Silver Nova Float-out

voyager23

On 5/4/2023 at 9:40 AM, Lois R said:

Good morning, did any of you get an email with a "Float Out" VIdeo?  I got one this morning and I think the inside of the ship is going to be beautiful😀 There are 3 sets of videos......one is a little over 2 minutes and shows the restaurant/bar venues, etc..........I am sailing her in November and as much as I love Moon and Dawn, I can't wait to sail Nova!😀oh, the Dusk Bar looks good to me!

Thanks Lois. I had received the email but didn't realize there was more to it than the earlier float out. The video is very well done and yes, that Dusk Bar looks lovely - can't wait to be aboard!

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

Finally Lois!   😀👍

The 3 of us will definitely have to have dinner together😀

3 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Thanks Lois. I had received the email but didn't realize there was more to it than the earlier float out. The video is very well done and yes, that Dusk Bar looks lovely - can't wait to be aboard!

Me too!😀

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Wayne, it is on the website but here is the link.......click on the picture. It should give you 3 separate videos, the longest one is  2minutes/13seconds.

https://www.silversea.com/lp-silver-nova.html?cid_email=em_USA_EM2301195612_VS_CLASSIC_CON_DEM_LINK&IndividualId=18168223&utm_campaign=USA_EM2301195612_VS&utm_source=USA&utm_medium=Email&cid=131427&mid=335700172

Many thanks Lois, very excited to board this beautiful new SS ship.

In the strange workings of Silversea we finally got our cruise on the Shadow changed to the Nova.  Strange workings you ask?  When moving from the Shadow to the Nova for the same itinerary but four months later we lost our business air offer and would have to be placed in guarantee status for our cabins.  But…here comes the strange….if we stay on the Nova three more days to Vancouver, BC we get the business class air back and can pick our cabins right now.  Oh and to add a bit of flavor to the mix staying in three days with their various offers is less than if we got off in San Francisco.  Now I haven’t seen the numbers so I’m just going by our TA and even she thought it was strange.

Edited by Randyk47

We booked the Nova 14 months ago. Lisbon to Lisbon this October 16th.

It's a long wait but I am sure it will be well worth it. I can't wait to see actual photos of the interiors.

Do you think they will have all new menus or the same as the other SS ships we have been on?

Elaine 😎 

2 minutes ago, boccenana said:

We booked the Nova 14 months ago. Lisbon to Lisbon this October 16th.

It's a long wait but I am sure it will be well worth it. I can't wait to see actual photos of the interiors.

Do you think they will have all new menus or the same as the other SS ships we have been on?

Elaine 😎 

I would imagine since the menus are generally based on all the same basics bought for the whole fleet, maybe the whole of RCL, the differences from ship to ship are driven by the head chef and their staff.   There are probably some regional adjustments made based on what might be available in one area of the world versus another.  

Just now, Randyk47 said:

I would imagine since the menus are generally based on all the same basics bought for the whole fleet, maybe the whole of RCL, the differences from ship to ship are driven by the head chef and their staff.   There are probably some regional adjustments made based on what might be available in one area of the world versus another.  

Thanks Randy. That makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Earlier this week on another site, CEO Barbara Muckerman posted a photo (below) of her first meal aboard the Silver Nova. Another photo showed a group of top RCCL executives gathered aboard the ship.  The posts mentioned that the ship is undergoing its final outfitting.

The first voyage is on August 14th and apparently there is a preview voyage for TAs, press, etc. on August 12th.   Based on the posts this week - it looks as if this ship may actually be ready a bit ahead of schedule. 

image.png.4314c48e61be155f7aaae1710446ecbd.png

• Thanks 5

Can’t wait to see more. We are on her for the South America GV in January 2024. Considering one of the trips from Lisbon before then. Lots going on at home and we have only been back for a week so can’t commit yet 😢.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, toseaornottosea said:

Hardly ahead of schedule.  Nova was originally scheduled to sail in mid July.  Don't recall the exact date.  

You are, of course, correct. The originally planned debut date was to have been July 15th, but last year the inaugural was pushed back a month due to delays in the shipyard.   Based on this week’s photos, it seems they possibly could have still hit that original date or very close to it. 

3 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Earlier this week on another site, CEO Barbara Muckerman posted a photo (below) of her first meal aboard the Silver Nova.

image.png.4314c48e61be155f7aaae1710446ecbd.png

If that dessert tastes half as good as it looks, it’ll be quite an upgrade over the current offerings.  Beautiful plate too!

• Like 1