French Polynesia to Hawaii

latebuyer

I'm just wondering how rough it is from french polynesia to hawaii? There was a cheap norwegian cruises on sept 27 which makes quite a few stops in hawaii. I imagine airfare to Tahiti is expensive though. Sorry wasn't sure if to post here or pacific island forum.

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

I'm just wondering how rough it is from french polynesia to hawaii?

Its not any less or more than virtually any open seas experience you can have-- it will depend on the weather. Both Tahiti and Hawaii are wonderful places to visit that are expensive in themselves so a one way cruise might overall be a good value. 

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

There was a cheap norwegian cruises on sept 27 which makes quite a few stops in hawaii. I imagine airfare to Tahiti is expensive though.

Without knowing where you are flying from its impossible to say. One way flights from LAX are about $2000 a person in coach on Air Tahiti Nui. Flights from JFK with a stop are about $2500pp. Business class bumps that up to about $5000pp one way. NCL might have some better deals based on volume. 

I am from Vancouver and could take a cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii but hearing a coworker experiencing a typhoon on the cruise doesn't make it seem that great. I guess i'm wondering if the cruise from french polynesia would be better than that. Thanks for the reply. Still thinking about this but good to have options.

6 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Without knowing where you are flying from its impossible to say. One way flights from LAX are about $2000 a person in coach on Air Tahiti Nui. Flights from JFK with a stop are about $2500pp. Business class bumps that up to about $5000pp one way. NCL might have some better deals based on volume. 

Actually, if you can grab a good coach fare from the mainland to Honolulu, Hawaiian Airlines has a once-a-week non-stop from Honolulu to Papeete for $980 round trip.  Only six hours.  We took it to catch the Paul Gauguin and do two weeks around their islands.  Makes a nice vacation.

• Like 1