Amsterdam, Movenpick to Schipol for early flight

There is frequent train service from Amsterdam Centraal train station to Schiphol at that time of day.  I looked on the ns.nl/en website, and selected Journey Planner.  There is a train at 4:46, 5:15, 5:31 etc and the journey time is 15-17 minutes.  You can buy your train ticket at easy to use machines in Centraal station.  The Amsterdam Centraal train station is 2 stops on tram 26 from the tram line right out front of the hotel. (the name of that tram stop is Muziekgeb.Bimhaus, be sure to take the tram going in the direction of the train station!).  I don't know the frequency of the tram at that time of day.

Alternatively, you can walk (approx 9 minutes) to the far right of the block of buildings that includes the hotel, to bus stop 'B' in this photo (Jan Schaeferbrug bus halte ie stop), and catch GVB bus #246 to Schiphol, bus journey time approx 40 minutes.  I couldn't enter Movenpick hotel as a starting point, so had to use the bus stop out from of the hotel instead.  If I was doing this route I'd likely walk along the back of the buidlings on the water side down to the 'B' location bus stop. Website for this info is 9292.nl/en. There is a GVB bus at 4:48am arriving at Schiphol at 5:29.  I've used these buses from other locations in Amsterdam and found them to be extremely reliable.

image.thumb.png.eb861bf1c6f61ca3d8d956e9484e85a3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OP you should have no trouble having the hotel call a taxi for you...Of course your choice to do this or take the train. Get to Schiphol early as you never know. Our arrival into this airport was a mess but when we left from our cruise ship to get back it was easy.

• Like 1

Schiphol is better organized this year (at least spring did not made the worldwide headlines..) but I will go @Raisinette, tram might not run that early on that part so walk to the station enjoying the fresh air before a long flight home, take one of the 5-5:30 trains. The early morning trains (not the Nachtnet/hourly Night train except the last one) will have a lot of airport workers going in for their early shifts. Get a healthy breakfast at the La Place restaurant(s) at Plaza before you check in. Can't go wrong with the train option.

The current advised arrival time for intercontinental flights is 3-4 hours before departure. Normally that is 3 hours and 2 hours for intra-Europe.

@CruiserBruce's advice is also an option, after sightseeing retreat to the airport and settle in for a good night's rest, might save you an hour of sleep. There's indoor connected Sheraton, an Hilton further away and a funky CitizenM (covered outdoor walkway). And there's lodging inside the terminal, can't get any closer to your gate and which you can check in the night before your flight.

I guess it is all about what your plans are for Amsterdam after disembarking?

• Thanks 1

A piggyback question -- we'll be staying one post-cruise Saturday night in late July at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel across from the Leidseplein.  Our flight back to the U.S leaves the next day, Sunday, around 1pm.   Since it's a Sunday, should we be okay taking a cab to Schiphol?  

Thanks!

On 5/23/2023 at 5:35 PM, Turtles06 said:

A piggyback question -- we'll be staying one post-cruise Saturday night in late July at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel across from the Leidseplein.  Our flight back to the U.S leaves the next day, Sunday, around 1pm.   Since it's a Sunday, should we be okay taking a cab to Schiphol?  

Thanks!

Yes...Your hotel can call a taxi for you.

• Like 1