The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 3rd, 2023

Late checking in again!  Am so happy to read some nice encouraging health news.  I wasn't upset over the re-schedule of my surgery.  Doctor was called away from the afternoon surgeries due to an emergency.  Sorry I neglected to add in that piece of information.

Got in a good nap this afternoon, as I hadn't slept that well last night.

Good night everyone!  

Mary Kay

• Like 11

How thrilling we have such good news tonight!   @Vict0riann Jumping for joy that Pat's scans were negative.  Onward!  Now, I hope that headache goes away.    @RMLincoln great news about your DH's eyes.  I, too, hope the surgery can get moved up.  @St Pete Cruiser Very happy for you that you have been released from the hospital.  I hope each day gets better and better.  @CrabbyPatti That is a good report on your dad.  I understand where you are with his care.  I was the primary caregiver for my mom in Hospice.  Bless  you!  I'm hoping that @kazu Jacqui and @cunnorl Charlene can add to the good news.  

@cruzn single Mary Kay, all the anticipation and anxiety about the surgery has to occur again.  Darn!  But the timing on Friday will certainly be better than today's time.  We'll keep you in our thoughts.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Dixie

I use GEICO. 

Progressive.  Florida has some of the highest auto and property insurance rates in the country, another failure by our governor and legislature.  Oops, not so mention that here.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Tony, thank you for your pictures from Ketchikan.  In all our visits there, we've never visited the church.  We'll have to stop there the next time we're in Ketchikan.

Lenda, and @StLouisCruisers, you can’t see it in the pictures but the building was built from red cedar without any nails. The native people did the carpentry work and all of the ornate carvings. Most of the stained glass windows were made in Seattle and are dedicated to the glory of God in memory of various members who have passed.

St. John’s Episcopal Church is one of 26 churches in Ketchikan. The original town charter states that there shall never be more bars than churches, and that stands today.

22DEA297-7D6F-48A3-9A45-3486EC612AF6.thumb.jpeg.d2116e1de970aae5698faeaca2c27e9e.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Lenda, and @StLouisCruisers, you can’t see it in the pictures but the building was built from red cedar without any nails. The native people did the carpentry work and all of the ornate carvings. Most of the stained glass windows were made in Seattle and are dedicated to the glory of God in memory of various members who have passed.

St. John’s Episcopal Church is one of 26 churches in Ketchikan. The original town charter states that there shall never be more bars than churches, and that stands today.

22DEA297-7D6F-48A3-9A45-3486EC612AF6.thumb.jpeg.d2116e1de970aae5698faeaca2c27e9e.jpeg

Thanks for that fact, Tony.  Amazing they could build the church without nails!

• Like 1