NCL Starbucks mugs, is this a thing?

Perhaps a scoop, perhaps not, I dusted off my NCL-interweb-O-sleuth-machine and found this: official NCL Starbucks ship mugs, more practical than the pins for most of us I guess. :classic_smile:

I haven't set foot on a NCL ship in years (a moment of silence please...:classic_ninja:) so please don't flame me if this was already posted. :classic_biggrin:

NCL_StarbucksMug_GROUP_SUN_25.jpg

NCL_StarbucksMug_ENCORE_BACK_05.jpg

NCL_StarbucksMug_ENCORE_COFFEE_12.jpg

NCL_StarbucksMug_BOXES_A_12.jpg

• Like 7

This would be awesome.  I always look for a coffee mug at the first place we stop at so I can have a larger coffee cup than the one they offer in the cabin.  This would work.  I already collect Starbucks mugs so it would be a win win if this is really offered

Oooooooh!  I sure hope that they do this!!  I have a HUGE collection (over 50) of states, countries, and cities of where I have been.  Love collecting them, but totally clueless as to what I am going to do with all of them!  It's fun to collect them.  I always scope out the Starbucks on the ships in hopes that they have ship mugs!  I'll look for them on my next cruise!

5 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

I dusted off my NCL-interweb-O-sleuth-machine and found this...

where did you find these images? 

none come up on image searches through tineye or google. and the press release for the expanded NCL/starbucks partnership does not mention the availability of this merchandise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 4:52 PM, UKstages said:

where did you find these images? 

none come up on image searches through tineye or google. and the press release for the expanded NCL/starbucks partnership does not mention the availability of this merchandise.

Somewhere online. :classic_happy:

NCL are you listening? Whether Starbucks branded or not...why not do something similar? Ship Name and at least some ports would be very cool and a big seller I think. With Starbucks also even moreso.

• 1 month later...

they have a getaway mug, but no breakaway? what is one to make of that?

the prima mug reportedly has dynamic images of people standing in the indulge food hall and the buffet, as well as a couple wide awake in bed trying to figure out what is rattling inside their cabin walls. there’s also a beautiful scene of isafjordur to remind guests of all the missed ports and an image of a solo violinist to represent the many entertainment options onboard.

• Haha 4

On 5/4/2023 at 4:08 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

NCL Starbucks mugs, is this a thing?

Not for me. Never cared much for Starbucks. But that wouldn't really matter anyway. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, and I always use my insulated travel mug. However, I have two full shelves in the kitchen cabinets full of ceramic coffee cups stacked on top of each other. When you spend a career in the military, you get 'presented' with coffee cups all the time, and both of us had military careers. Beyond that, even though she drinks tea or hot chocolate maybe two or three times a year, the wife still can't resist buying souvenir coffee cups when we go places. So, please, NO MORE coffee cups! 😄

starbucks’ “been there” series of collectible mugs emphasizes cities and the starbucks brand takes a back seat in positioning. same thing here… the ship is the star and the starbucks brand is secondary.

I am not a big Starbucks fan but I actually collect the mugs when I travel.  Originally I was buying them for my daughter because she collects them but then I started to buy two every where I went. 

I was excited to see this until I found out that they will not be selling the mugs for the Escape which I will be on in September.  My husband, however will be happy because every time I buy one he says we don't need another coffee mug, which is true since I am running out of room to store them.  

On 5/4/2023 at 5:08 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

Perhaps a scoop, perhaps not, I dusted off my NCL-interweb-O-sleuth-machine and found this: official NCL Starbucks ship mugs, more practical than the pins for most of us I guess. :classic_smile:

I haven't set foot on a NCL ship in years (a moment of silence please...:classic_ninja:) so please don't flame me if this was already posted. :classic_biggrin:

NCL_StarbucksMug_GROUP_SUN_25.jpg

NCL_StarbucksMug_ENCORE_BACK_05.jpg

NCL_StarbucksMug_ENCORE_COFFEE_12.jpg

NCL_StarbucksMug_BOXES_A_12.jpg

I don't like starbucks coffee but I love these mugs for soup. I don't see  breakaway one, maybe they'll have one by the time I sail in Feb.

My wife is the Starbuck drinker.  She doesn't collect the mugs, but she has a couple of friends that we usually get them for (space/weight permitting) when we travel overseas.  Not sure if they'd be interested in these, but I might for the office (especially since I can't get a "ship on a stick" on NCL!)

On 5/26/2023 at 8:01 AM, crazycatlady82 said:

Personally, I am disappointed in NCL's mugs. Carnival's vessel series mugs are very similar to Starbucks. (I collect Starbucks mugs to my husband's dismay, haha)

I had to laugh!  I am the only coffee drinker in the house and I have OVER 50 Starbucks coffee cups from various cities and countries I have been.  Looking forward to adding the NCL cups!  YAY!

• Like 1