Family reunion?

I have never been on RC but am elite on Celebrity.  Historically we cruise with older people but the families we wish to cruise with for a reunion include teenagers on up.  We need a ship that has lots of activities that they'd enjoy.  i haven't paid attention to roller coasters aboard ships or fancy water slides or go kart tracks, etc. so I'm looking for thoughts and suggestions.  SInce we plan to pay for all this cost is important too.

Karl

6 minutes ago, kbert92069 said:

I have never been on RC but am elite on Celebrity.  Historically we cruise with older people but the families we wish to cruise with for a reunion include teenagers on up.  We need a ship that has lots of activities that they'd enjoy.  i haven't paid attention to roller coasters aboard ships or fancy water slides or go kart tracks, etc. so I'm looking for thoughts and suggestions.  SInce we plan to pay for all this cost is important too.

Karl

I would choose a oasis class ship for more to do for all. A rel broadway show, ice skating and aqua show plus kids activities. Allure doesn't have the abyss added but any other oasis ship. .. though allure has the best show, mama mia. Better than on broadway most have said.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, kbert92069 said:

Karl

Symphony, Oasis, or Harmony of the seas.   Best for a wide range of ages and interests.   Not the newest oasis class (so not as expensive as wonder of the seas), but still basically the biggest cruise ships in the world.  This is a no brainer to me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George C said:

While I liked Mama Mia on Allure and most plays on rccl , it is not as good as broadway.

Well, I saw Mamma Mia, not on Broadway, but I guess the touring production and really didn't enjoy it.  I only saw Mamma Mia on Allure because my mother wanted to go.  I seem to recall I liked it.  To each their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kbert92069 said:

roller coasters aboard ships or fancy water slides or go kart tracks,

I don't think RC has roller coasters or go karts.  The cruise lines that do have things like this charge extra.  I was recently on Explorer of the Seas and I like that class.  They have an ice skating rink and ice shows.  Also had a parade and the Royal Promenade.  

• Like 2

Karl

Given your location and the fact that you are mindful of budget, I'd suggest looking at Navigator out of Los Angeles. Ok, it doesn't have ALL of the bells and whistles you'll get on an Oasis class ship but there's still plenty to do, including slides and an ice skating rink with a show, theatre, bars with live music,  rock climbing wall, sports court, dedicated teen areas, adults only solarium, spa, gym...

There are 3, 4 and 7 night itineraries available.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Given your location and the fact that you are mindful of budget, I'd suggest looking at Navigator out of Los Angeles. Ok, it doesn't have ALL of the bells and whistles you'll get on an Oasis class ship but there's still plenty to do, including slides and an ice skating rink with a show, theatre, bars with live music,  rock climbing wall, sports court, dedicated teen areas, adults only solarium, spa, gym...

There are 3, 4 and 7 night itineraries available.

I really like Navigator but oasis class has way more entertainment which you can get out of Galveston. 

42 minutes ago, George C said:

While I liked Mama Mia on Allure and most plays on rccl , it is not as good as broadway.

Very true, there is no such thing as a truly Broadway quality show on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

Karl

You might want to figure out what port you are  going out of, find out what ship(s) go out of that port at the time you want to cruise and then review on Royals website what each ship offers and decide what is important to your family.  Each class of ship will be similar, but not exactly the same.  Everyone has a different opinion on what is the best ship for different reasons.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Very true, there is no such thing as a truly Broadway quality show on a cruise ship.

I do like rccl broadway shows , looking forward to Grease in November but it’s not broadway ( we will be in New York to see a few shows in a couple of weeks)

55 minutes ago, George C said:

I do like rccl broadway shows , looking forward to Grease in November but it’s not broadway ( we will be in New York to see a few shows in a couple of weeks)

Seems we both are booked nov 26. See you on harmony. Looking forward to it too. I love musicals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Seems we both are booked nov 26. See you on harmony. Looking forward to it too. I love musicals. 

We definitely need to meet for a drink . Oasis class has great entertainment but I will miss there jazz club.

• Like 1