Drink package thoughts

Bently57

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Black Friday 

Here's what my online price shows right now...this hasn't changed in weeks/months unless they've adjusted the 'crossed out' amount to justify keeping the bev. pkg. price the same...

image.thumb.png.669364831103f795e89892b5aca9fc7a.png

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

🤣 pricing going down 🤣

our cruise is @ 25% today 

My Beyond cruise for July is 20% off:

Classic: USD 67.99 

Premium: USD79.99

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 12:39 PM, PTC DAWG said:

How much per day was it using the AI booking?  

Like I said, math isn’t hard..it works great for my Wife and I…a coffee or two a day. A few Mimosas…pool drinks, evening drinks. Gambling drinks…at $10-15 a pop, it doesn’t take long..plus, no slips to sign. 

Im not cruising without a few trips to the Martini Bar, that adds up quick..

You are letting the 20% get under your skin..every drink you buy on board will have the same amount applied..

Options are good, I like paying one price and being done..others not so much. There really is no right or wrong..

On 3/28/2024 at 9:09 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks........How many beverages did that amount represent?  I'm assuming you paid a la carte?  I'd like to know what the online website price is in US $ if someone has that it would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

My Beyond cruise for July is 20% off:

Classic: USD 67.99 

Premium: USD79.99

Plus 20% mandatory service charge on top of that price, don't forget.

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Most of us know. LOL

Celebrity hopes we don't. 

It's like going to a restaurant, ordering an $80 steak, but getting a bill for $95 while being told the service was assumed to be so great you would naturally pay $15 tip, not $20 for extraordinary service, not $10 for less than stellar; it is no longer your choice any more the amount of tip you give, we the restaurant, decide what you will tip.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, STNGR said:

It's like going to a restaurant, ordering an $80 steak, but getting a bill for $95 while being told the service was assumed to be so great you would naturally pay $15 tip, not $20 for extraordinary service, not $10 for less than stellar; it is no longer your choice any more the amount of tip you give, we the restaurant, decide what you will tip.

Places are going that route for sure..we all know why. Especially for larger parties..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

IMO the prices for the drink packages are crazy.  Unless we get a great price for an AI cruise we have been doing the cruise only recently.  DH does not drink at all and I may have a glass of procescco before dinner.  

• Like 3

On 3/27/2024 at 2:33 PM, dreamer321 said:

I've done the math and have chosen not to buy a package for my upcoming cruise which I booked cruise-only.  I travel solo and the All Included price for solo passengers is just ridiculous.  By charging my drinks I also keep better track of what I'm drinking. In the past when I buy a package I feel I have to maximize the value of the package and that's not good for me. I'll drink heavily for a day or two then stop drinking for a couple days so I'm not getting value from it.  

I think everyone needs to do their math. We're in an 11 day cruise with only two sea days, so it does not make sense for us to get the premium drink package at all (sorry, classic package not good enough). 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Here's what my online price shows right now...this hasn't changed in weeks/months unless they've adjusted the 'crossed out' amount to justify keeping the bev. pkg. price the same...

image.thumb.png.669364831103f795e89892b5aca9fc7a.png

Keep an eye on the app. Sometimes they offer the drink package at 50% off. We booked the drink package at 50% off for our upcoming April cruise during the Black Friday Sale. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nflder71 said:

Keep an eye on the app. Sometimes they offer the drink package at 50% off. We booked the drink package at 50% off for our upcoming April cruise during the Black Friday Sale. 

For our cruise, there was no change to the 20% off (then added back in the form of gratuities) which has been offered for months.  What did happen was the base price was increased so that the discounted price stayed as it was prior).  One day the cost to us was $1990.20, next day it increased by $200.  When is your cruise?  I'm now thinking this sale was only the app.  I check on my laptop.

Edited by Oceangoer2

We were going to upgrade to premium during a sale a couple of days ago. Went to checkout and realized we'd forgotten the 20 percent gratuities charge. Decided no thanks. Killed the upgrade. We'll pay the up charge per drink (use onboard credit) if we want something on the premium package. Won't happen that often so we'll be money ahead. We have an AI package so no gratuities charge on our classic package drinks.

26 minutes ago, indy406 said:

We were going to upgrade to premium during a sale a couple of days ago. Went to checkout and realized we'd forgotten the 20 percent gratuities charge. Decided no thanks. Killed the upgrade. We'll pay the up charge per drink (use onboard credit) if we want something on the premium package. Won't happen that often so we'll be money ahead. We have an AI package so no gratuities charge on our classic package drinks.

the grats are in the price - nothing is free

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, the penguins said:

the grats are in the price - nothing is free

The gratuities were a 20-percent add-on at checkout. Not folded into the advertised price.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

For our cruise, there was no change to the 20% off (then added back in the form of gratuities) which has been offered for months.  What did happen was the base price was increased so that the discounted price stayed as it was prior).  One day the cost to us was $1990.20, next day it increased by $200.  When is your cruise?  I'm now thinking this sale was only the app.  I check on my laptop.

It’s April 8 on the silhouette. 

I really don't understand why people needs others thoughts on if THEY should purchase a drink package.  It's simple math, either that math works for you or it doesn't.  Some look at it is a pure cost analysis of package v per drink + tips, and some look at it for convenience not caring about the cost, and then some have it with their suite level.    

5 hours ago, indy406 said:

The gratuities were a 20-percent add-on at checkout. Not folded into the advertised price.

your original post said "no gratuities charge on our classic drinks package" but in reality you did paid the 20% grats. 

1 hour ago, Liao said:

I really don't understand why people needs others thoughts on if THEY should purchase a drink package.  It's simple math, either that math works for you or it doesn't.  Some look at it is a pure cost analysis of package v per drink + tips, and some look at it for convenience not caring about the cost, and then some have it with their suite level.    

All you say is true but some of us have been on this site for a very long time and know we can count on others' experiences and new information as X does change things weekly/monthly at times.....I've found new information through their posts and it's been helpful.   I don't think posters are asking whether they SHOULD purchase a bev. pkg.   They of course have their own reasons as to whether or not when a 'sale' is on.

20 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks....I should look for a discounted price closer to our cruise in Nov.

Keep an eye out around Canada Day/July 4th and Labour Day. I’ve noticed Flash Sales before during those times.