No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

On 7/16/2023 at 4:47 AM, MiniJeffrey said:

We are talking about the FAS plus here, the one that states that all drinks by the glass are included.

No, you were talking about the Premium beverage package, which has a $15 limit. That being said the Premium Plus does not include any drink on the ship. There are still exclusions. 

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No, you were talking about the Premium beverage package, which has a $15 limit. That being said the Premium Plus does not include any drink on the ship. There are still exclusions. 

Many exclusions.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:39 AM, MiniJeffrey said:

Any new experiences by now, someone? 😄

I just got off of the Encore a couple weeks ago, and the current flyer lined up with the supply that was available.  Veuve only in specialty restaurants by the glass, Pommery Rose was available when I wanted it.  All of the whiskey's on the list were available at the whiskey bar, and Whistle Pig was all around the ship.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chillyw said:

I just got off of the Encore a couple weeks ago, and the current flyer lined up with the supply that was available.  Veuve only in specialty restaurants by the glass, Pommery Rose was available when I wanted it.  All of the whiskey's on the list were available at the whiskey bar, and Whistle Pig was all around the ship.

Good to hear that at least the Pommery is widely available.

On 7/18/2023 at 7:44 PM, gmbhardy said:

Many exclusions.

Not many exclusions. I think flights (so just order a full drink of each, because those are included), 'experiences' like Remy Martin XIII, and some tasting are excluded. Can't think of anything else (but every chance I'm missing a couple of things, but not 'many').

• Like 1

How much is the Louis XIII? I mean for a single serving on the ship?

Looks like a bottle goes for about $5000.

It would be fun to order one and then just mix it with ginger ale. 

Edit: Never mind. I looked it up:

image.png.bc471384dccccacf08c2e7516e1ebb

Edited by Fee Waybill
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thedarklord said:

Not many exclusions. I think flights (so just order a full drink of each, because those are included), 'experiences' like Remy Martin XIII, and some tasting are excluded. Can't think of anything else (but every chance I'm missing a couple of things, but not 'many').

Flights are not totally "excluded" since you do get 40% off the regular price. Same goes for bottles of wine that aren't fully included, and "connoisseur collection" liquor brands: you get 40% off. Not sure if  that applies to the Louis XIII "experience", however…

What is totally excluded, with no discount whatsoever, is room service and minibar. And I think the wine dispensers, which I don't even know why they bother having those.

16 minutes ago, Fee Waybill said:

I have relayed a story where a very drunk guy ordered a round once when staying in the Haven.  Good thing there were only 3 of us in the bar.  But, his bill was about $1,000 after his discount, I believe.

Granted, I’m not a cognac drinker, but talk about hyperbole in their description.  We sipped on it.  Frankly, if I had paid more than $10-$15 a shot for it, I would have thought it was too much but would pay it because it was served with a premium being served on a ship.

Aside from that, you could have told me it was from Bob’s Back Yard 2022 Grape Vintage and found it believable.

19 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Yep.

The Remy Martin Louis and similar are the only exclusion that I can think of. What are you thinking about? If a drink is not available at a bar (or any bar), that is not an exclusion. You can order what is at a bar. When I go to the Whisky Bar and can't get a Pina Colada, that is not an exclusion,,, that is a foo foo drink is not sold at the Whisky Bar. The fact that I can't get the full Whisky Bar selection of scotch at the pool bar is not an exclusion. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2023 at 8:07 AM, JamesIowa said:

Champagne aside, does grey goose generally seem available at spice h20 and vibe?

Just had P+ on the Joy from July 1-9 (it was a great sailing!!) and Grey Goose was readily available at Spice and really any bar we went to. Vibe will always have the higher end bottles avail so you'll be fine. 

We were a bit disappointed though that BioSteel wasn't available anywhere. The only sub they had was Red Bull....which didn't quite meet the hydration needs (especially the next morning lol). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DMParisHoneymoon said:

Just had P+ on the Joy from July 1-9 (it was a great sailing!!) and Grey Goose was readily available at Spice and really any bar we went to. Vibe will always have the higher end bottles avail so you'll be fine

Thanks for the info!

On 7/20/2023 at 3:06 PM, Fee Waybill said:

I love how NCL goes: everything by the glass included. And then: oh well actuallyyyyy, not EVERYTHING is included. 🫢

18 hours ago, DMParisHoneymoon said:

Just had P+ on the Joy from July 1-9 (it was a great sailing!!) and Grey Goose was readily available at Spice and really any bar we went to. Vibe will always have the higher end bottles avail so you'll be fine. 

