Priority Boarding Question

roblc1

We have priority boarding and have been assigned Group A for our upcoming cruise leaving Amsterdam on May 20th.   If we end up being out and about that morning, and want to board later, is there a priority boarding check in line, or will we end up in a long line ?  

We usually love to board right away, but Amsterdam is a lovely city to spend a beautiful morning in.  Thanks. 

You may not need to worry about priority if you go later. When people arrive before the ship is ready, they have to stand/sit around and wait. But if you go toward the end of the boarding time, they will have boarded and you won't have to wait. 

I don't know about Amsterdam specifically, but usually if you have priority and your group has already boarded, you should be able to board right away.

We will be on the same cruise, booked club orange and also have priority boarding.

We now got group J - 2:00 pm

We normally wanted to have breakfast in our hotel, then park our car at the airport and go to the port. 
So our plan was checking in around noon or 1:00 pm….

It is also possible to arrive earlier with priority boarding ?

(on other cruise line we know priority boarding as a - come whenever you want to board) 

thanks and see you on the Rotterdam 

My recent experience in the US and Canada with priority boarding is that you bypass the regular lines whenever you show up as long as boarding has actually started.  Hopefully other ports worldwide are the same.  Others with direct Amsterdam experience please chime in if that's not the case.

~Nancy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Wonder does Club Orange give priority boarding over every one else   or do the  Suite guest go first then club orange? 

I don't think so. In the past, they seated priority passengers in rows as they arrived, without checking the basis for priority. then they boarded by row. 

In FLL this past winter, when I checked in, a lot of people were already there (11:30 or so), and non-priority sitting area was full. When I went to get my boarding card, they were up to number 19 cards for the non-priority passengers. As a 4*, I got a Priority 2 card. I didn't see any priority 1 cards, so I think those cards had all been given out. When I got to the second level, the priority passengers had been called to board, do I don't know if they were distinguishing between groups in any way. 

The one priority group that always goes first is passengers needing assistance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Wonder does Club Orange give priority boarding over every one else   or do the  Suite guest go first then club orange? 

It seems to vary by ship and or port.  Sometimes I have heard 5 Star called first (after handicapped of course).

We are boarding in Port Everglades this Friday for the Zuiderdam TA.  We are CO.  We have been assigned 11:40am, Group C.  It was previously 11:20, Group B but was changed.  The World Cruise is disembarking so there may be some inspections.  We are the only cruise ship at PE this Friday.

16 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

The World Cruise is disembarking so there may be some inspections.  We are the only cruise ship at PE this Friday.

Next May 2024 I will be doing the same thing as you are on Friday.  I'll be boarding the Zuiderdam for the TA back to Europe on the day the World Cruise disembarks.  I had thought about the inspections too and possible other delays with unloading and loading.  @FlorenceItaly would you mind coming back here to report your experience with boarding under these circumstances?  Thanks and enjoy the trip over!

~Nancy

22 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

I am Club Orange, boarding in Port Everglades on Friday.  I have been assigned Group C, 11:40am boarding.

3 hours ago, oakridger said:

Next May 2024 I will be doing the same thing as you are on Friday.  I'll be boarding the Zuiderdam for the TA back to Europe on the day the World Cruise disembarks.  I had thought about the inspections too and possible other delays with unloading and loading.  @FlorenceItaly would you mind coming back here to report your experience with boarding under these circumstances?  Thanks and enjoy the trip over!

~Nancy

Hi Nancy!

I will be happy to come back and report my experience.  Thank you for your well wishes.

Marie

• Thanks 1