Pictures of the VERY SAD Mast Grill / buffet burgers...

NutsAboutGolf

Just now, LouChamp said:

Aloha. I am so happy you mentioned Bialys! Growing up in Manhattan thee was a bialy store near me. To this day, I have yet to find any similar. I did not  write about it as I didn’t think many would know about it lol!

You just have to find what every line does well and steer towards that food. For instance, I order pizza on Princess, Guy's burgers on Carnival, but skip them on X (although on X they had enough pizza demand that I could get a slice when it was fresh out of the oven). The same goes for buffet desserts on X, which are now mostly just bland cakes (except for baclava day), so I get my sugar from the ice cream bar. That extends to the rest of the buffet and the MDR, so if I see a lackluster evening menu I'll check out the buffet or go to the sushi place instead. So overall Carnival has the worst food at sea, but if I go with Guy's burgers, Blue Iguana Mexican food, and Indian vegetarian dinners, then I really love their food (and I like their ice cream machine better than the sludge on Princess and Royal). After two disappointing Mast burgers, I learned not to go back, and to stock some backup food in my cabin if I'm hungry and between buffet times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. I am so happy you mentioned Bialys! Growing up in Manhattan thee was a bialy store near me. To this day, I have yet to find any similar. I did not  write about it as I didn’t think many would know ab

How about Kosar's? 

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

How about Kosar's? 

Aloha. Right down the block from me on Grand Street where I was born. It is now modernized and they recently opened a store in Hudson Yards around 10th Avenue and 33 rd Street. Delicious!

48 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Right down the block from me on Grand Street where I was born. It is now modernized and they recently opened a store in Hudson Yards around 10th Avenue and 33 rd Street. Delicious!

My parents grew up in Queens and I was born in Long Island, we moved to FL when I was 3. We recently returned from NYC( took an Oceania Bermuda cruise) and had bagels from 3 different places.  I also had a Knish from Yonah Schimmel.  It was very disappointing.  The clerk MICROWAVED it.   

10 hours ago, calicakes said:

My parents grew up in Queens and I was born in Long Island, we moved to FL when I was 3. We recently returned from NYC( took an Oceania Bermuda cruise) and had bagels from 3 different places.  I also had a Knish from Yonah Schimmel.  It was very disappointing.  The clerk MICROWAVED it.   

My grandmother used to take me to Yonah Schimmel in the 1960s. I don’t think they ever cleaned the place lol but it was delicious.  Have not been there for many years. Also, Streits matzoh although they moved to New Jersey years ago. Good and beautiful memories. Bermuda is a beautiful island. Have been sailing there since the 1970s and wife and kids would fly every Memorial Day Weekend for about 15 years and cruise there too with Celebrity, RCCL, HAL etc etc. all the best to you we could probably go on for hours hijacking the thread!!!

On 5/18/2023 at 9:39 AM, 2chiefs said:

We just got off the Adventure of the Seas last week and their burgers looked great at the Windjammer. They even melted the cheese on top with different types of cheeses. They never used to melt the cheese on their burgers so we were initially impressed. They looked so good but what a disappointment! They were actually worse than what they used to serve. They were bland and I felt they added some sort of filler to the meat.

The last Mast Grill burger we had was on the Reflection in 2018 and we really liked it. Too bad RCL and X don't have a nice burger joint for lunch. It doesn't seem like it would be very hard to do with little or no real effort or investment.

We enjoyed Johnny Rockets burgers on the Royal ships.  But you have to pay additional for one.

Has anyone noticed  better offerings at the buffet for dinner..?

Several ongoing reviews have highlighted  improvements in variety of  choices and quality..esp compared to the MDR..

It.would be good to hear some positives!

• Haha 1