Not Sure Whether this is Gonna Fly...

Was looking through excursion options for a Bahamas cruise and noticed I was able to add my 3 year old to this cabana excursion at Resorts World Bimini for $0.  I think he'd have a grand time in his private cabana being served anything his heart desires, right?

I'm actually seriously tempted to book it and see whether they'd catch the error by the time the cruise comes around.

image.thumb.png.1e431b331766085a06c6f26198b651be.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’m tired after a long week so please forgive me… what is the error?  I can’t tell from the screenshot. Are you saying a 3 y/o is able to book a cabana alone?  If so, an obvious glitch in the system.. 😊

Yup, I can add him to the cabana rental all by himself and complete the booking at a cost of $0.  Pretty sweet deal if you ask me considering it costs over $400 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Yup, I can add him to the cabana rental all by himself and complete the booking at a cost of $0.  Pretty sweet deal if you ask me considering it costs over $400 😅

Omg you need to go for it!  Let it play out and see what happens. Priceless!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I can think of 400 reasons why it’s worth a shot. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I just looked at that excursion for our cruise.  You do understand that the price is per person, 

therefore you son will be the only one allowed in the cabana.  And there are limits on what’s provided.  

5 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

I just looked at that excursion for our cruise.  You do understand that the price is per person, 

therefore you son will be the only one allowed in the cabana.  And there are limits on what’s provided.  

X2. Clearly the intent is they be with an adult.   I don't understand why this is being done other than to create an issue.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

I think that's part of the issue as to why I can book my son by himself.  The price is supposed to be per cabana, not per person. Carnival is selling the same cabanas for when they make stops in Bimini for $400.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/bimini/beach-front-private-cabanas-for-4-402002

6 minutes ago, ldubs said:

X2. Clearly the intent is they be with an adult.   I don't understand why this is being done other than to create an issue.  

I hear you.  I'm just pointing them out an issue with their platform, quietly.  A lot of my day-to-day work involves identifying errors in systems.  This is my subtle way of helping them out.  You're right that I could have just let it be, but that's not in my nature.

• Like 3

Just now, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I hear you.  I'm just pointing them out an issue with their platform, quietly.  A lot of my day-to-day work involves identifying errors in systems.  This is my subtle way of helping them out.  You're right that I could have just let it be, but that's not in my nature.

You did not notified them of a problem.   You created a booking you know won't fly.    This is not "subtle".  But, hey I guess by wasting their time you sure showed them a thing or two.  

20 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I think that's part of the issue as to why I can book my son by himself.  The price is supposed to be per cabana, not per person. Carnival is selling the same cabanas for when they make stops in Bimini for $400.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/bimini/beach-front-private-cabanas-for-4-402002

According to what I read on Celebrity’s page the cost is per person.  I just added my husband and I to one and it doubled the cost as we are two people.f

Just now, bjahil47 said:

According to what I read on Celebrity’s page the cost is per person.  I just added my husband and I to one and it doubled the cost as we are two people.f

Unfortunately, the accuracy and validity of information on the cruise planner for this excursion is questionable.  We can see that from the error that spurred this post.  The cost must be per cabana.  They charge $350$400 on Virgin cruises and $400 on Carnival for the same cabanas.  My hunch is X is not going to charge $400 per person.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Shades of the famous $10 upgrade to Premium Wi-Fi error, ambiguity, and debate late last year. 

How was it corrected?  Did the IT dept catch the error?  I suspect that will happen here in due time hopefully putting at ease the minds of anyone up in arms over having a little fun with Celebrity. 

I remember when iT accidentally doubled my OBC. I asked my TA about it and she said it was a glitch that would eventually correct itself. Sure enough, a few weeks later my obc was back to normal. Maybe that was Celebrity’s idea of having a little fun with me!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

How was it corrected?  Did the IT dept catch the error?  I suspect that will happen here in due time hopefully putting at ease the minds of anyone up in arms over having a little fun with Celebrity. 

I remember when iT accidentally doubled my OBC. I asked my TA about it and she said it was a glitch that would eventually correct itself. Sure enough, a few weeks later my obc was back to normal. 

The wording in the Cruise Planner was changed a few days later to made it clearer that the upgrade price was $10/day and not just $10 for the entire cruise. More importantly, when you added it to your cart, it was corrected to show the $10 price being multiplied by the number of nights of your cruise (before it was not multiplied when you checked out). 

There were those of us that pounced on it and purchased the upgrade for $10, and of those that have taken their cruise, they reported that it was indeed for the whole cruise ($10). I'm waiting for my December cruise. 

When the error was first reported, there was a lengthy debate on this forum on what was actually purchased (e.g. you bought an upgrade for one day) whether it was really a mistake (that it must be $10/day and that you'll be charged for the balance later), or if it was indeed a mistake whether it would be honored (e.g. the iLounge will tell you that it's a mistake and you need to pay up). 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

So it appears you're 3 year old is the only person that is booked for this cabana.  Are you going to let your 3 year old be there alone?  What will you be doing?  I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me.

Eventually a bean counter is going to see what is going on and then someone will have to contact you to straighten you out, but that probably will not happen until closer to the cruise.  Seems better to be proactive and contact them about the glitch rather than making fake bookings.  Isn't this also taking a cabana out of inventory that someone might want to book?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

So it appears you're 3 year old is the only person that is booked for this cabana.  Are you going to let your 3 year old be there alone?  What will you be doing?  I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me.

The Cabana comes with 4 passes to the beach club, so my three year old would be picking up the tab and we'd just tag along 😉

21 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

Eventually a bean counter is going to see what is going on and then someone will have to contact you to straighten you out, but that probably will not happen until closer to the cruise.  Seems better to be proactive and contact them about the glitch rather than making fake bookings.  Isn't this also taking a cabana out of inventory that someone might want to book?

We're considering booking this cabana for ourselves anyway at the full rate, so we're just reserving a spot here. Agreed that they are likely to see this eventually. I'm just curious to find out when that will be.

54 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

The OP is pointing out you can apparently book a cabana for $0; on X’s site, it’s possible they won’t be able to checkout but if they can, one cabana will be held.  The OP hasn’t said what their plan is, I’m speaking in general, perhaps all you need to check in is a number, perhaps the cabana staff do not check names against ages…

If on X’s site one can checkout for $0, it’s clearly a glitch and some may try to take advantage of that 

47 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

The Cabana comes with 4 passes to the beach club, so my three year old would be picking up the tab and we'd just tag along 😉

We're considering booking this cabana for ourselves anyway at the full rate, so we're just reserving a spot here. Agreed that they are likely to see this eventually. I'm just curious to find out when that will be.

I say stand pat. You have nothing to lose monetarily. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3