It's Official. Coral Princess 18th October Singapore to Freo Cancelled

I saw there was discussion on this forum as to whether this cruise would be cancelled and I received the news from Princess today. We were travelling with six friends who have never cruised before and of course they are all very disappointed...as am I.

We will get all our money back of course but cruises from and to Freo are limited. Princess have suggested we book  the earlier cruise that sails from Fremantle to Singapore. Unfortunately there are very few cabins left.

Back to the drawing board.

cheers

Stu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuartm said:

I saw there was discussion on this forum as to whether this cruise would be cancelled and I received the news from Princess today. We were travelling with six friends who have never cruised before and of course they are all very disappointed...as am I.

We will get all our money back of course but cruises from and to Freo are limited. Princess have suggested we book  the earlier cruise that sails from Fremantle to Singapore. Unfortunately there are very few cabins left.

cheers

Stu

March 1st..2014 Royal Caribbean Brilliance O.S. leaves Freo to Sydney via  southern cities incl Tas, Around NZ and finishes Sydney.. 

12 hours ago, Stuartm said:

cheers

Stu

Stu

i am sorry that this has happened to your group. We were booked on this cruise too and it was only through Arxcards mentioning it on these boards that I caught the possibility of the cruise being cancelled. We were travelling with friends and both of us contacted Princess to be told that the cruise WILL be going ahead. My friend was even told that to cancel it would cost the company too much compensation. The fact that the cruise is still up on the website clearly shows that they are only interested in taking your money even though the cruise is not happening. I know that they can only give out what information the company gives them but if we are asking surely they should be questioning management.

We decided to transfer to the one in Sept leaving from Perth and luckily managed to get the same category of suite but even that has now been dropped to 11 days and we are hoping that nothing more gets changed. 

I am disappointed that this cruise is still showing this morning. There is no benefit in them booking you to something they need to refund - double the effort for nought, for everyone involved.

I looked-up this cruise yesterday, so it generates an email from Princess encouraging me to book. The wording is ironic

Screenshot_20230519_074342_Email.thumb.jpg.5438c2418737317ed183f54a5a0adddb.jpg

Edited by arxcards

1 hour ago, wintrev said:

Stu

i am sorry that this has happened to your group. We were booked on this cruise too and it was only through Arxcards mentioning it on these boards that I caught the possibility of the cruise being cancelled. We were travelling with friends and both of us contacted Princess to be told that the cruise WILL be going ahead. My friend was even told that to cancel it would cost the company too much compensation. The fact that the cruise is still up on the website clearly shows that they are only interested in taking your money even though the cruise is not happening. I know that they can only give out what information the company gives them but if we are asking surely they should be questioning management.

We decided to transfer to the one in Sept leaving from Perth and luckily managed to get the same category of suite but even that has now been dropped to 11 days and we are hoping that nothing more gets changed.

I agree that Princess definitely should not be advertising a cruise that they have had to cancel. However, I don't believe it is that they are deliberately taking money for a cruise they know won't happen - it is simply a mistake. Princess can be so inefficient. We have experienced it many, many times, too many to mention.

38 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree that Princess definitely should not be advertising a cruise that they have had to cancel. However, I don't believe it is that they are deliberately taking money for a cruise they know won't happen - it is simply a mistake. Princess can be so inefficient. We have experienced it many, many times, too many to mention.

Royal Caribbean also cancels cruises and leaves them for sale on their website.

I had a cruise booked with them, and they decided to send the ship elsewhere. They sent cancellation letters out and posted the new itinerary on their website. However, we had a feeling that it would be cancelled about a month before, as Cruisemapper showed the new itinerary and no longer showed the ship coming to Australia. The cancellation letters didn't come until just after the final payment was due!

Royal Caribbean left the original Australian cruise up on the website, and people were still joining our old roll call saying they had just booked up to a week afterwards. I suspect that they were hoping that some of these people would keep their booking credit for a future cruise and not find a cruise with a rival company.

46 minutes ago, colourbird said:

Royal Caribbean also cancels cruises and leaves them for sale on their website.

I had a cruise booked with them, and they decided to send the ship elsewhere. They sent cancellation letters out and posted the new itinerary on their website. However, we had a feeling that it would be cancelled about a month before, as Cruisemapper showed the new itinerary and no longer showed the ship coming to Australia. The cancellation letters didn't come until just after the final payment was due!

Royal Caribbean left the original Australian cruise up on the website, and people were still joining our old roll call saying they had just booked up to a week afterwards. I suspect that they were hoping that some of these people would keep their booking credit for a future cruise and not find a cruise with a rival company.

