White and Gold

Nicole&Pete

Hello all,

I would really like to know how likely a ‘white and gold’ night would be on my upcoming cruise (14 days on Sky Princess out of Southampton). Could anyone please tell me if they’ve had one on a similar length cruise?

Im not going to buy a whole new outfit but maybe some gold accessories, but I don’t ant to do that if it doesn’t happen.

Just now, travelin.sisters said:

our 15-day LA R/T Hawai'i on the Crown did, but not many people dressed in white & gold

Well apparently they have been telling people about it 2 weeks before, which is not enough time to plan everything.

We were supposed to have one on one of the formal nights one Sky 2 weeks ago. I didn’t see anyone in white and gold.

Just my opinion but it is a really naff colour combination for most folks anyway but particularly for a formal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were supposed to have one on one of the formal nights one Sky 2 weeks ago. I didn’t see anyone in white and gold.

Just my opinion but it is a really naff colour combination for most folks anyway but particularly for a formal.

Thanks, Eaglesbrech!  I wasn’t familiar with the term “naff” so I looked it up and now I learned something new.  I agree with your assessment of the color combination.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

Thanks, Eaglesbrech!  I wasn’t familiar with the term “naff” so I looked it up and now I learned something new.  I agree with your assessment of the color combination.

‘Naff’ such a British word now you mention it lol

yep agree with Eaglesbrech- naff is definitely the word I’d go for

I’m not sure many people could pull off that look! Without fancy dress- the Ancient Greek dressing up post from Rick&Jeannie has me giggling 🤭 

in on a two week sky Princess cruise in August. I’ll dress up for formal night but white and gold? I’ll pass. No one needs to see me in that 😬 😂

SF to Hawaii March 2023 on the Royal seems like 65% were participating to some extent. Our party of 7 went all out with gold evening gowns and white tuxes with gold vests. Enjoyed all the Love Boat party festivities from trivia to the games in the Piazza late night. Dance party with confetti drop was a highlight for the 5 year olds. It fell on their birthday so they thought the whole party was for them! IMHO, you get out of something what you put in. The more we participate, the more fun we havw, the more memories we make.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tutumomickey said:

SF to Hawaii March 2023 on the Royal seems like 65% were participating to some extent. Our party of 7 went all out with gold evening gowns and white tuxes with gold vests. Enjoyed all the Love Boat party festivities from trivia to the games in the Piazza late night. Dance party with confetti drop was a highlight for the 5 year olds. It fell on their birthday so they thought the whole party was for them! IMHO, you get out of something what you put in. The more we participate, the more fun we havw, the more memories we make.

There's the spirit!! 🥰

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Lol I’m not planning to wear that.

Have you seen a white and gold night on any of your recent cruises?

Yes, on the Enchanted NYE cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a White & Gold night on NYE on our recent Caribbean cruise on Ruby. My daughters and I tried to find something at the local consignment store, but only one daughter had any luck. She found a very pretty gold pleated dress. 

Not too many people were wearing white & gold, but many folks were in party clothes for NYE.

• Like 2

I thought the "White and Gold" party was a tie-in to the

"The Real Love Boat" television show.

https://www.princess.com/news/the-love-boat/

The show died quickly, although probably not was quickly as it deserved.

I don't think CBS even broadcast all the episodes they made.

So, what's the point of white and gold now?

Edited by Roberto256

26 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I thought the "White and Gold" party was a tie-in to the

"The Real Love Boat" television show.

https://www.princess.com/news/the-love-boat/

The show died quickly, although probably not was quickly as it deserved.

I don't think CBS even broadcast all the episodes they made.

Maybe just something fun to do like some of the other cruise lines that have theme nights such as RC's White Night, Disney's Pirate Night, Virgin's Red Dress Night, HAL's Orange Party, etc.. 

• Like 1

Just now, edspec said:

@Nicole&Pete I'm on the same cruise as you and I'm not seeing it in Journeyview.  Naturally, since by chande I cobbled together an outfit 😞 Oh well, it wasn't formal, just a long white skirt and shirt and gold sandals. 

I have gold sandals, so you think that counts?

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Advertising fluff. It'll attract some people who believe it to be a special night.

Not that there's anything wrong with it as long as they don't make me participate. 😑

1 hour ago, MTNest93 said:

Maybe just something fun to do like some of the other cruise lines that have theme nights such as RC's White Night, Disney's Pirate Night, Virgin's Red Dress Night, HAL's Orange Party, etc.. 

I'm very supportive of anything that cancels Jerry O'Connell quickly.

• Haha 1