Cabin availability

6 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

How are there more guarantee rooms available than regular rooms?  Can't ANY room be either?  If eight families book the first eight, does RCI say "only guarantee left?"  Why would they do that?  

I think someone posted there are lots of promenades left. I was just counting the insides, not the promenades. ..I know it's just clicking on a different inside but when the op said 7 insides left I assumed he didnt mean the PR cabins. And some will royal up etc. 

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think someone posted there are lots of promenades left. I was just counting the insides, not the promenades. ..I know it's just clicking on a different inside but when the op said 7 insides left I assumed he didnt mean the PR cabins. And some will royal up etc. 

Doesn't really answer my question though.  

Let's say a ship has 100 rooms.  That allows 100 "groups" to EITHER select what room they want OR choose "guarantee".  Once 100 groups have picked their rooms, there's no guarantee availability.  OR, once 100 groups have told Royal "pick my cabin", there's no rooms left to select.  

Unless the "overbooked" rooms are guarantee (which I guess makes sense).  So the question would be how many "overbookings" do they plan for a cruise?  1%?  5%?  10%?  

24 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

How are there more guarantee rooms available than regular rooms?  Can't ANY room be either?  If eight families book the first eight, does RCI say "only guarantee left?"  Why would they do that?  

Inventory held back to government guys, purposely overselling to cover cancellations are two reasons. 

55 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I personally love the promenade cabins its depends on how much they cost and 95% of the time I'd bet they cost more. Sometimes you will find a anomaly and they dont cost more but it's not normal. 

My rule was I'd pay up to $100 more for a promenade but lately booking group rates and cant get these at group rates. 

I always thought I would like to try one.  I wonder if they are available with the group space @Ourusualbeach  

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I always thought I would like to try one.  I wonder if they are available with the group space @Ourusualbeach  

The group space for insides usually is only 4v.

I wanted a aft corner balcony on another cruise I was looking at last week. My TA said it was a 4D. Only had 2D group space, like on the hump. 

Group space is pretty limited. I did a couple promenades since restart, not sure how many. I did a b2b aft corner and a pr. I had to change to nonrefundable rates as i think i was told. 

I wanted refundable until i get moved and would have chosen other cabins and drove my TA nuts I'm sure wanting cabins not group space. With oasis class usually inside park views or ov view, not boardwalk. He doesnt have boardwalk group space when I've asked. Depends on your TA. 

Just saying I've asked. I'll let a TA explain. .. I'd choose other cabins tbh. I prefer aft view for instance. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Let's say a ship has 100 rooms.  That allows 100 "groups" to EITHER select what room they want OR choose "guarantee".  Once 100 groups have picked their rooms, there's no guarantee availability.  OR, once 100 groups have told Royal "pick my cabin", there's no rooms left to select.  

Correct. So in your example, and don't quote me on the exact numbers, let's say 50 GTY cabins are booked at the reduced price, RCI's algorithm will see this and determine that all of a sudden they're not a lot of cabins available (depending on how far to sailing date, amongst other criteria)... the algorithm will remove the GTY option leaving only the more expensive pick your own option.

10 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

. the algorithm will remove the GTY option leaving only the more expensive pick your own option.

I think more likely to remove the choose your cabin and at the end only gtys left to book. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think more likely to remove the choose your cabin and at the end only gtys left to book. 

Please include my full quote

"(depending on how far to sailing date, amongst other criteria)."