New to Regent

New on Regent... In the last 12 years we have been on Royal, Celebrity, Azamara and NCL. We will be doing a 8 day cruise on Splendor in cataegory H.

Looks really nice. Whats the differences compared to Azamara? We like good wines (and food) and wonder what the selections of wines are. Would much appreciate if someone could share a vine list! Thanks in advance!

We did three Azamara cruises before the pandemic.  It also was before RCCL sold them off.  While we liked Azamara, what we love about Regent is that everything is included and the crew are friendly and attentive.  If your first Regent cruise is on the Splendor then you are starting with what we consider the "best".  It is the newest ship, until Grandeur sails in November and the most luxurious.  No matter what level suite you are in you will feel comfortable and pampered.  The food at all five of the restaurants is outstanding, though we favor Compass Rose because of its variety and ability to customize your meal to your liking.  If you ask 24 hours ahead, they will even make you a dish that is not on the menu.  The included wines have always been satisfactory for us.  If you get to know the Somelier, they will find wines that are to your liking and expectations.

• Like 2

Thanks for information!

We don't know which cabin we will be in, only that it's a category H veranda. Have been looking for reviews for that category but havn't found any.

Can see that it's only 12 of them and wonder if there is someone that have been in this category and can tell us what they are like? Most of them are in deck 6 just above the lifeboats and I wonder how obstructed the view is? 

Thanks in advance!

It will depend on what size cabin you are use to with Azamara.

I can't find the size of a Azamara Veranda cabin but the H category is 218 Sq ft, and there is not a walk in closet.

We stayed in a category G on the Explorer and notice the difference in size, but mainly because the table in the sitting area was low and had a "cage" around it instead of  one center leg.  While a small thing, it really affected how we sat and used the table.  But we still had a great time on the cruise.

We have stayed in an Azamara Veranda and did notice the smallness of it, we still had a good time.  Our next Azamara cruise was a Club Continent which was just right for us.

I do not remember seeing any reviews on Cat H from either Explorer or Splendor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

In the threads at the top of this board is one that has reviews of various cabins in the different ships.  There is not one there yet for Cat H.

Must remember to add that after the cruise 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, annapolitan369 said:

They will usually have a wine tasting of all the no-charge wines early in the cruise.  Worth attending so you can know what to ask for.

I second this. They will give you a list of the wines that are being served/featured that cruise.    I like dry European white wines and they had several to try.    During the cruise, if the evening's selection was not to my taste, I requested one of the ones from the list that I did enjoy.  Well worth the time.  

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 5:30 PM, sollan said:

New on Regent... In the last 12 years we have been on Royal, Celebrity, Azamara and NCL. We will be doing a 8 day cruise on Splendor in cataegory H.

Looks really nice. Whats the differences compared to Azamara? We like good wines (and food) and wonder what the selections of wines are. Would much appreciate if someone could share a vine list! Thanks in advance!

I was in a category H suite on Mariner in November last year for the Los Angeles to Lima repositioning cruise. Let’s see if I can post this video of my suite.

21 hours ago, sollan said:

Can see that it's only 12 of them and wonder if there is someone that have been in this category and can tell us what they are like? Most of them are in deck 6 just above the lifeboats and I wonder how obstructed the view is? 

Don't know how we missed them, but we can only find eight cabins in that category.  Regardless, if you Google photos of the Regent Splendor and enlarge them you will see it appears the lifeboats are tucked in to the sides of the ship so they do not hang out and obstruct views.

10 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I was in a category H suite on Mariner in November last year for the Los Angeles to Lima repositioning cruise. Let’s see if I can post this video of my suite.

D39DE2B6-A7BD-4C9D-A94A-8E00DB1E2DFB.MOV

That .MOV file is big, but downloaded perfectly and played nicely.  Thanks for sharing your un-edited, un-Photoshopped view of your suite.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, briar14 said:

I believe an H suite on Mariner is quite different from an H suite on the Explorer class ships.

Yes the Mariner H is bigger the same size as all suites on the Mariner up to pent house. 
We stayed in a G on the Splendor. The H and G are the same I think, Sqft 219 plus veranda but the H doesn’t have a walk-in closet. Our G was a bit tight but worth it to us for the aft view.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 1:55 AM, sollan said:

Thanks for information!

We don't know which cabin we will be in, only that it's a category H veranda. Have been looking for reviews for that category but havn't found any.

Thanks in advance!

If you have an H GTY, you might get an upgrade.  No, I haven't seen those (smaller) cabins myself, but they are probably about the same size as a standard balcony cabin on Azamara.

Outside of your (very nice) small cabin, Splendor is a simply glorious ship.  Wonderful service, great food, bars everywhere, what's not to like?  We did do one Azamara trip and really enjoyed it, mainly because of the friendly attitude onboard (andwe did it in a Club Continent Suite, but saw the standard balcony cabin and thought it was adequate.  I think you'll be happy with Regent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cwn said:

Yes the Mariner H is bigger the same size as all suites on the Mariner up to pent house. 
We stayed in a G on the Splendor. The H and G are the same I think, Sqft 219 plus veranda but the H doesn’t have a walk-in closet. Our G was a bit tight but worth it to us for the aft view.

The H is 219 sf.  The Gs are 253 sf.

4 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

The H is 219 sf.  The Gs are 253 sf.

Ok thanks, I didn’t remember but since the Hs don’t have a nice walk-in closet on the two new ships that will be most of the difference. The Gs are the same size as the Mariners H-D (as I remember) which is fine for us and all Regent suites are very nicely done.

The cabin on our first cruise was 110 sf 45 years ago and we thought we were in heaven!

• Like 1