Live from the Pride!

Eli_6

40 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

.that's probably partially my own issues because I have construction ptsd after our 18-months, 300k remodel that was supposed to cost 150k and be done in 3 months.

I hear you on that one. Having work done as we speak myself. Stress! Had new sidewalks poured. The expansion joints (those lines in the concrete) don't all look perfectly straight. I expected better since the company we chose works on major renovation projects on commercial buildings in downtown Philly.And it's ridiculously expensive! We'll see how this gets remedied.  

• Like 2

Perhaps the next time you are in Britain, you can take your boys (just the right age) for an eerie, late night Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London?  The website for Historic Royal Palaces has the details.  The atmosphere is spectacular...and your boys will remember the items on display and the tales they heard on the guided tour this year.

• Like 2

Today was Lisbon!  Love ❤️ 😍 💖 Portugal! We went to sintra.  Did private tour booked through viator. E.hello tours.  Was amazing!!!!  Went to so many places. 

Screenshot_20230531_194422_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230531_190800.jpg

20230531_144548.jpg

20230531_144214.jpg

20230531_142252.jpg

20230531_140625.jpg

20230531_140046.jpg

• Like 12

On 5/30/2023 at 1:04 PM, bar1068 said:

No wonder Heald never answered my questions!! Very disappointing. Thanks.

JH noted that David was being removed in one of his Pride updates two or three weeks ago. 

As an aside,  we did the Galician Gardens or something similar today and while Santiago was highly impressive,  the gardens at Pazo de Oca looked like what my yard probably looks like right now.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We went to San Sebastian today on the Carnival excursion.  I do not recommend doing this.  Too fast of turn around.   They only allowed us 3 hours there and the meet up place was a 20-25 minute walk from beach/old town so really only had about 2 hrs.  We didn't even get to eat lunch.  Actually tried to and had to leave because restaurant was taking so long and got cursed at in Spanish.  Basically an hour waiting in theater/boarding the bus, 3+ hours on bus, and 50 minutes of walking to take pics of a beach and stick your toes in the sand.  

The weird thing is the excursion left 2 hours after the boat docked so I don't understand why we didn't leave 2 hours earlier.  If we had had 5 hours there instead of 3, it might have been worth it. But definitely not for so little time.  

20230604_132925.jpg

• Like 5

I have also been divested of the desire to travel "on my own" in non-English speaking countries because it has become abundantly clear to me that speaking un poquito Espanol may cut it in Mexico,  but not in Spain where they have 4 languages and one (Galician) is closer to Portuguese than Spanish and the other (Basque) isn't even an Indo-European language at all. I think I will stick to cruising to see Europe even if it is like trying to drink out of a fire hydrant.  

• Like 5