Favorite breakfast on a cruise or at home

lenquixote66

I have yet to be on a cruise where I could get the breakfast that I have at home every day.

My breakfast consists of the juice of one half lemon in a cup of boiled water.

One cup of decaffeinated herbal tea.

Two slices of spelt bread with either Almond Butter,Cashew or Pistacchio butter

Two tablespoons of the nut butter.

As mentioned in the past on the first morning breakfast is a double eggs benedict for the entree. Not really attempted at home since I am attempting to master hollandaise sauce.

But on board or at home a old favorite of my, bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, slice of red onion and a GOOD cup of Coffee. I can also get it in bits and pieces if I want to have it at the buffet if we want to leave the ship in the morning.

Edited by BklynBoy8

We have oatmeal most days at home, so I never get it on a cruise.  (Mine is better, anyway.)

On a ship I enjoy a vast variety of options: bagel and lox, Indian scrambled eggs and other Indian breakfast dishes, congee, pastries, DIY BLT, fresh fruits, French toast (in MDR only).  Not all at once, of course!  Mr. S enjoys his bacon on a regular basis.

At home, I enjoying going out for the "Full English" - bacon, sausage, black pudding, fried eggs, mushrooms, tomato, fried bread. I'm not a good enough cook to prepare all that at home.

Our last cruise was with Oceania in 2017. Then I enjoyed American style pancakes. And was intrigued by the mention of "Swedish pancakes" so I ordered them one day, only to be disappointed that they were just like any other European pancake.

• Like 1

Favorite at home is well-crisped corned beef hash (preferably homemade) with two over-easy fried eggs and coffee or strong English tea with milk.

Favorite on board is whole-grain bread with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers, tea, and fruit. Royal used to have canned figs, which I liked very much. Not sure if those survived the cutbacks.

3 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Favorite at home is well-crisped corned beef hash (preferably homemade) with two over-easy fried eggs and coffee or strong English tea with milk.

Favorite on board is whole-grain bread with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers, tea, and fruit.

WOW..... just had it this morning at home and homemade....

Can't get enough Smoke Salmon.....