Does the Cabin Flatscreen TV now show your Cunard Account???

asdf1245

Its been a while since we last cruised with Cunard.   Back then your Cruise Account had to be 

gotten from Reception if you wanted to track it.

Now given modern IT, I assume that the Flatscreen TV in our Balcony Cabin will show our respective

cruise accounts or does one still have to see Reception for this???

No, not available which is very odd considering that in the 'Maiden Year of QM2' it was available on the TV.

If you want to bothered  with your smart phone you can track it on My Voyage intranet .    

• Like 1

It's really not a good idea.

A few years ago my wife and I went on a two week trip on Ventura primarily to visit our daughter who was a "Headliner".

I went off on walkabout one day, and, on the basis that you can't hit a moving target, changed bars a few times.

Imagine my horror when I got a tap on the shoulder to find my wife and daughter standing behind me.

I asked how they managed it. My daughter explained that it was easy and that she had shown my wife that all she needed to do was to go to the big screen and check our account to find where I bought my last beer.

Be careful what you wish for!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

It's really not a good idea.

A few years ago my wife and I went on a two week trip on Ventura primarily to visit our daughter who was a "Headliner".

I went off on walkabout one day, and, on the basis that you can't hit a moving target, changed bars a few times.

Imagine my horror when I got a tap on the shoulder to find my wife and daughter standing behind me.

I asked how they managed it. My daughter explained that it was easy and that she had shown my wife that all she needed to do was to go to the big screen and check our account to find where I bought my last beer.

Be careful what you wish for!!!

So that's beertooth not bluetooth? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

No, not available which is very odd considering that in the 'Maiden Year of QM2' it was available on the TV.

If you want to bothered  with your smart phone you can track it on My Voyage intranet .    

Although I don't have a smart-phone I do travel with a tablet. We were told My Voyage is supposed to work on a tablet, but on our two voyages last year it did not. Every few days I asked for a print-out at the purser's office.  I expect I will have to do the same next month on the QE.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

Although I don't have a smart-phone I do travel with a tablet. We were told My Voyage is supposed to work on a tablet, but on our two voyages last year it did not. Every few days I asked for a print-out at the purser's office.  I expect I will have to do the same next month on the QE.

It worked on my iPad.

6 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

As do I ever since we had a bit of a hiccup on the account.

I find popping down after the late show a very quiet time at the front desk. No queuing involved.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

The librarian can help with getting the tablet to work. It's just an intranet site, not terribly complex, but some tablets have a habit of locking in on SSL and need a little persuasion to go to an intranet site.  You may find entering 

or

in the browser top bar will then force your tablet on the the host intranet. Or using Incognito / Private Browsing.

If your tablet doesn't pick up internet connections out of the home very easily then this is a possible explanation.

• Like 2

Just to give an example of how it looks on My Voyage. 

There are lots of zeros on my example here since my On Board Credit covered everything (52 cents left). The lower transaction in Britannia shows a bottle of Harrogate sparkling water being inputted to the account and then zero'd by the OBC. Further up there was a double charge where someone swapped (stole is the other applicable verb) tables with me in Commodore and got the poor bar staff confused. But thanks to the details here I was able to correct it before leaving Commodore.

2023-04-26 (2).png

• Like 1

To answer the OP question in several parts.

1 - We did on the QM2 in 2017 in Britannia Class Cabin have a Flat Screen TV attached to the Wall.

2 - Also on the QM2 this past September in Princess Suite also a Flat Screen attached to the Wall.

3 - We did have to use the My Voyager App which was informative but a challenge to use. When necessary we would ask the Pursers Desk for a copy of our bill and they accompanied us with no problem.

6 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

When necessary we would ask the Pursers Desk for a copy of our bill and they accompanied us with no problem.

I've done this a couple of times per voyage. Always in line behind others getting the same. Seems to be a lot of paper wasted. Although if you find an error you probably wouldn't think it a waste so just from an environmental standpoint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourmile.ranch said:

I've done this a couple of times per voyage. Always in line behind others getting the same. Seems to be a lot of paper wasted. Although if you find an error you probably wouldn't think it a waste so just from an environmental standpoint.

fourmile,

I know what you mean with electronics replacing the paper that is produced. I know Cunard normally supplies you with a hard copy. We try to monitor the costs to prevent overcharging.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 8:15 AM, Pushpit said:

The librarian can help with getting the tablet to work. It's just an intranet site, not terribly complex, but some tablets have a habit of locking in on SSL and need a little persuasion to go to an intranet site.  You may find entering 

or

in the browser top bar will then force your tablet on the the host intranet. Or using Incognito / Private Browsing.

If your tablet doesn't pick up internet connections out of the home very easily then this is a possible explanation.

Thanks, I will try this on our voyage next month. 

We have lots of internet credit, but I know that has nothing to do with "my voyage."  I don't use the tablet for our free internet. I find it far more convenient to use Cunard's computers with a proper keyboard and normal  screen. 

• Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

fourmile,

I know what you mean with electronics replacing the paper that is produced. I know Cunard normally supplies you with a hard copy. We try to monitor the costs to prevent overcharging.

Or incorrect charging…last time, we were charged for the drinks at an adjacent table more than once. Tracking charges was the only actually useful thing about the app.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Right...thank you for another thing learned....

I was gonna ask @Victoria2 what the bit of a hiccup with the account was.... I can see by the following posts that we will be monitoring the account!  🙂

Correct name and cabin number on the bar chitty, incorrect signature/name on the signage and we were in a different bar at the time.

It was a considerable amount and the person who signed it probably just looked at the amount and no other details and signed his/her name.

One reason why I like the paper trail of receipts. Easy to see the whole picture if it goes pear shaped.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Correct name and cabin number on the bar chitty, incorrect signature/name on the signage and we were in a different bar at the time.

It was a considerable amount and the person who signed it probably just looked at the amount and no other details and signed his/her name.

One reason why I like the paper trail of receipts. Easy to see the whole picture if it goes pear shaped.

couldn't agree more....as much as I love the advantages that electronics in general and in the past 25 years or so the internet makes life a lot simpler (and cheaper in some aspects) paper is my thing... I remember watching the moon landing and all my fave series in B&W, being fascinated when my parents got us a color TV.... resisted fiercely to my bank wanting to make us go paperless.... once again, thank you, will be watching the account just in case!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 6:17 PM, Victoria2 said:

That was a huge screw up by the staff  - because it means that somehow your card was swiped in the wrong bar - or more likely - someone didn't bother with the swipe and incorrectly entered the wrong cabin number. 

I noticed  last year that  the bar people were very careful to always take a  card even though they knew us by name after a few days. 

I really liked having your account available on the app - you could check charges basically real - time and got into the habit of doing so at least once a night because then we could correct any error immediately.