Holland American ships ?

beshears

I know many things have changed for cruising over these past few years. If you have cruised within the past year on one of HA ships, do they still have formal nights? If not, would you tell me the name of the ships that don't?

2 minutes ago, beshears said:

I know many things have changed for cruising over these past few years. If you have cruised within the past year on one of HA ships, do they still have formal nights? If not, would you tell me the name of the ships that don't?

No more formal nights, they have been replaced by gala or dressy nights.  Dress code is explained at the HAL web site.  Interpretation of dressy nights is very loose and left to the passenger as to what to wear.  I have sailed 5 times since HAL returned to sailing and have seen everything.

Your question about formal nights was answered in your previous post asking the same question.  Answer is still the same.  See posts #9 and #10.

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

For HAL, no formal night on our cruise in March 2023 Rotterdam (11 day).  Did have another night that was 'dress' up, but I wore the same type of clothes each night; caribbean motif camp shirt and stone colored chinos. I used to bring/wear tux many years ago, but then cruise lines began to relax their policies, like designer jeans?!  So, for us, we have gone to our current packing regime of every night is 'relax' night. 🙂

Also, I think there was an Orange night, but not sure what that was.  We have sailed HAL twice in 2,000's and now in  March 2023.

There were a number of couples dressed up in suits/long dresses though.

Thank you ALL for your responses to my question.

In regard to someone who mentioned that they had "already" answered me, that was only in regard to one or two ships, not the "whole" cruise line of HA, which I was asking about.

18 minutes ago, beshears said:

Thank you ALL for your responses to my question.

In regard to someone who mentioned that they had "already" answered me, that was only in regard to one or two ships, not the "whole" cruise line of HA, which I was asking about.

The dress code doesn't change between ships. It is fleetwide.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

For HAL, no formal night on our cruise in March 2023 Rotterdam (11 day).  Did have another night that was 'dress' up, but I wore the same type of clothes each night; caribbean motif camp shirt and stone colored chinos. I used to bring/wear tux many years ago, but then cruise lines began to relax their policies, like designer jeans?!  So, for us, we have gone to our current packing regime of every night is 'relax' night. 🙂

Also, I think there was an Orange night, but not sure what that was.  We have sailed HAL twice in 2,000's and now in  March 2023.

There were a number of couples dressed up in suits/long dresses though.

Orange night is just a party. They encourage people to wear orange. It was in BB King's on my Jan Eurodam cruise. I didn't go because it's always crowded and very noisy in there. People at my table reported the next night that there were supposed to be some special treats but they didn't get any. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Orange night is just a party. They encourage people to wear orange. It was in BB King's on my Jan Eurodam cruise. I didn't go because it's always crowded and very noisy in there. People at my table reported the next night that there were supposed to be some special treats but they didn't get any. 

A special treat for us regarding BB King bands would be earplugs ... 😵

• Like 2
  • Haha 2