Live from Sky Princess 6 May

Eglesbrech

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for taking the time to do a Live From. Looking forward to following along and Bon Voyage!"

Eglesbrech was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Well we are all packed and starting the long journey South this morning for sailing on Saturday.

This has been a bit of a strange cruise as when we booked this it was a standard cruise outwith school holidays, there was no Coronation bank holiday or refit. The additional bank holiday means the ship has been fully booked for a while so will inevitably be very busy, let’s hope they have it adequately staffed for the number of passengers. The refit is an unknown quantity. Sur La Mer has gone but we can’t as yet book the new restaurant.

On another forum there are a number of people who seem to have received last minute emails with a fairly generous offer to move off this cruise and we are only 2 days from sailing. So hypothesising Princess have either overbooked and now need volunteers to be bumped or some cabins are out of commission perhaps because of the refit. From the comments I have seen there are no takers for the offer so far as people have paid for hotels and other travel arrangements, some from the USA are already in or on the way to the U.K. . It will be interesting to see how this issue is resolved, someone out there will no doubt accept the offer, hopefully. Has anyone experienced this before, what happens if no one is prepared to take a paid bump?

Anyway I am looking forward to being back on Sky Princess and will report on the refit changes once onboard. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There will be no fewer cabins due to a "refit" in dry dock. Restaurant venues were changed. Bistro Sur La Mer is gone and Sabatini's has moved there. "The Catch" will be where Sabatini's was.

I adore Scotland! At least your journey to the port is thousands of miles less than ours.

Have a lovely time on the Sky! we board the Sky in June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eglesbrech … Have a safe journey down and a wonderful cruise.  My husband and I will be following along and eager to read any feedback you have time to post as we will be boarding in just over four weeks time.  
Enjoy your holiday.     Bon voyage !!🥂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nini said:

There will be no fewer cabins due to a "refit" in dry dock

There will be if there are contractors still onboard.

1 hour ago, nini said:

Bistro Sur La Mer is gone and Sabatini's has moved there. "The Catch" will be where Sabatini's was.

Are you sure about that? I have a reservation for The Catch on the following cruise and it says that it is on deck 7 and my Sabatini's reservation is on deck 5 (it could, of course, be that the IT has not been updated)

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sur La Mer has gone but we can’t as yet book the new restaurant

No problem booking The Catch for the following cruise!

13 minutes ago, david63 said:

Are you sure about that? I have a reservation for The Catch on the following cruise and it says that it is on deck 7 and my Sabatini's reservation is on deck 5 (it could, of course, be that the IT has not been updated)

Yes, definitely, according to Princess, as they want to give deck 7 an Italian "vibe" by having both Italian restaurants onnthe same deck. 

5 minutes ago, emmak8 said:

Looking forward to following your cruise. I will be joining the Sky in June. Please report how the internet is behaving. 

To be fair, it very much depends on the geographic location of the ship, so a report is only valid if your cruise is the same as the May 6th cruise.

• Like 1

Hi Eglesbrech, I was able to book the catch restaurant on the planner last week when you book your dining room preference.

I will be following along as I’m on beginning of June .

Have a safe journey down from Scotland and have a wonderful cruise, enjoy & relax.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be fair, it very much depends on the geographic location of the ship, so a report is only valid if your cruise is the same as the May 6th cruise.

Mines Iceland & Norway wowzz

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Will do. I’ll be looking tomorrow to make sure she leaves dry dock on time.

We will be on in July, so am very interested in how the Sky is post dry dock.

Cheers

12 hours ago, david63 said:

There will be if there are contractors still onboard.

No problem booking The Catch for the following cruise!

Thank you so much for your comments! I have reported here what I have read from other CC posters who have received this information.

As of now, I am able to book The Catch on my app.

I hope you find your way.

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes, definitely, according to Princess, as they want to give deck 7 an Italian "vibe" by having both Italian restaurants onnthe same deck. 

@wowzz Thank you for the back up.