Live from the Pride!

Eli_6

Funny story.  My husband and kids ran up to tell me that Ghandi was buried in La Sagrada.  I said,  "Erm no.  Not possible. Ghandi was Hindu. He'snot buried in a Catholic Church. "  

Kids confused Gaudi with Ghandi.  And my husband did not have his glasses on. 

Screenshot_20230526_193129_Photos.jpg

• Haha 20

I really like our hotel (Granados 83) except that all the bathroom doors are glass and see through.   It leaves for little privacy when doing your business. 

20230527_112627.jpg

• Haha 11

6 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I really like our hotel (Granados 83) except that all the bathroom doors are glass and see through.   It leaves for little privacy when doing your business. 

20230527_112627.jpg

We have had that issue at some hotels over the years. Weird design choice and no good for families! I have a boy and a girl so super awkward changing/bathing situation!

We walked and walked and walked today. Did 4 or 5 attractions.  Cathedral of Barcelona,  Casa Mila, some super weird art museum that was supposed to be good forkids but was actuallyhighly inappropriate, Las rambles, Gothic area, a park next to the zoo.So pooped.  Soaking my feet in our little pool.

I highly recommend our Hotel Granados 83 or at least staying in the Eixample district.   We were down in the tourist area today and I did not like it.  Too busy. Too crowded. Way too many people.  Way too much traffic.   

20230527_190043.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I highly recommend our Hotel Granados 83 or at least staying in the Eixample district. 

That is the neighborhood we always stay. We have multiple hotels we've stayed in over the past 20 years. My recommendations are always for that neighborhood. There's a new lidl nearby that's great for last minute purchases. Or multiple Aldis. 

• Like 7

Before and after. Omg, food in this city is sooooo good!!!  Only bad meal I have had was McDonald's.  (Don't judge me.  Younger son wanted to try Spain McDonald's.)  Every single thing I have eaten (except McDs) has been 10 out of 10.

20230527_213017.jpg

20230527_214150.jpg

• Like 9

Some of the artwork from the Moco museum.  Not my cup of tea, but I guess different strokes for different folks??? Some of the other artworks might get me banned if I posted pics.  

Screenshot_20230527_221708_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230527_221750_Photos.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2