What is their policy for COVID?

35 minutes ago, Até said:

For US bookings refer to this MSC US page, also look at the FAQ.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures

So on US based sailings after May 31 you will be fully reliant on your own insurance.  On all other sailings you would need your own insurance.

I saw that but was hoping there would be an update. Guess not and we should buy insurance. 

You should always buy insurance, not just because it covers cancellation, but also to cover medical treatment on board or in a foreign country, and most importantly to cover medical evacuation back home if needed.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gizfish said:

You should always buy insurance, not just because it covers cancellation, but also to cover medical treatment on board or in a foreign country, and most importantly to cover medical evacuation back home if needed.

At our age we never felt the need for medical insurance. However, with COVID you never know if you will catch it and not be able to go.  

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

At our age we never felt the need for medical insurance. However, with COVID you never know if you will catch it and not be able to go.  

Gizfish didn't link the reasons you may need travel/medical insurance to age; you may wish to reconsider the potential consequences of travelling without it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Who even tests themselves these days? I don’t know anyone who even mentions it anymore.

Enjoy your cruise.

I know alot of people who test themselves, including me. When you are around high risk people or you have symptoms, many people will take a covid test.

Edited by genealogyfan
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

I know alot of people who test themselves, including me. When you are around high risk people or you have symptoms, many people will take a covid test.

Fair enough..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Who even tests themselves these days? I don’t know anyone who even mentions it anymore.

Enjoy your cruise.

In normal circumstances no, but if one of us were sick enough to possibly have it I would test before a cruise so I wouldn’t spend it to someone that may not tolerate it as well. 

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Gizfish didn't link the reasons you may need travel/medical insurance to age; you may wish to reconsider the potential consequences of travelling without it.

I don’t believe we have ever purchased it before. However, we did for this cruise and our upcoming Mediterranean cruise due to the cost and with flights involved and all. 

41 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

So no COVID testing to get on the ship?  I know I didn’t have to on Celebrity in December. 

Correct, No Covid testing to get on a the ship.  As an aside, we now pack 4 "at home" Covid tests in our First Aid Kit.  They take up little room and we figure that if we start feeling sick on a cruise we'd like to self-test FIRST before heading down to medical to report ourselves and be put in quarantine 😞

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

FYI - my two cents. At any age, it's a good idea to purchase travel insurance. You never know when you may be in another country and have an accident. Stuff happens, trip and fall, ATV accident, excursion accidents and the list could go on. Better safe than sorry. Your home medical insurance will not cover you if fall and break an arm out of country.