London-Copenhagen May 31

jgmc

32 minutes ago, jgmc said:

Does anyone now who the Cruise Director and Hotel Director will be on the Dawn for London to Copenhagen?

Hi, nope, not right now but I will be able to tell you once I board the ship😀......when are you sailing? I am going on that itinerary in August.

Oh I missed that.......you are going at end of the month.......so you will know who the CD and HD are before I will🙂Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Hey Cruizin we will be sailing this itinerary Lisbon to London next year. Are you on that cruise? I’d be interested to hear about your experience . Ports, excusions sea conditions, weather, if you are willing to share, Tia enjoy ! Will be boarding her in Southampton soon! Safe travels! 

On 5/5/2023 at 2:08 AM, bobolz said:

Hey Cruizin we will be sailing this itinerary Lisbon to London next year. Are you on that cruise? I’d be interested to hear about your experience . Ports, excusions sea conditions, weather, if you are willing to share, Tia enjoy ! Will be boarding her in Southampton soon! Safe travels! 

We started this Lisbon-Southampton leg on May 5th so we are pretty early in, however I can comment on sea conditions along the Atlantic coast which the captain indicates are typical with 6 to 7 foot swells that rock the ship. One port in La Caruna Spain has been cancelled due to a planned transportation strike today so we are on an unscheduled sea day as I speak.   Loved Portugal’s Douro Valley and we are looking forward to our upcoming time in Bordeaux.  The Dawn is a lovely ship that gracefully glides into its ports as passengers on the other ginormous cruise lines look at us with envy as we pass them by. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 11:08 PM, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

We started this Lisbon-Southampton leg on May 5th so we are pretty early in, however I can comment on sea conditions along the Atlantic coast which the captain indicates are typical with 6 to 7 foot swells that rock the ship. One port in La Caruna Spain has been cancelled due to a planned transportation strike today so we are on an unscheduled sea day as I speak.   Loved Portugal’s Douro Valley and we are looking forward to our upcoming time in Bordeaux.  The Dawn is a lovely ship that gracefully glides into its ports as passengers on the other ginormous cruise lines look at us with envy as we pass them by. 

How has the entertainment been?  We board in SH may 31.  Used to live in Boerne and Stone Oak.

Silversea’s onboard entertainment is not for everyone.  Some really like the shows while others avoid them.  The Voices of Silversea are still performing the shows which are a mix of broadway show tunes, a Queen/Freddie Mercury tribute, disco night, etc.  For this current segment though, they are featuring the comedian Mark Palmer who will do his second show tonight and surprisingly, it’s not a repeat of the first show.  The soprano and tenor from the Voices troupe are very talented but the others are just ok.  They also have a classical pianist onboard from the Ukraine whose talents are being wasted playing the usual set program in the Dolce Vita lounge.  They featured her in one of the classical pre-dinner shows that also included the Voices soprano and tenor but would have loved to see her do a show on her own.   

• Thanks 1

A word of warning for those boarding the Dawn on May 31.  The deck overhead heaters have been out the entire time we’ve been onboard.  It wasn’t so bad while we were in the Mediterranean, but now that we are in Northern Europe, it’s no longer possible to eat outside.  Yes they offer you a blanket but it’s not sufficient.  We’ve been told it’s an issue they are trying to deal with by filing a warranty claim, but many guests have complained and told them to just fix it.  

1 hour ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:We’ve been told it’s an issue they are trying to deal with by filing a warranty claim, but many guests have complained and told them to just fix it.  

Argos are notoriously bad at getting back to you these days. Seriously though, what a ridiculous excuse. How cheap must a company be to leave things like this broken instead of just fixing/replacing them and worry about the warranty later? 

4 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Argos are notoriously bad at getting back to you these days. Seriously though, what a ridiculous excuse. How cheap must a company be to leave things like this broken instead of just fixing/replacing them and worry about the warranty later? 

Anyone would think that this was New Crystal 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

A word of warning for those boarding the Dawn on May 31.  The deck overhead heaters have been out the entire time we’ve been onboard.  It wasn’t so bad while we were in the Mediterranean, but now that we are in Northern Europe, it’s no longer possible to eat outside.  Yes they offer you a blanket but it’s not sufficient.  We’ve been told it’s an issue they are trying to deal with by filing a warranty claim, but many guests have complained and told them to just fix it.  

Ouch. That's a shame. I'm boarding June 14th heading up to Nordkapp and love to eat outside ... I guess I may have to rethink that.

9 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Oh my! that will be a big issue for DW.  She doesn't like the cold (hence will live in Belize most of the year)  

guess the dress code will be a parka at the grill and la terazza!

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 12:06 PM, Lonedaddy said:

Oh my! that will be a big issue for DW.  She doesn't like the cold (hence will live in Belize most of the year)  

guess the dress code will be a parka at the grill and la terazza!

I really hope they fix this. It would be a shame if they were not working and it limited our enjoyment out on the decks.

On 5/23/2023 at 8:52 AM, Daveywavey70 said:

Sounds like a lame excuse to me.

I can understand if one of the heaters stops working - but all of them! That's a wiring issue.

Maybe they are wanting the Fincantieri shipbuilders on a call out from Ancona?

Please see my Silver Dawn Report on another Page. No the heaters were not working throughout our 14 day Round Britain Cruise and we were told they would be replaced in Southampton yesterday but apparently not. In my opinionthey need to come clean with Guests and shut The Grill as it is very uncomfortable ( no mention is made before sitting down ??? ).

Foe new Ship such a long malfunction is worrying - Also see my comment on In Suite Showers.