Cabin availability

Is there a way to see how many cabins are available for an upcoming cruise-looking at Bermuda in August and Royal rep on phone said, "only 7 interiors left-better book soon"  I'm in sales too, so...  but was curious how much soon I should book based on availability

Thanks

7 minutes ago, peacefrog said:

Is there a way to see how many cabins are available for an upcoming cruise-looking at Bermuda in August and Royal rep on phone said, "only 7 interiors left-better book soon"  I'm in sales too, so...  but was curious how much soon I should book based on availability

Thanks

Which date and for how many guests

Royals website is fairly accurate if there are less than 50 staterooms available

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, peacefrog said:

Thanks

If you are seeing 2 on this deck, 1 mid ship, 3 on another deck. If it's less than 5 it's usually accurate. Do a mock booking.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royals website is fairly accurate if there are less than 50 staterooms available

I agree; go to the website and put in your dates to see what is available.  Keep in mind too that final payments have to be made 3 months out (90 days) so there might be more rooms open due to cancellations or rebookings. 

• Like 1

Just now, peacefrog said:

yes  this is what I was looking for-where do you get access to that

thanks

That is from Royals site that travel agents book through.  It is the most accurate of any of the sites including Royal's consumer site.

3 minutes ago, peacefrog said:

yes  this is what I was looking for-where do you get access to that

thanks

I can go to the rcl site and pretend to book and I was about to say I see 4 at the lowest price and 4 more for and aft that cost a extra $638. Easy to count there are so few. Just click on the decks and count. 2 aft of the more expensive 4 mid ship etc. 

20230518_142330476.jpeg

20230518_142503846.jpeg

2 minutes ago, peacefrog said:

ahhh  gotcha

also I'm assuming AVL means available and GTY's Guaranteed?

what is a guaranteed room

thanks for the help

Gty means when you do a mock booking click on let them choose your cabin. ..since you are travelling with another cabin, if you want the cabins close together this doesnt work. They could give you cabins on opposite ends and far spread decks. Dec 3 and 9 for instance, for and aft.

Just now, peacefrog said:

ok  so you have to select room to see this

I was choosing to let them pick room because it really doesn't matter location wise

Ok if you dont care if the 2 cabins are spread out .. go for it. But ships have been selling out lately. Dont wait too long.  

7 minutes ago, peacefrog said:

ahhh  gotcha

also I'm assuming AVL means available and GTY's Guaranteed?

what is a guaranteed room

thanks for the help

Yes avl is available you pick the room out of the available inventory.  It this case you get to choose which room out of 4 available.

For the gty (guarantee rooms royal will assign a room sometime up to the day of sailing.

Royal's public website is garbage for mock bookings. I don't have access to any travel agent booking engines, however the two third party websites I use are extremely user friendly and anyone can easily see all cabins available with an interactive display of each deck. One of those sites rhymes with Tea Planner, the other with Brew On.

For your sailing there are 50 Promenade view interior cabins available as well, so you may get those cabins as well.

Also what hasn't been mentioned is that with the "RoyalUp" program, I assume several interior cabins will come available closer to sail date that you will not see now, These cruisers may win upgrade bids, and thus you may get assigned their cabin very close to sailing date. I'm pretty sure this happened to me a few years ago.... following a ship I booked a GTY balcony and checked daily to watch the cabin inventory. The cabin I received was no way ever available on the list I was watching online leading up to my assignment.

Available inventory doesn't indicate the way it used to.  It is no longer absolute. 

"Seven cabins left" used to mean there are seven cabins left.  Today that has become... there are seven cabins available at this moment in time. 

In the past Royal would open a ship and every cabin was available to be booked.  They are moving away from that.  Now they are purposely holding back inventory, releasing it in blocks at various dates over months.

From a call center agent perspective there may be just seven cabins in a specific category that can be booked at this moment in time.  That's is all that agent can see.  That agent doesn't see what has been booked and what hasn't been opened for booking yet, they just see what is available or unavailable.  Unavailable does not mean it's been booked.  The agent doesn't know. 

From the May 4, 2023 RCCL Investors call Q&A:

Jason Liberty -- Chief Executive Officer (responding to an analyst's question)

Yes. Well, we actually, through the COVID period, had kind of shifted how we go to market with our inventory. We used to kind of put everything out there and all the suites would be sold basically right off the bat. And then you would kind of work your way down to the inside cabins.

Well, now we hold back inventory and we release it, based off, of the much more sophisticated revenue management models that we have today. And so, all of that takes into account, you know, the demand environment we are seeing and that's why I think sometimes when we get into conversations around what percent booked are you? How does it relate to this period versus that period? What we are really focused on is optimizing yield. And so, there might be periods where, you know, quarter over quarter or year over year, we want to be in a stronger book position or less -- or lesser than what we were booked in a previous period because what we're focused on is maximizing yield, which, sometimes, you know, comes with us having more inventory to sell.

Edited by twangster

3 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

One of those sites rhymes with Tea Planner

This one is always nearly identical to the RC site for me. Maybe I'm the anomaly. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I assume several interior cabins will come available closer to sail date that you will not see now

Royal Up wins usually come close enough to sailing that while inventory might become available, you might not want to book at those prices (high).

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

This one is always nearly identical to the RC site for me. Maybe I'm the anomaly. 🤷‍♀️

The inventory might be the same, but finding it is a whole lot easier on that TA site.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peacefrog said:

just booked so we'll see what happens

are the promenade view rooms the same price as a regular interior

Sometimes.... sometimes they're less money as RC's algorithm dictates the price. For example if only one interior left, it'll be a silly high price and be listed as "only one left!!!". and then there'll be 50 promenades at cheaper pricing. Happens with OVs and balconys as well.

When you book an interior GTY, you can get any interior.... of higher. You get whatever you get, including the worst possible cabin in the worst location. You just never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peacefrog said:

promenade would be cool but location isn't really that important to me 

just happy to be at sea

I personally love the promenade cabins its depends on how much they cost and 95% of the time I'd bet they cost more. Sometimes you will find a anomaly and they dont cost more but it's not normal. 

My rule was I'd pay up to $100 more for a promenade but lately booking group rates and cant get these at group rates. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm seeing 8 plus more than  10 gtys

image.png.5303ae96832bbf512ee7471ef6909998.png

How are there more guarantee rooms available than regular rooms?  Can't ANY room be either?  If eight families book the first eight, does RCI say "only guarantee left?"  Why would they do that?