We were a bit disappointed though that BioSteel wasn't available anywhere. The only sub they had was Red Bull....which didn't quite meet the hydration needs (especially the next morning lol). 

Did you try champagne, was it also easily available in P+?

"It is...no it's not....yes it is...no it's not...."

We can do this for days.

Here's the thing.....if there's a drink that you absolutely must have on your cruise, and it's not included in the drink package....ANY drink package....buy it by the glass, pay the FAS discounted price.

To argue about what is or isn't, what should or shouldn't, who does or doesn't...is futile.  If you don't want to pay tips, don't include FAS.  If you don't want any internet, don't buy FAS.  If you don't want excursion credits, don't buy FAS.  If you don't want to use any internet minutes then don't include FAS.

If you want to cruise another line because they include "Big Bob's Moonshine and Tar Remover" sail that line.  Arguing with anyone here isn't going to help your cause.

This reminds me of an argument I used to have with my late and wonderful Father about buying a Honda Accord.  He was a dyed in the wool "buy American at all costs". He would point out how his Cadillacs were bigger, with bigger motors, more chrome, etc.  It also cost 2x my Accord did and got ½ the MPG, never mind the "faux wood" in his Caddy started to peel after a year and it was in the shop 3X as much as my Accord.

He would not be deterred that his Caddy was better in every way.  Once they started making Accords in our Native Ohio, he was beside himself because Honda was paying AMERICAN WORKERS to build AMERICAN HONDAS.  Never could figure that one out.  But, that's another story for a different time.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MiniJeffrey said:

Did you try champagne, was it also easily available in P+?

Veuve was only available at Le Bistro. I also had a bottle of Pommery in The Manhattan Room one night as well. We didn't try getting chamagne at any bars though so don't know what was avail elsewhere. With that said though we did have Iniskillin Vidal ice wine by the glass as well - it was avail at The Cellars, Observation Lounge and Atrium bars. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Any haven travelers with an update on availability at the haven bar or restaurant? We’re traveling in October and everything I’ve heard is they’ll have the widest selection available in the haven including blue label which is only in the haven?

On 7/18/2023 at 3:05 PM, chillyw said:

Veuve only in specialty restaurants by the glass, Pommery Rose was available when I wanted it.  

Interesting.  I have P+ for my upcoming cruise.  I'll try Pommery but have always loved Veuve.  I know it wasn't on the most recent list I saw. 

Assuming I'm in a specialty restaurant, would Veuve still be included with P+?  Is it only at Le Bistro or is it at other specialties (specifically, Ocean Blue and Cagney's?)

Was on Joy Haven March 2023. P+. Veuve by the glass. On Joy Haven July 2023. P+. No Veuve by the glass. Available in Le Bistro only. Got off the ship in Port Canaveral. Took a $60 round trip taxi to Walmart. Purchased 4 bottles of Veuve to bring on board. Delivered to our room that night around 9:30 p.m. The 8 day cruise had a P+ supposed value of $2,668. We did not drink that $ amount in starbucks and water. NCL made money on us.  $139 a day plus gratuity. Rose by the glass available. Undrinkable for us. So if you want to eat at Le Bistro 7 nights you are o.k. If you want to bring your own on board, you are o.k. If you want to dish out more of your money and take a taxi, buy your own and lug back on board, you are o.k. 

1 hour ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Was on Joy Haven March 2023. P+. Veuve by the glass. On Joy Haven July 2023. P+. No Veuve by the glass. Available in Le Bistro only. Got off the ship in Port Canaveral. Took a $60 round trip taxi to Walmart. Purchased 4 bottles of Veuve to bring on board. Delivered to our room that night around 9:30 p.m. The 8 day cruise had a P+ supposed value of $2,668. We did not drink that $ amount in starbucks and water. NCL made money on us.  $139 a day plus gratuity. Rose by the glass available. Undrinkable for us. So if you want to eat at Le Bistro 7 nights you are o.k. If you want to bring your own on board, you are o.k. If you want to dish out more of your money and take a taxi, buy your own and lug back on board, you are o.k. 

Were any other alleged champagnes available by the glass - other than the pink one?

Thank you

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

Interesting.  I have P+ for my upcoming cruise.  I'll try Pommery but have always loved Veuve.  I know it wasn't on the most recent list I saw. 

Assuming I'm in a specialty restaurant, would Veuve still be included with P+?  Is it only at Le Bistro or is it at other specialties (specifically, Ocean Blue and Cagney's?)

It was at Le Bistro and Ocean Blue.

• Thanks 1