TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

6 hours ago, HelloItsMeB said:

The guy next to me is doing exercises from his lounge chair. Thanks for making us all look bad, very fit sir. 

There’s something wrong, in my mind, to be exercising while on vacation, ESPECIALLY while sitting in a lounge chair at the pool!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

those were STUFFED? 

I was on the ship for 31 days last May/June and I ordered it twice and both times that's how it was presented. It was basically two forks full of chopped mushrooms. At first I thought it was supply chain issues but I ordered it on the first week and the last week of my 31 days and that's how it was presented both times. Whatsmore I had ordered stuffed mushrooms two separate times at David's Steakhouse and the were served properly, so it wasn't supply chain issues but cutbacks.The picture below is the stuffed mushrooms from the Steakhouse last May on the Pride so evidently they knew what stuffed mushrooms are and had the ingredients to do it properly.

PXL_20220524_181118187.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 8

Home again. Early morning in Gibraltar… guests ashore at 7:15. We won’t be that early, but not too much later. This is one of the two days we don’t have anything booked in advance, just gonna walk into town and wing it 

IMG_0713.thumb.jpeg.dee7db2542427bfd35676a7181d3b326.jpeg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Spoiler alert: the serenity bar doesn’t actually have buckets. They sell them, yes, but the physical bucket supply is apparently the issue 

IMG_0596.thumb.jpeg.bfa358891c9892238cf686c3224736e9.jpeg

Would you be so kind as to post the entire picture?  I can't see parts of it. Very interested in ambers, lagers, crafts, etc.  Thanks in advance, we will be on her in June.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

I swore I wasn’t gonna play anymore tonight but THEY ARE SO FAT AND READY

IMG_0663.thumb.jpeg.38678bdb82b65d550ce99deafc1c2a62.jpeg

HaHa that game frustrated me to no end on my last cruise. They would be sooooo fat and then not pop for ages, especially when I had a show to get to. Saw a lady win a $2800 hand pay on day one betting 75 cents! That's what got me hooked playing it lol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Key lime mousse

IMG_0702.thumb.jpeg.83c4582057386ca7b7e3a1d787a4b66a.jpeg

My son is here today after a round of golf, Fireballs, beer and Liquid IV.    I showed him this dessert, and his immediately question was whether or not I could make it.   I’ll try it.

I'm the cook in the family, and am willing to try to cook/bake anything.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Home again. Early morning in Gibraltar… guests ashore at 7:15. We won’t be that early, but not too much later. This is one of the two days we don’t have anything booked in advance, just gonna walk into town and wing it 

IMG_0713.thumb.jpeg.dee7db2542427bfd35676a7181d3b326.jpeg

It’s so easy to get a bus tour to go up the mountain or take the cable car. The monkeys are not to be missed. They are a riot. I could have watched them all day. I’d skip the caves, but the monkeys are so fun!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

OK, that looks fine for the stuffed mushrooms. Here's a picture of the SAME appetiser on the SAME ship last June 2nd. And you wonder why there were complaints last year about the food on the Pride. 

PXL_20220602_190500074~2.jpg

That looks like sauteed mushrooms, not stuffed. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Key lime mousse

IMG_0702.thumb.jpeg.83c4582057386ca7b7e3a1d787a4b66a.jpeg

I really wanted to not like this weird concoction of a dessert.  But it was actually so good lol.  They had it on lido buffet one night, I went for seconds.

Edited by StephPS79
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

That looks like sauteed mushrooms, not stuffed. :classic_cool:

Correct, but that's what was served last year on the Pride when you ordered the Stuffed mushrooms. There's no appetiser called sauteed mushrooms on the Carnival dinner menu. There were a lot more issues like this with the food on the Pride. Did you know I couldn't get HOT oatmeal in the buffet? The soup toureens that they used to hold the oatmeal only kept it lukewarm. It was the same in both locations in the buffet. 

1 hour ago, Beav1279 said:

Any luck on getting the hockey game to stream? If not, Dallas fans aren't missing much... Vegas is up 3-0 at the end of the 1st period.

Golden Knights on to the Finals 6-0  !!!   Woo Hoo!!

Edited by Calnev1
  • Like 2