Signature Internet Package

We have the above included on our 94 day grand Asia cruise. I have searched around and cannot seem to identify what that actually is.  When I go into the HA site it offers me a “Premium Internet Package “ for $ 759.99. 

Does anyone have any guidance or advice?  Thanks in advance.  Howie

This is what HA sent my TA:

Special Services
Description
Pre-Paid Crew Appreciation Promo

Unlimited Luggage Delivery Service

Initial In-Suite Liquor Set Up
Welcome Onboard Bottle Of Sparkling Complimentary Exc Tour One
Comp In-Suite Bottled Water & Soda

17 minutes ago, howiefrommd said:

This is what HA sent my TA:

Special Services
Description
Pre-Paid Crew Appreciation Promo

Unlimited Luggage Delivery Service

Initial In-Suite Liquor Set Up
Welcome Onboard Bottle Of Sparkling Complimentary Exc Tour One
Comp In-Suite Bottled Water & Soda

Could this be something your travel agent has set up? Or possibly it being a "Grand" cruise has some extra benefits, like the initial in suite liquor set up? The sparkling wine usually comes with a Neptune Suite...but again, maybe on the Grand level cruise?

It looks like maybe there is a mash up of the copy/pasting of the info, like this line: "Welcome Onboard Bottle Of Sparkling Complimentary Exc Tour One".

But I still have not heard of a "Signature Internet Package". I think for your cruise its supposed to be "Premium".

It sounds like amenities for the World Cruise.  Somehow, they changed the name of the internet package or came up with a new name for the World Cruise internet package!! Your TA can call HAL to get the details about what it really is they are offering.  HAL needs to proofread better and be consistent.

Here are the World Cruise Amenities for 2025 listed on the HAL website today:

Grand World Voyage Early Booking Benefits (hollandamerica.com)

Have a great cruise in 2025!!!

~Nancy

P.S. OOps!!  Typing at same time as @CruiserBruce

Edited by oakridger

9 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Its not the "Signature Internet Package"...its either the Surf or Premium Internet Package:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/onboard-packages/cruise-ship-wifi.html

Its the Signature Beverage Package.

Thanks for this link.  I see audio/video not supported in the included.  Is that just for features like FaceTime? Or does it mean not being able to put things on Instagram?

Actually it gets a bit more wacky...from the HA site:

Onboard Credit

US$1,000 per person, Category PS

US$750 per person, Categories SA-SB

US$500 per person, Categoriess A-BC

Prepaid Signature Internet Package (4,000 minutes per person)

Prepaid Crew Appreciation

One Complimentary Shore Excursion from the Collections of Holland America Line

Unlimited Luggage Delivery Service (to/from San Diego only)✤

Initial In-suite Liquor Set-up (four bottles)

"Welcome on Board" bottle of sparkling wine

1 hour ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Thanks for this link.  I see audio/video not supported in the included.  Is that just for features like FaceTime? Or does it mean not being able to put things on Instagram?

Can't fully answer that...as we haven't done much more than e mail and read various things on board. But from observing others on board, it seems to allow some of that type of activity, but it may be hampered by available bandwidth at any given time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Last year on the Oosterdam in Italy, we had the standard or surf Wi-Fi and it was only good for web surfing and was almost impossible to post to CC and would not allow FaceTime or Zoom calls. I upgraded to the Premium service and was able stream, FT, post on CC and more importantly use Wi-Fi calling on my cell phone.

Just spoke with HA and have somewhat (but not complete answer).  It is the "Surf" that is included (for each person.)  When I inquired about the verbiage about the 4,000 minutes, they were clueless.  They said I would have to address this when on board.  

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Last year on the Oosterdam in Italy, we had the standard or surf Wi-Fi and it was only good for web surfing and was almost impossible to post to CC and would not allow FaceTime or Zoom calls. I upgraded to the Premium service and was able stream, FT, post on CC and more importantly use Wi-Fi calling on my cell phone.

Thanks so much. Terry.  How do the price the upgrade when onboard.  Do both have to upgrade or just the one who needs more connectivity? 

7 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Thanks so much. Terry.  How do the price the upgrade when onboard.  Do both have to upgrade or just the one who needs more connectivity? 

You can upgrade one device, and you can change which device is using the upgrade during the voyage, just only one at a time. That's our plan.

16 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

We upgraded in the Navigator app and only one has to upgrade. I upgraded and my wife, saw no need to do the same.

20 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Were you able to send and receive texts with the premium service? I hate being limited to Facebook messenger to keep in contact with family and our dog sitter.

53 minutes ago, yerdua said:

Were you able to send and receive texts with the premium service? I hate being limited to Facebook messenger to keep in contact with family and our dog sitter.

Yes  no problem with premium, but I used it with the Wi-Fi calling settings on and the phone in airplane mode.

19 hours ago, howiefrommd said:

Just spoke with HA and have somewhat (but not complete answer).  It is the "Surf" that is included (for each person.)  When I inquired about the verbiage about the 4,000 minutes, they were clueless.  They said I would have to address this when on board.  

They haven't really had the per minute package in years. I want to say 2015 or so. However, there are still remnants on the HAL site. For example, there are places where it still refers to 5* Mariners getting 100 free minutes, but I think they now get a $ or % discount. I'm only 4 stars, so I know not of these wondrous things. 😉