Free access cruise critic forum on ship wifi: Sometimes can reply and sometimes can't

fstuff1

I'm on Dawn 14 day cruise.

Some days when logged on ship wifi (not using internet minutes) on my Win10 laptop, I can reply to threads.

And other days I can't.

Anyone have the same experience?

And a fix?

Edited by fstuff1

Yes.  For some reason, my login gets disconnected periodically and I can't respond or see the roll calls.  So I have to use my paid account to logon, then logout of the WiFi and can use CC for free - for awhile.  Wash, rinse, repeat....

I have no idea why it happens.

@fstuff1 - hey, we are behind you on the Epic.  No issues between NY & Bermuda on our crossing, between BDA and Ponta Delgada, the 2nd sea day had sparodic drops & lost coverage. iCafe manager claimed it's a known local interference issue.  Between PD and Funchal, it's been 95% reliable with downloads a little slower, could be attributed to more users signed in & heavily shared bandwidth - patience & healthy, safe crossing. 

5 hours ago, julig22 said:

Yes.  For some reason, my login gets disconnected periodically and I can't respond or see the roll calls.  So I have to use my paid account to logon, then logout of the WiFi and can use CC for free - for awhile.  Wash, rinse, repeat....

I have no idea why it happens.

Ahh.. login to wifi,goto cc, then logout wifi.

Thx will try that

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

Ahh.. login to wifi, go to cc, sign into your cc account, then logout wifi. Continue posting on CC.

Fixed the amended steps for you.

Works on the Epic for us on our Epic TA.  Regards 

Edited by mking8288

1 minute ago, mawvkysc said:

Are we supposed to be able to access CC without using our Wi-Fi minutes? I never would’ve expected that?

NCL has a working relationship with CC - so yes, access to CC (as well as NCL sites) is free.

Meet & Greets are coordinated through CC as well.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to access cruisecritic through the app for free. There was a menu bar where you could access the free sites   It stayed within the app. It didn’t open up my web browser. I was able to browse the main site but had sporadic ability to access the boards.