What are these crystal blocks?

3 minutes ago, bucky0926 said:

Got one on my last cruise on Harmony of the Seas (the ship I was on).  Just curious, what do people do with these?

They're excellent dust collectors! Some people sell them on ebay. I got my first one last year... it's still in the box. Harmony like yours...

CrystalBlockHarmony.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

They're excellent dust collectors! Some people sell them on ebay. I got my first one last year... it's still in the box. Harmony like yours...

CrystalBlockHarmony.jpg

Hey if it fetches a good price on ebay.....

Some display them on a shelf or in a cabinet (like me), some don't care a bit about them and leave them in the box or sell them on eBay.   I have a dozen of the old style and yes, they make dusting a chore.  I'm due for another block in July.  If it's the new style I don't know if I'll continue displaying them.

Just now, Anton said:

Some display them on a shelf or in a cabinet (like me), some don't care a bit about them and leave them in the box or sell them on eBay.   I have a dozen of the old style and yes, they make dusting a chore.  I'm due for another block in July.  If it's the new style I don't know if I'll continue displaying them.

Can you show a picture of the old style one?  If not no problem.....

If I ever cruise enough to actually establish a collection, I could see displaying them. When you only have one... it's a paperweight.

The new style doesn't matter to me. The old scripty font was nicer, I guess. To each his own.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The one that was posted is the older one.  It is etched.  The new ones look like they have a colour photo of the ship in glass

Mine is a new one. Unless there's a 3rd one now? Don't the old ones have a more cursive looking font?

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Only two styles.  The crystal with the etched (yes there are minor differences in fonts) and the new colour ones

I knew the font changed when they switched manufacturers and there was a long delay for many ships (I waited like 4-5 months for my dust collector). Those color ones must have started during my hiatus from CC.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

I knew the font changed when they switched manufacturers and there was a long delay for many ships (I waited like 4-5 months for my dust collector). Those color ones must have started during my hiatus from CC.

They just rolled out in the past couple months

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If I ever cruise enough to actually establish a collection, I could see displaying them. When you only have one... it's a paperweight.

That's exactly what happened with me.  I had one block and it was sitting atop some paperwork on my desk for a few years, then I got a second block and it stayed in the box.  Then the third block showed up and I decided to start lining them up on a shelf.  I was told that Super Mario was asked if he kept his blocks and he said yes, he had every one of them, which should be somewhere well north of 100 now.

We collect the model from the Royal Shop of each ship we sail and display them on a multi shelf display, along with the Crystal block we received, our Diamond and Diamond + pins on the same shelf as the ship were we turned each, and any special momento's we might collect (duck).  Wasn't going to at 1st, and still having to rebook a couple cruises to get the model... but we really like how it turned out.  To each their own!  

• Like 2

The three version of blocks are as follows:

Original style with cursive font. 

v1

image.png.2947f849e858393d55a499457f967985.png

After Royal cancelled the block program in 2021 then brought them back due to popular demand they came out with the next generation in 2022.  This style uses all caps font. 

v2  

image.png.693e09560bb6ea6f8d04e4c568cfd5fb.png

In 2023 they announced the new color style.   

v3

image.png.342683a8cf8cfcb6e2aaeb9ef2e05af1.png

In person the new color style aren't bad.  I kind of like them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1