What is your favorite fruit ?

lenquixote66

Strawberries are #1.

Especially when a making with -

1. Strawberries dipped in Dark Chocolate

2. Strawberries made in homemade strawberry sauce used on Strawberry Shortcake

3. Homemade Strawberry Sorbet w an Ice Cream Freezer.

Native strawberries if I can find them.  The Cali/Mex berries have no flavor.  Native blueberries, Concord grapes, Georgia peaches, fresh figs, black plums, bananas, fresh pineapple, pears, big dark bing cherries, cantaloupe, watermelon and Florida navel oranges.  All of these are my favorites when they are in ripe and in season.  My pet peeve is the unripened fruit they try to sell in the grocery stores.  Who wants to buy under ripe fruit?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 6:41 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I eat raspberries every day.

The season here is approx. June to October  I'm happy to avoid imported raspberries outside this period.

2 hours ago, Harters said:

The season here is approx. June to October  I'm happy to avoid imported raspberries outside this period.

We like to use the fruit of the month. Waiting for Strawberries so to make a Syrup to make Strawberry Shakes w Strawberry Ice Cream.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We like to use the fruit of the month. Waiting for Strawberries so to make a Syrup to make Strawberry Shakes w Strawberry Ice Cream.

We usually see native strawberries in June.  I remember going to pick them in June when I was a kid.  The native Massachusetts strawberries were superb…much better than the Cali berries the stores sell.  Then came the blueberries, blackberries and raspberries in July and August.  We would pick quarts of blueberries when they came in abundance in late July.  I also remember picking wild strawberries in June.  They were the best…so sweet and so few that I would eat them as fast as I could pick them…lol.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

We usually see native strawberries in June.

I had the first natives this morning, with my breakfast yoghurt. I presume that, this early, they were grown under glass. They werent at all tasty. Juicy but no flavour.

15 hours ago, Harters said:

I had the first natives this morning, with my breakfast yoghurt. I presume that, this early, they were grown under glass. They werent at all tasty. Juicy but no flavour.

Cheer up…you should be seeing the real berries shortly.  I’ve been looking out for the Florida strawberries.  They should be arriving soon.  All the berries I’ve seen are Cali or Mexican…look good but no flavor.  

8 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Cheer up…you should be seeing the real berries shortly.

My companion in life is a tennis fan. I'm not. So I always reckon that Wimbledon is a good time to get out of the house, leaving  them to watch it on TV, and visit the local Pick Your Own place. 

No gooseberries yet, either.

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, lenquixote66 said:

What is takin and what planet are you from ?

Takin is a chili lime seasoning and it is killer on pineapple

my favorite fruit is in season tree ripened South Carolina peaches

• 2 weeks later...