TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

15 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

@TxTeach79 I coached youth baseball for 17 years and I was surprised how many 8 to 14 year old's wanted to be # 69 every year.  I didn't allow # 69 or #1.  You should get an award for teaching middle school.  

I have been teaching middle school for a few years now. And my last name is McNutt. So, bonus pay?

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Passed a school field trip and I had a physical reaction. Some things are universal. #toosoon

IMG_1330.thumb.jpeg.c642ecd457491b621d06bcc8e123d632.jpeg

Uggh.  After retiring from my "real" job I tried to "do good" by substitute teaching math in the Clark County high school/middle schools.  Looking back, I am surprised I was able to do it for a whole year before I quit.  Middle school was the worst.

Edited by Calnev1
I have trouble with English. Sometimes.
  • Like 1

This may be a silly question, but Heck, I'll ask anyways because you guys seem to know a lot about this ship.  Will I have access to a microwave anywhere on the ship?  I like my special Kettle corn popcorn!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, shiner6 said:

This may be a silly question, but Heck, I'll ask anyways because you guys seem to know a lot about this ship.  Will I have access to a microwave anywhere on the ship?  I like my special Kettle corn popcorn!!

Short answer no microwaves on Carnival ships. Could be wrong about suites, but certainly none for general use. No need to have your kettle popcorn take up room in luggage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

There was a CC thread about the lack of crunchy snacks on board.  You could get individual bags of popped corn (like Smart Pop) at the Embarkation port and bring aboard since it's sealed up.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Short answer no microwaves on Carnival ships. Could be wrong about suites, but certainly none for general use. No need to have your kettle popcorn take up room in luggage.

No, absolutely not. I would say that would be across all cruise lines. FIRE HAZZARD 

4 hours ago, thethirdhalf said:

Don't forget to see if you can't find a cheap corkscrew today on land for those bottles of wine.

just got back to the ship - this is the first post I read as we cracked open our bottle of red from Colares with our Porto magnet/corkscrew combo 😂😂

IMG_1503.thumb.jpeg.7c5000842ad9968a22112e1ab78966bf.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

no, but the gift shop has tons of crunchy snacks, and there’s a million options in port 

So things got weird at this point. Our Uber driver was stopped at a checkpoint. He gets pulled aside by police, and we can’t understand them, but they’re clearly asking for a document he doesn’t have….

IMG_1332.thumb.jpeg.22690e748e8ce574fdce73f3f9cc69d2.jpeg

he seemed very nervous, and told us we were close, we should get out. Don’t have to ask us twice. 

IMG_1333.thumb.jpeg.3400324481fcdd1faa8b9cdb66d07acf.jpeg

we looked back, and they were in his trunk. I hope our pal is okay. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

We had tickets for the 11am entry. It’s so popular that they meter people in by the half hour. Turns out we had the premium tickets that get you free books and let’s you skip the line, but we didn’t know that. Oops. Oh well. The weather was perfection, there was live music in the street, and we were in in five minutes. 

IMG_1340.thumb.jpeg.9f801e14ada4da192722522a0b0a7f8e.jpeg

IMG_1341.thumb.jpeg.70fe0066c7501285d6e4062a8cb1f877.jpeg

IMG_1342.thumb.jpeg.cb889661f4d9fa8342c15a053b943eb1.jpeg

• Like 12

Look, if it was about what I’m really gonna sit and read in the next few weeks, I’d have gotten this Grisham book and plowed through it in two days….

IMG_1357.thumb.jpeg.3f93e580fe196bde3e87044ebc45fdcf.jpeg

but somehow, in here, that felt wrong… so I got a copy of my favorite “classic” from the Hemingway library with author’s notes I’ve never seen and B got a cool copy of 1984

IMG_1386.thumb.jpeg.6d15f564e189943cd9cd2e62887a64a6.jpeg

IMG_1362.thumb.jpeg.29f55fc978ce27bfe75251f789c61d6f.jpeg

• Like 16

Our guide, Joao, has a leather baby yoda backpack. He’s 23 and a wealth of knowledge and all around fun guy, born and raised in Porto

IMG_1390.thumb.jpeg.50e84f9d753b56bcba09259d423027d6.jpeg

this is the entire tour. The two of us, and Abby from Chicago. 

IMG_1391.thumb.jpeg.396cf34f337a5bc9a0afebf43fb73c55.jpeg

• Like 11