Earliest flight time after returning to Ft Lauderdale

ali0617

Good morning!  I have a question about if a morning flight will work out after disembarking in Ft Lauderdale.  I will be on Liberty of the Seas from November 10-13, 2023.  It is just my husband and myself and we would easily be able to handle our own luggage.  We are scheduled to arrive in port at 6:00AM.  JetBlue just bumped up our flight home to Boston earlier to 10:10AM.  I am concerned this won't give us enough time to get off the ship and get to the airport.  The only other flight is at 4:53PM.  We are considering switching to Delta as they have a 11:05AM flight to Boston.  Would 11:05 still be too early?

Thank you for any advice!

There's always a risk that the arrival can be delayed, and that's why I always travel with insurance. But that being said, I would probably consider a 10am flight. The airport is just so damn close. If you can switch to Delta without any fees, an extra hour wouldn't hurt, but I don't think it's necessary.

Again, always a risk, and consider travel insurance. 

• 3 weeks later...

As @Zach1213 said, the airport is very close to the terminal; walking off w/your luggage will allow you plenty of time to make the 10am flight. Just be sure you're in the early group disembarking and check in for your flight the day before.

Enjoy your cruise!

9 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

check in for your flight the day before.

I'm not sure that's totally necessary with JetBlue. If OP can without having to pay for Internet onboard or in a foreign country, sure, it doesn't hurt. But I think they could just do online check in from their phone while they're waiting to get off at Port Everglades and be just fine. 

• 3 months later...

FLL is very close to Port Everglades. That being said DH and I are very risk-adverse and typically flew out of FLL no earlier than 1pm back to IAH. We'd rather sit in the club lounge than feel rushed. IMHO its all a matter of personal preference.

On 9/6/2023 at 4:21 PM, muffydawg said:

FLL is very close to Port Everglades. That being said DH and I are very risk-adverse and typically flew out of FLL no earlier than 1pm back to IAH. We'd rather sit in the club lounge than feel rushed. IMHO its all a matter of personal preference.

Not a fan of spending much time at FLL even in a club lounge.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the answers on fight times.   I was just going to ask the same thing.....how early and would a 10:20 am flight from FLL be too early for March 17th.....I still have some wiggle room to see if Jetblue adds additional flight times that may be better for cruises, but if not, I may just book that 10:20 am flight home.....thanks everyone....