Gratuities

ncgolferette

Taking my first Oceania cruise next month - 24 days on the Insignia - Tokyo to SFO.  Does Oceania add the gratuities to your on board account daily or is the whole sum added at the beginning or ending of the cruise?  

Just now, ncgolferette said:

Taking my first Oceania cruise next month - 24 days on the Insignia - Tokyo to SFO.  Does Oceania add the gratuities to your on board account daily or is the whole sum added at the beginning or ending of the cruise?  

Whole sum added within days of embarkation. 

In the past pre covid they have always been added to the account  at the end   in our experience

I have gotten statements  from reception during the cruise  & they were never on  it

but  maybe things have changed

48 minutes ago, BrakeawayTakeaway said:

On the Oceania website when I have the choice to buy a drinks package it also gives me the option to pre pay for gratuities.  Is that the whole trip gratuities? Can I pre pay for them before I board? 

Thank you. 

probably

Do the math

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005307374-How-much-are-Gratuities-and-can-they-be-prepaid-

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005476793-What-is-your-gratuity-policy-

8 hours ago, BrakeawayTakeaway said:

On the Oceania website when I have the choice to buy a drinks package it also gives me the option to pre pay for gratuities.  Is that the whole trip gratuities? Can I pre pay for them before I board? 

Thank you. 

Yeah, no one really understands what that's all about. We discussed that a few months ago. 

• Thanks 1

I also found the option to pre pay the gratuities on the website in the drinks package section  I went ahead and paid them and was able to deduct it from my OBC balance. 
Now I don't have to think about it again and I still have OBC to pay for drinks. 

2 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

I also found the option to pre pay the gratuities on the website in the drinks package section  I went ahead and paid them and was able to deduct it from my OBC balance. 
Now I don't have to think about it again and I still have OBC to pay for drinks. 

They usually take  Gratuities  1st  from OBC   then any other  purchases 

It all works out in the  end  LOL

On 5/8/2023 at 7:33 PM, ncgolferette said:

It's daily, but as Flatbush & others have said it appears near the end of your trip.

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

It's daily, but as Flatbush & others have said it appears near the end of your trip.

Actually, if your tips are paid by O Club or by your TA (most often using OCAPP funding from Oceania), they’ll appear as a total debit, followed by a total credit, at some point during the cruise.

On 5/9/2023 at 4:17 AM, SeaWatch12 said:

How did you do this?  When I go to my account, I can prepay the gratuities (or beverage package) but it asks for my credit card information rather than allowing me to deduct it from my OBC.  Does my TA have to get it charged to my OBC account?

2 hours ago, honmani2 said:

How did you do this?  When I go to my account, I can prepay the gratuities (or beverage package) but it asks for my credit card information rather than allowing me to deduct it from my OBC.  Does my TA have to get it charged to my OBC account?

As was posted previously, not all SBC is created equal. SBC provided by your TA does not appear in your online account nor on your Oceania invoice. Even some O provided SBC (other that O Club and O Life SBC) may not show on your web account. And only that SBC can be used to prepay items like excursions an other stuff that ends up in the web Cart. Also, you can inform O if you don’t want to automatically use your SBC for pre-purchases.

3 hours ago, honmani2 said:

under your account  click manage this cruise

under my credits if there is an amount there   you should be able to use it  for  the gratuities

I would just get your TA  to handle it  or call Oceania 

The website is sometimes flaky

I added something to the cart  but when looking at the cart  it was not there

JMO