Live from Sky Princess 6 May

Eglesbrech

On 5/4/2023 at 6:21 AM, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Hi,

Also following along with interest as we are on a Norway Cruise on Sky in August 😃

have a wonderful time. I’ve never sailed with Princess before so I’m excited to read whatever you share 

Leanne

We are on the Sky August 12 - 19 to Norway.  Will we be sailing with you?  My second cruise on Sky.  Beautiful ship.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

Just back myself. Nice break overall, and we met some fantastic people who we'll hope to catch up with again. 

Good:

- inside cabin, big space for hanging clothes with plenty of hangers, small but well laid out bathroom, nice space each side of bed, tv with decent enough live/movie/show selection

- MDR only went in twice, but seated and served quickly, decent choice and food

- some great, fun staff who joined in with our mad tribe

- enjoyable comedian (only saw first one), a ventriloquist, and Spotlight Bar production show

Not as good:

- as mentioned elsewhere, trying to get a seat in venues was quite often impossible (as bad as our experience on RC), so we missed out on a few things we'd have joined in with

- service for drinks was slow at bars, almost non-existent out on deck (except from our lads out the back) 

First Princess. Our best cruise experience. No. Put off? No, we just enjoy being away 🙂 Would we go Princess again? Sure. 

Interested to know what time you were able to find bar seats?

Just now, Devoncruiser82 said:

We are just off this one too. We got seats in Vines when wanted, Take 5 most nights after dinner and the Mix and Wakeview bars never had a wait when we were there. Ordering from the app was slow though, if it ever showed up. Admittedly when there was any 'events' on in the piazza we watched from 6 or 7

Queued the first night for Estrella, but then our waiter suggested we ask the hostess to book the same one each night, we did and never queued again as we would be seen and just told it was ready.

Overall cannot complain about the ship, the staff were all excellent as was the food, however, the location of The Catch is terrible. We were sat, but then there was no chance of a conversation due to the noise from the piazza, so we were moved to Crown Grill instead. It was handled well but we won't chose to dine there again unless it's closed off some how.

I agree about the location, it must feel very exposed to the piazza and walkers by and not at all cosy. We’re there many using it as I bet it would be more useful as a seating area?

1 minute ago, Nicole&Pete said:

I agree about the location, it must feel very exposed to the piazza and walkers by and not at all cosy. We’re there many using it as I bet it would be more useful as a seating area?

It wasn't full at 1930 on the Thursday where as Crown Grill (when we moved) and Sabatinis the night before were. They did try and block off the end nearest the fwd with plant containers but made no visible effort to stop people walking through. 

It's a shame as concept seems sound and the menu looked good.

Just now, Devoncruiser82 said:

It wasn't full at 1930 on the Thursday where as Crown Grill (when we moved) and Sabatinis the night before were. They did try and block off the end nearest the fwd with plant containers but made no visible effort to stop people walking through. 

It's a shame as concept seems sound and the menu looked good.

We were on the Sky when it was La Mer and we could walk right by the tables, which would feel fine as a casual dining venue or lounge area but not as a restaurant. The fact they put tables right up to the railing did not help this, as people needed to walk by to get to the elevators.

It was not busy at all and I bet this was the reason why. Princess have obviously assumed it was the type of restaurant rather than the location and rebranded it but I bet it still will not be that popular meaning it’s a waste of space where it is, when seating is needed in it’s place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nini said:

Thank you so much, @Eglesbrech for your hanging out with us while on your journey.

Is there a main dining room that you prefer, and why?

We preferred the restaurants mid ships. The Ceilo at the back seemed a bit more dingy to me and it definitely had more movement than the other two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

We preferred the restaurants mid ships. The Ceilo at the back seemed a bit more dingy to me and it definitely had more movement than the other two.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hi I don’t know if you happened to peer into the sanctuary at all during your time onboard, I’m just wondering if they have made my changes?

I haven’t been in it before so I could not comment on any changes, sorry.

On 5/13/2023 at 11:23 PM, TenneSea said:

We are on the Sky August 12 - 19 to Norway.  Will we be sailing with you?  My second cruise on Sky.  Beautiful ship.

Hi,

I’m on the ship the 14 night sailing directly after you. I would have absolutely loved to be sailing on the week before as a b2b too as it would have been over our 15th wedding anniversary.

But I can’t wait for our trip & I am lucky to be away for a fortnight so I should stop moaning 😂 

will you be reviewing your trip, or even doing a “live from” on cruise critic? I’d absolutely love to follow your trip

Have you been to Norway before?

this is my first trip to Norway, and 1st Princess cruise 😃

Leanne 

On 5/20/2023 at 4:06 AM, Eglesbrech said:

No, just my lousy IT skills 😀

Anyone currently on Sky, how about some pictures of current bar menus with pricing, cocktails, whiskeys etc. hope you’re having a great trip.

• Like 1

JG&Lcruisingnewbies  -I'm thinking of doing a live from when we sail.  Never been to Norway (my husband's ancestral country) and after the cruise we will be touring England (my ancestry) for 2 weeks.  I'm a little aprehensive about the driving around England but I guess we'll manage.  If I do the live, I will let you know !  It's getting real now !!!

• Like 1

Hi - we are heading out on the Sky in December - which of the dining rooms should we pick? any recommendations?  Also - what is a good time to eat if you want to catch a show afterwards? Thanks!

38 minutes ago, desiro said:

Hi - we are heading out on the Sky in December - which of the dining rooms should we pick? any recommendations?  Also - what is a good time to eat if you want to catch a show afterwards? Thanks!

If its a busy ship then half 5!! Otherwise you won't get a seat anywhere. We always went at half 5 then straight to princess live for the trivia and game shows. Any later you really struggle for seats.

The dining rooms are all the same really, we favoured estrella but we just booked wherever is free.

You can always change your dining time and restaurant on the day if you want and if there is space

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scarey92 said:

If its a busy ship then half 5!! Otherwise you won't get a seat anywhere. We always went at half 5 then straight to princess live for the trivia and game shows. Any later you really struggle for seats.

The dining rooms are all the same really, we favoured estrella but we just booked wherever is free.

You can always change your dining time and restaurant on the day if you want and if there is space

Thank you for the information. I also tried to book a specialty restaurant on the App and didn’t see the Crown Grill as an option on there… 

We are booked on Sky Princess later this summer. It’s our first trip on Princess. I was thinking of taking a light-weight, dark blue suit instead of a DJ for formal nights and if I fancy a jacket to wear with chinos for informal the the suit jacket would do. Would that seem reasonable? I guess I’m asking would it look out of place?

9 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

We are booked on Sky Princess later this summer. It’s our first trip on Princess. I was thinking of taking a light-weight, dark blue suit instead of a DJ for formal nights and if I fancy a jacket to wear with chinos for informal the the suit jacket would do. Would that seem reasonable? I guess I’m asking would it look out of place?

That will work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1