When will The Anthem get replaced in Southampton

57 minutes ago, allyfree said:

So ... same old, same old ... how depressing 😒

Odyssey is an evolution of her prior sisters.  The MDR is a prime example.  Stunning.   Quantum Ultra class vs. Quantum class.  Regular aft balcony cabins, not just suites back there.    

But I see your point.  One of the newest ships in the fleet, how terrible for you!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

Odyssey is an evolution of her prior sisters.  The MDR is a prime example.  Stunning.   Quantum Ultra class vs. Quantum class.  Regular aft balcony cabins, not just suites back there.    

But I see your point.  One of the newest ships in the fleet, how terrible for you!

as I mentioned above ... I prefer Oasis and Freedom class of ships so, yes, it's not great news for us but within the UK we're not fortunate enough to have any choice

• Like 2

Just now, little britain said:

How is Odyssey “ same old same old” 🤷‍♀️?! 

Different sized ship

Different decor

Different dining set up

Different shows 

As in 'we've already got a Quantum class' here so basically the same facilities

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allyfree said:

Hopefully sooner rather than later ... we're not fans at all. Much prefer the open space of Oasis class and even having an ice rink on Freedom ... hubby calls it Butlins Afloat 🤣

1 hour ago, allyfree said:

So ... same old, same old ... how depressing 😒

17 minutes ago, allyfree said:

as I mentioned above ... I prefer Oasis and Freedom class of ships so, yes, it's not great news for us but within the UK we're not fortunate enough to have any choice

15 minutes ago, allyfree said:

As in 'we've already got a Quantum class' here so basically the same facilities

There are many other cruise lines out there.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, allyfree said:

Oasis has so much unusable space in the hissing rain … essentially Boardwalk and Central Park are out which excludes huge areas forcing over crowding elsewhere. And all the plants 🌱 would die !

Dislike Freedom class intensely due to lack of visibility of the sea and that closed in shoebox of a Royal Promenade. 

17 minutes ago, little britain said:

Dislike Freedom class intensely due to lack of visibility of the sea. 

Wow, that’s interesting. It’s exactly opposite of what I feel of the Freedom class. I think it has one of the best connections to the sea of all classes of Royal Caribbean. The helicopter pad, the deck four unobstructed wraparound promenade, the well laid out pool decks…  I feel oasis class is inward focused where is freedom is outward focused..

• Like 3

Not same old - Odyssey is better than Anthem for sure. I loved my cruise on her from Rome and am excited for when she comes to Southampton, will definitely eye up a deal for 2025.

Sadly no Freedom Class in Europe these days but you can get both Oasis Class and Voyager Class in Spain/Italy, it's not like they are all on the other side of the world.

Edited by GlasgowCruiser01
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, allyfree said:

Anthem has only been in Southampton two years now after Covid, before that Independence was there for about ten years and Brits complaint about the ship. Now with Odyssey you get the newest ship that is suitable in size to sail to Northern Europe ports and still complain. Oasis class is not able to enter most ports in Norway, Scandinavia and UK because simply to big. If you want them fly one hour to Barcelona and do the more or less standard Med run all monster ships are doing and will do in the next years…

Edited by Saab4444

Genuinely, what do you want ?

Anthem is due to be replaced in 2025 by Odyssey... also not good enough according to some in this post. Newer ship, different shows, different layout, dining room etc.

Oasis class ships will never suit the UK climate.

Would you really want to be 'downgraded' back to a Freedom class ship?

This is honestly why I try not to sail out of Southampton anymore as it's just listening to moaning Brits the entire time moaning about trivial things.

There's a whole world out there!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Ooh that’s nice!

Personally I found Apex rather soulless… everything was the same, no vibe, over stylised, bland colours, uncomfortable chairs, and definitely not enough bars, …

however I did really like the 4 dining room set up. And the swimming pool was one of the biggest I’ve seen on a ship. 
I went on her twice.

Edited by little britain

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

Personally I found Apex rather soulless… everything was the same, no vibe, over stylised, bland colours, uncomfortable chairs, and definitely not enough bars, …

however I did really like the 4 dining room set up. And the swimming pool was one of the biggest I’ve seen on a ship. 
I went on her twice.

I like Silhouette much more than Apex!

• Like 1