in the app). From what I have read, most requests are fulfilled in 30-60 minutes, either by your cabin attendant or another attendant.

We had the QR code on Allure at the beginning of April and it was great. Got all of our requests within 60 minutes, including an ice bucket. We also kept it in the cooler (had to rearrange shelves but it did fit) and it made warm water bottles turn cold and the ice lasted for 2 days. 

BUT it may not be rolled out on all ships yet. I was following a trip report last week and one of the older ships did not have it yet. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Happy Cruiser Girl said:

You can ask your cabin steward for it. They can bring it to you twice a day if you prefer. We kept ours in the cooler (not really a fridge) and it kept our drinks that were in there cold and the ice lasted longer.

What a duh moment for me. 🤦‍♀️ Thanks for that tip. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have taken mine up to the WJ bar to ask to have it filled before.  And a buck tip like I would do for a "free" drink.  😉 

Filling your own ice bucket is worse than fixing the coffee machine yourself (which we would never do of course.) 🤫

Joking aside, our cabin attendants have always been good about filling it twice daily. When we sail with the new “one cleaning per day” I’ll be trying out the online request form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Filling your own ice bucket is worse than fixing the coffee machine yourself (which we would never do of course.) 🤫

Joking aside, our cabin attendants have always been good about filling it twice daily. When we sail with the new “one cleaning per day” I’ll be trying out the online request form.

No silly...I hand it over to the bartender at the WJ bar.   As I also hand them the dollar tip...they are most happy to fill it.  🙂 

And of course we would never think to fix the "almost always broken" coffee machine in the lounge.  😄 🤭

I still have twice a day, being booked in a JS and above.   But there has been the rare time when I could not find our cabin attendant when I wanted ice.  

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

But there has been the rare time when I could not find our cabin attendant when I wanted ice.  

Very annoying, have happened to us several times, no attendant in sight, I just called guest services and asked for them to send a bucket of ice then. Will give $20 on the first day next time and say I always want a full bucket of ice (or two)

16 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

@mcatmcat I am currently on the Harmony and I haven’t seen it. 

I am in a suite and ice was not automatically provided. On day 2 I requested ice and delivery has been hit or miss since then. 

That is strange,

I asked the cabin attendant to fill the ice bucket at every cleaning, and it has never been denied or not done   Filling the ice bucket is certainly not any type of unusual request and is almost routine

by the way, Ice is not normally provided in any type of accommodation. You simply asked your cabin attendant.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

26 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I asked the cabin attendant to fill the ice bucket at every cleaning, and it has never been denied or not done   Filling the ice bucket is certainly not any type of unusual request and is almost routine

Same experience here. We always do this, usually in an interior so not like we get extra special treatment, never had an issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

No silly...I hand it over to the bartender at the WJ bar.   As I also hand them the dollar tip...they are most happy to fill it.  🙂

OK, so you don't scoop the ice yourself but you still have to actually take your bucket there and spend a dollar! Those singles are for voucher drinks, not ice. 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

OK, so you don't scoop the ice yourself but you still have to actually take your bucket there and spend a dollar! Those singles are for voucher drinks, not ice. 🙈

LOL...that's true my friend!  😉   The ice this last time was to ice down my warm wine they delivered when I wanted a glass on the balcony for sail away.  And of course hopefully waiting for that luggage to arrive.  

45 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That is strange,

by the way, Ice is not normally provided in any type of accommodation. You simply asked your cabin attendant.

m

I’ve never had to request ice when staying in a suite. It was always automatically provided. That has been my experience but apparently it varies. 

3 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

I’ve never had to request ice when staying in a suite. It was always automatically provided. That has been my experience but apparently it varies. 

It does vary. Hit and miss depending on your steward. 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...that's true my friend!  😉   The ice this last time was to ice down my warm wine they delivered when I wanted a glass on the balcony for sail away.  And of course hopefully waiting for that luggage to arrive.  

Oh, warm wine, can't be waiting for the ice in that case. 👍

In addition to not fixing the coffee machine, my wife and I definitely do not go find our luggage in the "staging area" down the hall and take it ourselves, we wait for it to be delivered.

We just like to unpack and be done with it ASAP. It's like the last chore to do before being completely free to enjoy the cruise. And it gives the crew member two less suitcases to deliver so, like fixing the machine, we're actually doing RC a favor, right? 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Happy Cruiser Girl said:

You can ask your cabin steward for it. They can bring it to you twice a day if you prefer. We kept ours in the cooler (not really a fridge) and it kept our drinks that were in there cold and the ice lasted longer.

This is a great idea.  Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

And of course we would never think to fix the "almost always broken" coffee machine in the lounge.  😄 🤭

This was a hotly contested problem on our Dec. Odyssey trip....always broken and so was the suite machine according to our conc.  We have broken down and agreed we'll be doing a once per morning trip to Starbucks for our next trip.....😡

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

This was a hotly contested problem on our Dec. Odyssey trip....always broken and so was the suite machine according to our conc.  We have broken down and agreed we'll be doing a once per morning trip to Starbucks for our next trip.....😡

Oh hell no! I'm too frugal for that. I have read several instances of being given free coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade or wherever you can buy fancy coffee if the machine is completely broken.

The DL machine wasn't working one morning on Indy last July so I tailgated the breakfast set-up crew member into the SL, politely told him about the problem, and apologized to the whopping 3 suite guests in the SL for "borrowing" their machine for 2 cappuccinos to-go. They didn't actually care of course.

Right or wrong, this is my favorite Diamond perk next to the drink vouchers so I will not be denied my free cappuccinos, lol.

As an aside, the DL machine worked the rest of that cruise but it had a low pressure warning that I was told to just ignore. We went back on Indy 3 months later and the same low pressure warning was still there. 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1