TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

Walked through a park to a pub around the corner- I was unaware of the British urge to drink in the street OUTSIDE the pub…. Most of the joints were half full at best on the inside, but like this outside 

IMG_3455.thumb.jpeg.61df326088c8eb901b6090e239d8070e.jpeg

• Like 10

Okay, this one stopped me in my tracks. Oak Highlands Brewery is in Dallas. Not only that, it’s around the corner from where I grew up. My 20th high school reunion was there. It’s not a huge brewery…. The odds I would see one of their beers on a menu here in London…

IMG_3453.thumb.jpeg.72ae60f3ce5157c8ed09fd1b76e10d29.jpeg

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Walked through a park to a pub around the corner- I was unaware of the British urge to drink in the street OUTSIDE the pub…. Most of the joints were half full at best on the inside, but like this outside 

It's like that throughout England, not just London. After doing a first time road trip through England post cruise I've come to the conclusion that the Brits drink way, way, way, way more than Americans do. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

At this point everyone else went to a place called the Trapeze which was loud and colorful and packed for a stand up comedy show in the basement. There will be multiple acts, it’s already getting late, I’m worn out, and we have a full day tomorrow…. So B stayed with her family and I called an Uber. My turn to call it early, my night partying went on during the cruise

IMG_3461.thumb.jpeg.d0fc9931974ca8159161915d98d3a9ad.jpeg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Literally just thought I heard the “bong” of the PA kick on and was waiting for Frankie’s announcement while lying in my hotel bed. 

Aww, so sad.  But you got another one coming up soon.  Rest well and enjoy London tomorrow. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

It's like that throughout England, not just London. After doing a first time road trip through England post cruise I've come to the conclusion that the Brits drink way, way, way, way more than Americans do. 

Absolutely spot on....and I think Americans are in the minority with ice in their beverages.

24 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Absolutely spot on....and I think Americans are in the minority with ice in their beverages.

What was the most jaw dropping  experience was with our hotel experience in the Stratford Upon Avon in England. We were staying at a Holiday Inn Express right outside Stratford Upon Avon. It's a budget brand with clean rooms and free breakfast and that's about it. We were leaving the hotel around 5pm to drive to the City Center and when we walked by the breakfast room in the lobby area I was just astounded by what I saw. Every table, and I mean every table was filled with people drinking, and this INCLUDED families with young kids. In fact the breakfast room was more crowded for drinking alcohol than it was the next morning for breakfast! Apparently Holiday Inn Express hotels in the UK all have a full bar, while NONE of the Holiday Inn Express hotels in the US have bars, only breakfast is served. I have never in my life seen ANY Hotel breakfast room packed at 5pm with people drinking. It was like a Pub.  

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Somebody’s having a fun day on floor 3

IMG_3414.thumb.jpeg.24a00ab4d76a17b2fc89f9eca8fd1f6b.jpeg

Not really.  They’re probably spending about $50 USD for a few Fireball shots that should cost about $3.00 USD (I’m purely speculating on the liquor and the cost - but NOT what it would cost me at home to make my own.)

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

I’d fit right in to find an urge to drink outside of a pub.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

• Like 2