They all do it, and it is more about not letting the cat out of the bag until they have had time to notify the affected passengers. Officially, it is only supposed to be travel agents and those booked on the 18th October cruise that know of the cancellation. The speculation begins as soon as a cruise can no longer be booked. Carnival goofed last year when their brand ambassador announced the big news of Carnival Spirit basing in the US. Good news for everyone, except those already booked for the same times on Brisbane departures.

These days though, they need to find a smarter way, because we are much more efficient at sharing information these days. No way my T/A would accept a booking for one of those affected cruises, as he knows he would be doing a lot of work for $0 commission.

• Like 1

There's a difference between being disorganised and being dishonest. If they have notified even one passenger that the cruise is cancelled but  then take deposit money from potential new passengers, I  think the ACCC would be interested, because that is fraudulent

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

There's a difference between being disorganised and being dishonest. If they have notified even one passenger that the cruise is cancelled but  then take deposit money from potential new passengers, I  think the ACCC would be interested, because that is fraudulent

Well said and exactly my thoughts. All they have to do is change it to currently not available like they do so often with other ones. When they changed our cruise from 12 to 11 days the cruise disappeared completely off the website so it can be done (I checked when I received the email notifiying me of the change to see what was exactly listed).

My PVP rang as I was reading the email on Friday.   She organised to cancel me but the journey is still showing on my phone - I guess they haven't had time to keep up but its abit rich not at least cancelling the cruise from their website.   She was trying to sell me another Princess cruise but the prices shot up by thousands in some cases, so they had time to do that.  I only agreed to a purchase at the old price but bosses said no.   The prices have since come down, but not quite the price a month ago.   So Princess lost out with me, but RCCL had a real sale last Friday so I booked a transpacific.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

It won't open up, but should download to your PC when clicked, where it can be opened. Sourced from 

2024CoralCancelation6417Memo.pdf (princess.com)

FINALLY - they have removed the cruise. Can’t believe they left it up for a week after notifying people. Feel sorry for those who bought a cabin in good faith during that time.

Thanks Arxcards for sharing all your insights in this whole matter. You have helped us hopefully still have a great cruise next year fingers crossed.

21 minutes ago, judithann423 said:

I wonder what is going to happen to the next cruise ???  Presumably it will go ahead as planned??

The next cruise is a Panama Canal one mid-November so she has plenty of time to get over there.

10 hours ago, judithann423 said:

I wonder what is going to happen to the next cruise ???  Presumably it will go ahead as planned??

Until earlier this month, the cruise that has been cancelled was the final cruise in the schedule. Princess have decided to relocate the ship, and the final cruise back to Fremantle was the odd one out. There is still a gap in their schedule which should be filled soon.

Currently her final Australian based cruise departs Fremantle on 15th September 2024, arriving in Singapore on 26th. She then goes into drydock presumably till mid-October. The remaining gap in the schedule will likely be filled with a relocation cruise from Singapore to Los Angeles, where she departs for her next scheduled cruise through the Panama Canal on 17th November. Given there is a gap of around a month, there could also be a Californian Coastal squeezed in after the relocation.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Scratch that California Coastal thought.

The relocation includes Japan, and a call in Honolulu on 10th November plus Lahaina the following day.

Have you got an itinerary of Coral Princess relocation back to US ?

4 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Have you got an itinerary of Coral Princess relocation back to US ?

Not at this stage Sarah, just some new port entries for Honolulu, Lahaina & San Pedro, plus the Honolulu entry quotes Yokohama as the previous port.

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not at this stage Sarah, just some new port entries for Honolulu, Lahaina & San Pedro, plus the Honolulu entry quotes Yokohama as the previous port.

In late 2024. I be interested to see what materialises. I'm looking for something in second half of 2024 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 9:28 AM, icat2000 said:

In late 2024. I be interested to see what materialises. I'm looking for something in second half of 2024 

The missing puzzle piece has finally been added.

It is a nice itinerary from Singapore, 8 x Asian ports, then 2 x Hawaii and onto LA, departing 17th October. It would be really nice to B2B with a Panama cruise, then jump ship for something in the Caribbean.

Cruise Details - 32-Day Southeast Asia, Hawaii & Pacific Crossing - Princess Cruises

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

The missing puzzle piece has finally been added.

It is a nice itinerary from Singapore, 8 x Asian ports, then 2 x Hawaii and onto LA, departing 17th October. It would be really nice to B2B with a Panama cruise, then jump ship for something in the Caribbean.

Cruise Details - 32-Day Southeast Asia, Hawaii & Pacific Crossing - Princess Cruises

Great interesting itinerary until I saw all the sea days!!