Safety Video???

uneamie

So HOW MANY times do we have to watch this??? We watched it when we did online registration. We got 2 emails yesterday saying they wanted us to watch it again. Now we have 2 more emails today wanting us to watch it again. I have a feeling that when we go to our cabin we will have to watch it for a 4th time.....We will do what is required but wondering if we will still have an inperson "muster drill". Hmmm! 

Edited by uneamie

Its no big deal. Just watch it when they send it to you.

No in person muster drills.

Just go to muster station and they scan your card. Do it as soon as you board.

Edited by FlGoodShips
Left off info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, uneamie said:

So HOW MANY times do we have to watch this??? We watched it when we did online registration. We got 2 emails yesterday saying they wanted us to watch it again. Now we have 2 more emails today wanting us to watch it again. I have a feeling that when we go to our cabin we will have to watch it for a 4th time.....We will do what is required but wondering if we will still have an inperson "muster drill". Hmmm! 

You need to watch it once. Your viewing is not tracked. You want to be able to honestly say that you watched it when you show up at your muster station. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

I received emails yesterday and today.  Must be an IT error.

It's not. My DW and I each received at least five reminders each to rewatch the video, after watching it at check-in.Plus had to view once again when we turned the cabin TV on.

• Like 2

I watched mine at check-in and disregarded the emails. Turned on the TV and let it run while I unpacked. No big deal. Why would you think the watching of videos would indicate you would have In Person muster drill?  Those are gone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The safety video is as useful as the airline safety brief shown prior to takeoff.

You are not arguing for bringing back to the original muster drill instead, are you? 🤣

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You are not arguing for bringing back to the original muster drill instead, are you? 🤣

Of course not.  The inpersonmuster is more useless than the video.  There is simply no reason to get so many emails directing passengers to watch the video.  Obviously, NCL has no idea of who has watched and who hasn't.  Harrassing passengers with endless directions to watch the video is a waste of time.  The only thing that accomplishes is pacifying the lawyers.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Of course not.  The inpersonmuster is more useless than the video.  There is simply no reason to get so many emails directing passengers to watch the video.  Obviously, NCL has no idea of who has watched and who hasn't.  Harrassing passengers with endless directions to watch the video is a waste of time.  The only thing that accomplishes is pacifying the lawyers.

Since you maintain that neither the old nor the new muster drill trains passengers properly, how would you propose to have passengers trained to be properly prepared for an emergency?

15 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Since you maintain that neither the old nor the new muster drill trains passengers properly, how would you propose to have passengers trained to be properly prepared for an emergency?

I don't believe I said that the new muster drill is insufficient.  I said that there is no reason to send multiple emails to watch the videos. Until NCL can track who has and who hasn't watched, this is a waste of time and effort.  The only practical purposes are appeasing the safety experts and the lawyers.

The inpersonmuster provides all the training necessary for the passengers, ie, it trains them on how to find their muster station.  

I see no reason to revisit the inperson vs. the emuster drill discussions.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

How far out do you start receiving the emails?

Don't worry about missing the opportunity too see the videos.  You'll get multiple emails.  You get prompted when you do  your on line check in.  You may get to watch it while inprocessing at the terminal.  And, then, once again in your cabin.

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I don't believe I said that the new muster drill is insufficient.  I said that there is no reason to send multiple emails to watch the videos. Until NCL can track who has and who hasn't watched, this is a waste of time and effort.  The only practical purposes are appeasing the safety experts and the lawyers.

The inpersonmuster provides all the training necessary for the passengers, ie, it trains them on how to find their muster station.  

I see no reason to revisit the inperson vs. the emuster drill discussions.

5 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

The safety video is as useful as the airline safety brief shown prior to takeoff.

I took saying the safety video is as useful as the airline safety brief prior to takeoff as you saying the new muster drill is insufficient.