"See you soon" mailshot

majortom10

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But we all know that P&O customer service are notoriously poorly trained, and you cant always trust them to give you accurate information. Try again and hope to get someone better trained.

The same principle works for TA's. Sometimes you just know that you are on a hiding to nothing. 

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But we all know that P&O customer service are notoriously poorly trained, and you cant always trust them to give you accurate information. Try again and hope to get someone better trained.

I cannot speak to them only my TA and up to now they have been useless.

41 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I cannot speak to them only my TA and up to now they have been useless.

If it's a general enquiry not requiring changes or purchases I've found the P&O administration quite helpful.  I just ignore the if you've booked with a T/A stuff and let it get answered by whoever. I've never once been refused if it's something like a query on administrative stuff such as P&O offers etc.  Of course they won't deal with changes to bookings etc but they're normally pretty helpful about something they've sent you direct.  Surely worth a try.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Anyone recently returned from a cruise and had the "see you soon" mailshot on there return home offering £100 OBC if they book another cruise. We received one on our return from Iona saying if we book by 31st May we would get it. Have since booked a balcony cabin on Arvia but now P&O have now said I cannot have the OBC. My TA, the one used by many on here, has been very poor in fact they have been totally useless and the person spoke to yesterday was very rude. We have 8 cruises booked with them and have booked dozens in the past and not very happy. Will be seriously consider using a different TA for future cruises. Their prices have not been as competitive as in the past with only 2% extra discount and their customer service has certainly declined.

I got the email this afternoon. Only difference that I would have to book by 30 June.  That’s not going to happen! In fact, I’m cancelling our next cruise before the final balance is due. 

I think that everyone competing a cruise receives one to encourage a rebooking, they all have 3 months validity. Mine was from December to use by 31 March.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I think that everyone competing a cruise receives one to encourage a rebooking, they all have 3 months validity. Mine was from December to use by 31 March.

Or that is what it supposed to be but what is point of sending them out if P&O refuse to give the £100 OBC even when booking a 14 nt Select holiday in a balcony before the expiry date.

31 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Or that is what it supposed to be but what is point of sending them out if P&O refuse to give the £100 OBC even when booking a 14 nt Select holiday in a balcony before the expiry date.

I can only think it was not meant to be applied to the new 2025 cruises. 

We have had ‘fun’ today booking with a stablemate of P&O. We were booking direct. We changed our mind about one aspect of ‘the offer’ and spent 2-3 hours with second row customer service (ie already booked as opposed to new booking.) My point is, that when we got through to someone who could help they informed us that bookings can be cancelled free of charge within 24 h of booking. We cancelled, got deposit refunded and rebooked with our preferred offer conditions. I don’t know if the same condition works with travel agent booked cruises but if so it could offer a way out & start afresh direct for the offer. 

Edited by Ranchi
additional detail.

12 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I can only think it was not meant to be applied to the new 2025 cruises. 

P&O confirmed that if I booked a 2025 Select holiday after they went on sale and before 31st May that the £100 OBC would be applicable. I then went ahead and booked via my TA when they went on sale and now P&O have refused to add it and giving no reason other than its not applicable.

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

P&O confirmed that if I booked a 2025 Select holiday after they went on sale and before 31st May that the £100 OBC would be applicable. I then went ahead and booked via my TA when they went on sale and now P&O have refused to add it and giving no reason other than its not applicable.

Does the email not mention it is automatically applied but you'll only see it once onboard?  I recall seeing that on my email.  There was no code or anything to input to a booking, simply that it goes on your account and automatically applied.  The only reason I discussed it was I wanted to check which cruise would be eligible and was told any new booking select fare of over a certain amount of days.  I understood it could only be used once so assume it will be on my first booked cruise made after December.

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Does the email not mention it is automatically applied but you'll only see it once onboard?  I recall seeing that on my email.  There was no code or anything to input to a booking, simply that it goes on your account and automatically applied.  The only reason I discussed it was I wanted to check which cruise would be eligible and was told any new booking select fare of over a certain amount of days.  I understood it could only be used once so assume it will be on my first booked cruise made after December.

No because I didn't receive the mailshot by e mail it was physically sent through the post. Does not mention anything about it being automatically applied just quote a number which was my Peninsular Club number. When there was no information on my confirmation for the cruise I contacted my TA. They contacted P&O and they confirmed it had not been added but did not give a reason why.

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

It states on the paper mailshot I have received that as long as a Select booking, over 8 days and seaview cabin or higher and can be used as many times as you want as long as they are all new bookings and booked before expiry date. My cruise adhered to all these conditions but was refused.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

My email states: 

You can use your exclusive offer on as many P&O Cruises holidays as you’d like, as long as you book by 30 June 2023. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 8:41 PM, Ardennais said:

They’re sending promotional emails, but what about a feedback questionnaire? 

I didn't get one after either of our last 2 cruises (which were the only ones we have taken since the start of the pandemic).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Confused.com said:

Just got reply from P&O about why we've not had a £100 OBC email voucher. It's because we chose to opt out of all communications when we first booked our cruise mid last year.

That makes sense. More to the point it does confirm the offer exists and Majortom should be able to use it.

My offer was clearly in a different form as it was an email.not a physical letter.  I'm assuming the offer has been updated/changed as mine was from a December cruise, hence use by 31 March. The theme seems to be give you 3 months to book.a new cruise/cruises but if they aren't allowing it to be added not much use.

I got the offer on a postcard after a recent Iona cruise.  A few days ago I booked a Select 16-night mini-suite cruise on Arcadia in 2025 and was surprised to get £100 OBC with the parking option, rather than the advertised zero OBC.  I'd forgotten the See You Again offer but I assume that's the reason.  All I did was book with my Peninsular Club number and the OBC appeared as if by magic.

On 5/3/2023 at 8:41 PM, Ardennais said:

They’re sending promotional emails, but what about a feedback questionnaire? 

I have done 12 cruises post covid and not received a questionnaire for any of them. Maybe because I am a regular customer so obviously satisfied (which on the whole I am)! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

I have done 12 cruises post covid and not received a questionnaire for any of them. Maybe because I am a regular customer so obviously satisfied (which on the whole I am)! 

I’m a fairly regular customer too, not as many as you though. Still it would be good to provide feedback, otherwise how are things going to improve? 

I always try to be fair when reviewing anything. I would praise many aspects of our recent cruise, but would also draw attention to the less than satisfactory elements. 

• Like 4

I’ve looked back at the E-mail I received early March this year offering extra OBC if I book “an applicable select fare by 5th June”. Further down the E-mail there is a link to “search all holidays in this offer”. When I click on this link it seems to cover all cruises up to the beginning of April 2025- so excluding the cruises which have just been released. I guess a physical mail shot wouldn’t have that clarification.

1 minute ago, Spike11 said:

I’ve looked back at the E-mail I received early March this year offering extra OBC if I book “an applicable select fare by 5th June”. Further down the E-mail there is a link to “search all holidays in this offer”. When I click on this link it seems to cover all cruises up to the beginning of April 2025- so excluding the cruises which have just been released. I guess a physical mail shot wouldn’t have that clarification.

Also since brochure launch already has reduced price offers, then that could be why the extra OBC does not apply.

• Like 1