Forward inside cabin okay for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary?

wrg

Hi all,

My oldest daughter (20yo) suffers from car sickness from time to time. Our travel agent found us forward inside cabins (Dolphin deck) on a May 2024 Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Should we be concerned about motion sickness in this location. I imagine that most of our time will be spent outside of the cabin. But, what about when it's time to nap or retire for the night?

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, wrg said:

Hi all,

My oldest daughter (20yo) suffers from car sickness from time to time. Our travel agent found us forward inside cabins (Dolphin deck) on a May 2024 Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Should we be concerned about motion sickness in this location. I imagine that most of our time will be spent outside of the cabin. But, what about when it's time to nap or retire for the night?

Thank you!

Get as close to midship and lower deck as possible.  We usually don’t have much issues with Caribbean cruises, but of course any weather can happen.

If I feel nauseous, I go midship 5 to the IC.  I also put on my seabands. (Wrist bands, you can get at pharmacies or Walmart). Helps.  Or, laying down helps me too.  YMMV

• Like 1

I have been in high deck (Lido, Sun) forward cabins multiple times and have not noticed any major motion in the Carribean. You are on a much lower deck. Rough weather can be a factor, we have always had relatively calm sailing. 

Since posting this question this morning, the travel agent has come back with Riviera deck (R411). From the deck plans online, this appears to be higher up. Is this any better?

1 minute ago, wrg said:

Since posting this question this morning, the travel agent has come back with Riviera deck (R411). From the deck plans online, this appears to be higher up. Is this any better?

No.  The higher up the cabin, the more prone to rolling.  Frankly, I agree with Buckeye; it's really not a problem unless the weather gets really wild and, if that's the case, it doesn't much matter where the cabin is located.

I agree.   Lower deck and mid-ship is best.   I always book Caribe deck 10 myself.  Keep in mind also that except for sea days you are moving mainly at night.     I also tend to get motion sick.  And like others have said it really depends on the weather and there is no predicting that.    I would opt for mid-aft if I couldn't get mid-ship.

I recognize that we are somewhat late with making reservations considering the sailing is next May. Unfortunately, there isn't much left to choose from within our budget.

Check out Plaza mid forward inside cabins (behind the Art Gallery area).  I really like this location.  Mid ship/lower deck/near all the public areas. These cabins are not on a Royal Class ship.  Not sure if you are on the Emerald or the Enchanted (Royal Class).  Availability is not showing up on Princess.com.

We have been on large ships and small ships. While neither DW or myself suffer from motion sickness we have had no issues on the lido deck forward inside cabins (that is our favorite type). We have never had any issues of feeling motion. We haven't been on any smaller ships lately, but I do remember our first cruise (late Oct.) we was on a small ship, we hit some rough waters and no mater where were it was rocking. The good thing is your choice of season is before hurricane season, You living in NC know that really doesn't mean a whole lot.