Table for Two questions

Right now I am reserved for second seating.  We usually ask onboard for a table for two.   I guess I could ask the Neptune concierge to arrange that.  (??) BUT considering anytime dining for the first time ever.   Is it easy enough to get get a table alone with anytime dining? 

48 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Right now I am reserved for second seating.  We usually ask onboard for a table for two.   I guess I could ask the Neptune concierge to arrange that.  (??) BUT considering anytime dining for the first time ever.   Is it easy enough to get get a table alone with anytime dining? 

Wouldn't hurt to ask the concierge.

Table for two is always interesting, as you are really close to the next table for two.  I dunno, sometimes I talk to the other people but sometimes I get the feeling that I should just be very quiet. Fun for me after a glass of wine or two lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, albingirl said:

Table for two is always interesting, as you are really close to the next table for two.  

Not always. There are many places for a table for two. Your description sounds like the tables near the window. However, there are, for example, usually tables for two along the center railing or elevated area (depending on the ship), or on the elevated area itself (again, depending on the style of MDRs in the various ships). We have quite struggling to get the window seats, and enjoy people watching form the other tables for two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They really like to dissuade you in my experience.  Just stand your ground and you’ll be fine.  Let the concierge do any reservations.  I was foolish and tried to do this myself because I’m dead set against people doing things for me when I can do it.  The dude on the phone told me there were only 2 seatings in open and my only option was 5 or 8.  Also told me if I didn’t want to sit with others it could be a long wait.  I gave up and walked over to the lounge and it was done 10:seconds later.  She told me to just deal with her going forward. 

2 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

We are trying late dining for the first time on our upcoming Caribbean cruise.  We always, in the past, did anytime.  If we don’t like it we will ask the concierge to change it for us.  As much as we don’t like bothering the Neptune concierge sometimes it’s just easier.  

I think the first night for anytime dining can be a zoo depending on what time you go.  But like others have said you can go to the dining room in the Club Orange line and usually get what you ask for. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We are trying late dining for the first time on our upcoming Caribbean cruise.  We always, in the past, did anytime.  If we don’t like it we will ask the concierge to change it for us.  As much as we don’t like bothering the Neptune concierge sometimes it’s just easier.  

I think the first night for anytime dining can be a zoo depending on what time you go.  But like others have said you can go to the dining room in the Club Orange line and usually get what you ask for. 

It’s always terrible the first night in my experience.  I now make a point of eating my first and last meal in a specialty.  It feels more special to me too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It’s always terrible the first night in my experience.  I now make a point of eating my first and last meal in a specialty.  It feels more special to me too.

Totally agree!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

What ship?  That can make a difference. For MDR and Club Orange. 

Zuiderdam.  So only the MDR.  Is there a Club orange line for entering?  Neptune is supposed to have those benefits so we go there if we switch?

I tried to get Pinacle for the first night but it doesn’t appear open.  I tried the day reservations opened.  First was day two 

Actually really odd thing on the specialty dining.  Just went to see if Canaletto was open the first night.  Nope.  Nothing at either first night.  Then look at options….it is available for the disembarkation city the day trip ends.  They have the dates wrong on the HAL website! 

8 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Actually really odd thing on the specialty dining.  Just went to see if Canaletto was open the first night.  Nope.  Nothing at either first night.  Then look at options….it is available for the disembarkation city the day trip ends.  They have the dates wrong on the HAL website! 

That's odd. I know it didn't seem to let me use my hia promo for first and last nights but thats odd about the dates.

9 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That's odd. I know it didn't seem to let me use my hia promo for first and last nights but thats odd about the dates.

See if the dates are wrong on your trip as well.  I double checked cruise dates on the confirmation thinking oh crap…..My flights are wrong.  Nope. It’s only dining that is off by a day.  

Oiy. HAL IT strikes again. 
There should be Club Orange for suites. You should have zero trouble getting 2top. 

The only time we had trouble getting a 2-top was on Amsterdam (R class like Volendam and Zaandam). We were on a 48 night S Pacific that was running prior to World Cruise. Lots of high star guests, we were only 3stars, turned 4 stars on that cruise. Anytime diners with a lot more clout than us reserved all the 2tops. We got seated very late, mostly dining around 8:30 unless we agreed to sharing. It was awkward and we talked to the MDR manager and the Hotel manager. They cater to their elites. But with a suite and Club Orange you should have no issues!  Have a great cruise on Zuiderdam! 
m—

8 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

See if the dates are wrong on your trip as well.  I double checked cruise dates on the confirmation thinking oh crap…..My flights are wrong.  Nope. It’s only dining that is off by a day.  

The dates I get on the ship and is off is correct.  Don’t know if the ports have switched.