Euro wings Discover…any experience?

Redtravel

Has anyone flown on Eurowings Discover, a subsidiary of Lufthansa? Up until now, we always booked our own air.  Last week, we booked a cruise that sails in June. We checked available air. It was very costly.  We decided to let Oceania book air.  Not surprised that we got arrangements with connections on multiple airlines.  The O air department is very creative.  We are flying all over and back again.  Connection times are loose.     I was able to contact most airlines to attach frequent flyer numbers and get seat assignments.  We are ok with connecting flights.  Being retired, we have time. The one exception is Eurowings Discover.  Calling them is like my chances of winning the lottery when I haven’t bought a ticket. Even when you get through, the reps are not helpful. Also called Lufthansa who redirected me to Eurowings Discover.   Has anyone flown on this airline? 

I have flown with them a few times, mainly within Germany.  Fairly usual low cost airline, unremarkable is every respect.  As I recall flights operated on time and were quite full.

As you note Lufthansa owns them, and provides behind the scenes services but you’ll usually interact with staff wearing their uniforms.  In smaller airports checkin etc may be at the Lufthansa counter, or may be done by employees wearing LH  uniforms.  I can’t honestly recall weather I got UA FF miles or not.

Just flew with them.  Unfortunately LH is playing games with Eurowings in USA.

MCO to FRA was originally LH465 on LH metal 747-400 then switch to A340.

Finally switched to A330-200 and now Eurowings as an LH codeshare.

Last month they were using wet-leased (crew and plane) Finnair planes.

In late April went back to their own old LH planes -- Old LH A330 converted to Eurowings livery. 

Biz seats are LH style semi lie flats extremely uncomfortable.

Service was OK up front.

Similar rules as to LH.  Meaning if you are not Biz -- no seat assignments until 24 prior to your flight.

We had the same baggage allowance -- but Eurowings gave me issues about my weight of one carryon (8 kg limit) even though I am allowed 2 x 8kg pieces -- had to speak to a supervisor.

Plane also had a premium economy cabin.

If you are flying economy Eurowings is as good as any US Carrier, especially if you have to connect through to another destination.

Flying Biz -- I would take another carrier, even UA is better.

Edited by PaulMCO

We flew Eurowings from Hamburg to London Heathrow last year-this short flight was enough to say no more- will never book with them again as seats in economy were really cramped and uncomfortable. Also we had reserved seats beforehand on their website but when we arrived at the airport this was ignored and we were given seats at the back.

Edited by durante

21 hours ago, Psoque said:

Those are some fighting words…lol.

I am a 3mm on UA (nearly at magic 4mm), but I like LX and LH generally. 

Have been on these A330 planes on both LH/LX airlines generally on 5 to 6 hour flights (which are the planes being used in the US).  Both Biz and Economy are uncomfortable. 

My DW hated our recent MCO to FRA flight.  She like to sleep on a lie flat seat.  Me -- I am more hard nosed having close to 4mm on UA and another 2MM on other airlines about 1/2 upfront and 1/2 in the back.  Comfort is relative and I can sleep on most seats.

The nice thing about flying into FRA or Eurowings, is you have FRAport persons doing any special assistance (wheel chair and electric buggy assistance)

Most of our flights “up front” are to Asia, mainly Japan, and I would never use any US based carrier for that route.  We recently flew United “Polaris” to Reykjavik and back from Heathrow, and that was totally disgusting.  The cabin was not properly cleaned.  The food was borderline inedible.