TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

What an interesting weekend this is going to be here on Cruise Critic with all these live reviews going on. I'll be glued to my phone and laptop! I have a feeling that things will be even more interesting as the day progresses! :classic_biggrin:

Right, I didn't have any plans for this 3 day weekend but looks like I will be entertained nonetheless and on the cheap😁

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

You got to be kidding! I will be on the same ship as the world wide favorite and famous Megan??? This cruise just got special💜

It’ll be fantastic… as long as we get our luggage. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Wow that's heartbreaking. Worse case scenario if it comes to that point does luggage follow you to ports to retrieve if you have to get on the ship without it??

This happened a lot last summer with Eurpean travel. I had 3 separate friends who all lost luggage. None of them got them while on the trip. Last summer all the airlines had problems in this area. I lucked out for my trip to Rome for my Seabourne cruise but we definitely packed with losing luggage in our thought? We did 1 rolling bag  with 2 days worth of stuff( including suits). We also didn’t do all of 1 persons stuff in 1 suitcase. A little bit in each. That way if 1 bag got lost we would at least have some stuff? Last summer it seemed like it was usually 1 persons bag( not the WHOLE planes!) going missing!

• Like 5

Just now, Thenagers said:

This happened a lot last summer with Eurpean travel. I had 3 separate friends who all lost luggage. None of them got them while on the trip. Last summer all the airlines had problems in this area. I lucked out for my trip to Rome for my Seabourne cruise but we definitely packed with losing luggage in our thought? We did 1 rolling bag  with 2 days worth of stuff( including suits). We also didn’t do all of 1 persons stuff in 1 suitcase. A little bit in each. That way if 1 bag got lost we would at least have some stuff? Last summer it seemed like it was usually 1 persons bag( not the WHOLE planes!) going missing!

Last summer we did a Baltics cruise from Copenhagen.  The amount of luggage stacked to the side and stuck in Copenhagen airport!! 😳 Lining the walls of baggage claim and up and down the hall. THOUSANDS of bags stranded in Copenhagen over last summer.  We're almost always carry on only.  Now, for sure we are. No way.

(On the other hand, if you have good insurance for this sort of thing 🤔)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I'm sitting here watching the news about how crazy travel is for Memorial day as it just hit me. I will be traveling Labor Day weekend for my next cruise🤦I am totally rethinking what I have booked and think I will try carry on only for the first time since it's only 6 nights.

I have never looked into this but would definitely consider it if the price is right? Worth getting a quote? https://www.luggagefree.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwscGjBhAXEiwAswQqNItanbakENRnrjxDSBIZOF6ORUn9fKz7kUsWobjSplyrfAYvXGdx7RoC8soQAvD_BwE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thenagers said:

I have never looked into this but would definitely consider it if the price is right? Worth getting a quote? https://www.luggagefree.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwscGjBhAXEiwAswQqNItanbakENRnrjxDSBIZOF6ORUn9fKz7kUsWobjSplyrfAYvXGdx7RoC8soQAvD_BwE

Never heard of this, will definitely check it out, thanks.

12 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

Last summer we did a river cruise on Viking with some longtime friends. We flew JFK-Brussels-Munich and were fortunate that everything worked according to schedule and our luggage showed up with us. Our friends weren't so fortunate - they were scheduled to fly Philadelphia-Toronto-Munich; the flight to Toronto was late and they missed the connection in Toronto. There were no additional flights to Munich scheduled, but our TA managed to get them on a flight out of Montreal - which meant taking a train to Montreal to get that flight. Needless to say, all they had when they reached Munich was their carry-ons. They said the piles of luggage in the airport were unbelievable. Since they had booked air through Viking, they were able to be reimbursed for their shopping trip to TK Maxx (same as TJ Maxx) - but shopping for clothes in European sizes is an adventure. All of their bags except one eventually caught up with them about halfway through the cruise, in Vienna. The last bag showed up at their house about two weeks after they returned home.

• Like 4

No news from BA. Bags are still in London, they’re “locating them” all we could get was that she would “escalate” our claim….

looks like we may be on a European shopping spree tomorrow 

IMG_0140.jpeg.9d3ea5545d4d65ab710e311b6b900ff9.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

No news from BA. Bags are still in London, they’re “locating them” all we could get was that she would “escalate” our claim….

looks like we may be on a European shopping spree tomorrow 

IMG_0140.jpeg.9d3ea5545d4d65ab710e311b6b900ff9.jpeg

We will definitely need a full try on, fashion show set to “Puttin on the Ritz” ala National Lampoons European Vacation. Please and thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

"Bags are still in London, they’re “locating them” all we could get was that she would “escalate” our claim…"

Manage your expectations.  I very much doubt that any BA staff are locating them - all BA staff and contracted agents who are on duty are dealing with the ongoing mess of today's flights, there are many more cancellations today.  They simply don't have any staff spare to deal with mishandled bags.  All mislaid baggage gets handed over by BA to a third party company who then do the track / trace / forward to new destination.

When BA lost my bag a couple of years ago it was six weeks before it got to me, with zero updates in the intervening period.  But I kept all the receipts for replacement clothing that I had to buy and BA paid the claim within a few days, I charged them almost EUR600 for replacement items

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1