Group cruise advice

kbert92069

We want to book 5 rooms on a Celebrity Cribbean cruise for a family get together.  We have never done this so are looking for advice on how to get the best price and/or advice.  Should we call Celebrity directly or use a travel agent who specializes in groups?  

Karl

I don’t know how you get along with everyone but I would recommend not getting adjoining cabins.  Some may like it but the few times we did it was an awkward situation.   We didn’t know if they could hear us as we talked about personal issues (or them 😱).   The adjoining balcony seemed like a nice idea but it also limited our privacy when we want to be on the balcony, having private conversations, and maybe just being alone enjoying the night gazing at the stars and the distant ships and lights without anyone else around wearing only our robes, or have the curtains open during the night or when getting out of the shower, dressing in the morning and etc.  

Best to contact both Celebrity and a TA  to ask if there is a discount for a group.   

Just something to think about 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 6

I would advise to set your 'expectations' pre cruise. Some like to be tied to apron strings and others have times they want to be alone or perhaps do something that not everyone wants to do. Each person deserves to get the best band for their buck.  Perhaps .. " does anyone want to meet for lunch" MO

• Like 2

Make it easy …..

Pick a cruise, and let each couple (person) book their cabin  on their own.

You don’t have to be all together in the same spot for cabins

One may want balcony, one an inside, outside. 
If you pick a cabin and let everyone know, they can do from there 😊

Edited by janetz
  • Like 3

On 5/18/2023 at 7:23 PM, kbert92069 said:

We want to book 5 rooms on a Celebrity Cribbean cruise for a family get together.  We have never done this so are looking for advice on how to get the best price and/or advice.  Should we call Celebrity directly or use a travel agent who specializes in groups?  

Karl

I would advise that you plan your trip through a good travel agent primarily because the TA will be able to offer more attractive incentives than booking directly with Celebrity. Usually they will rebate part of their commission back to you in the form of onboard credit, free specialty dining reservation, etc. 

I don't know if your group size is large enough to earn you further discounts, but if you do qualify, you will get it whether you book through a TA or Celebrity. 

Either way, good luck with the planning and the cruising. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, janetz said:

Make it easy …..

Pick a cruise, and let each couple (person) book their cabin  on their own.

You don’t have to be all together in the same spot for cabins

One may want balcony, one an inside, outside. 
If you pick a cabin and let everyone know, they can do from there 😊

—————————-

10 hours ago, janetz said:

I totally agree with this.  I have been the head of a few organizations and and also chairing activities, parties, banquets and etc.   I wouldn’t want to have to deal with an arranging a travel group especially with a family if you want to keep good relations and peace with them

I am also thinking if you did get a special group price it would have to be for the same category.  Then another would be what if someone decided not to go, would you lose the group discount?  If you did would  you want to be the person responsible for the extra cost and trying to collect from the others. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched