paid in full but web site thinks we owe $66

ghstudio

We paid in full for our July cruise in  February.  Yesterday, we received an email from Azamara saying that we could now see our cruise on their web site.  We checked and Azamara thinks we owe $66 ???   The new web site just continues to be a disaster.

• Like 1

Just now, ghstudio said:

We paid in full for our July cruise in  February.  Yesterday, we received an email from Azamara saying that we could now see our cruise on their web site.  We checked and Azamara thinks we owe $66 ???   The new web site just continues to be a disaster.

Only $66?  That's a bargain. Our cruise of the last 17 days showed $3600 owing. The one we started today showed almost $6000 owing. 

It means nothing. If you are paid in full you will be paid in full when you get on the ship. 

OBCs from Azamara probably will show in error on the website. They likely will be fine when you board. Any OBCs from a TA could be a different story. The have not, in many cases, made it to the ship. Bring records and be prepared to need to follow up. 

• Like 2

Mine is showing nearly € 1.000, but I do not care - I have the recipt of payment of my TA and also spoke to them. We are not the only ones so just calm down @ghstudio.

I'm looking forward to embark soon and will have an other wonderful experiance on an Azamara ship.

On 5/5/2023 at 6:12 AM, beatnix said:

We are not the only ones so just calm down

I can’t see how stating this helps anyone.  Yes, it is true that a lot of people here have paid a lot of money to Azamara and after FP in full are discovering AZ’s accounting in the online customer site shows an amount owing.  So you are correct that you and the OP are not the only ones however, it is understandable that regardless of whether the amount is big or small, it can be upsetting.  It’s so very unfortunate (actually it’s more than that - unacceptable is what comes to mind) that AZ can’t get its act together and present correct account information after all this time in transition.  It is not surprising that the OP and many others in a similar situation are upset and/or concerned.  No one expected to book a cruise and then be confronted with the current level of IT problems that are being encountered especially since AZ never apologizes for what is happening and makes things worse by sending out poor quality, infrequent communication and, on occasion, emails saying that people’s accounts are now correct when they are not and errors on the part of AZ (such as showing an amount owing after a full FP has been made) are still there.

I fully agree with the OP, the new website just continues to be a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Site not back to normal. Finally talked to someone yesterday.She said they are behind in everything.Think priorities now are within 30 days.Waiting on deposit refund for December cruise I cancelled.

On 5/7/2023 at 9:45 AM, garsny said:

Site not back to normal. Finally talked to someone yesterday.She said they are behind in everything.Think priorities now are within 30 days.Waiting on deposit refund for December cruise I cancelled.

Given Azamara's current back office issues, I don't think I'd be quite as patient as you have been.  I'd be carefully documenting with a certified letter return receipt required stating the date of cancellation and the amount they owe you, per their terms and conditions. Hopefully, you won't ever need to show that letter to anyone....but should it just fall permanently between the cracks, you may want that written documentation.

Hi all, I’m booked for a mid June cruise that I paid for ages ago. Today my Azamara account says I owe the balance. I’m assuming I can just ignore this and not worry about it as it’s yet another site glitch? I don’t want to call in as I don’t have hours to wait. But at the same time I’m worried they’ll expect me to pay? (I booked through a travel agent who is not very good so don’t want to go thorough them lol - got a deal with them). 

Any advice ?

3 hours ago, Ozzyrosie said:

Hi all, I’m booked for a mid June cruise that I paid for ages ago. Today my Azamara account says I owe the balance. I’m assuming I can just ignore this and not worry about it as it’s yet another site glitch? I don’t want to call in as I don’t have hours to wait. But at the same time I’m worried they’ll expect me to pay? (I booked through a travel agent who is not very good so don’t want to go thorough them lol - got a deal with them). 

Any advice ?

Everyone who’s been in your position reports no issues getting onboard, so I wouldn’t worry, so long as you have your credit card/bank statement showing your payment. I’d certainly take that with you.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 1:18 PM, ghstudio said:

I will assume that what is showing as not paid is the commission to your travel agent. So on every booking that is done with a travel agent it will show. Usually this should not be visible but i guess they will fix this. 

It will not be a problem for you traveling. We had the same on our reservation some weeks ago, and got on board without any problems. 

• Like 1